Like Tree0Likes

Thanks Coasties

Reply
Old 06-29-2009, 05:11 PM
  #1
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Pantera1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Winnipesaukee
My Boats: NorTech
Posts: 3,457
Default Thanks Coasties

Its called the right of way !!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vLEr...eature=related
Pantera1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:22 PM
  #2
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
GO4BROKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: CNY
My Boats: Sonic 386
Posts: 4,579
Default

Thats a speed boat?

What a tard. Exactly the type that manages to rear end a school bus stopped with the lights on.
__________________
[img][/img]
GO4BROKE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:24 PM
  #3
Charter Mod
Charter Member
 
BLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: E Dock
My Boats: Cigarette - "90MPH" Edition
Posts: 6,551
Default

I had a group of newbie CG guys intentionally hose down my entire boat with salt water a few years back, just North of Pier 66 with one of their deep vee zodiac looking boats. My boat was literally brand new, and we were deep in the no wake zone looking at the big "White House" on the corner in neutral. There wasn't much we could do about it unfortunately, besides pull everything out of the boat when we reached the dock, and hose down the whole boat down with fresh water. We never got it totally clean due to the amount of water the hit us with, including the bilge pumps immediately kicking on. They were just some jealous ***s looking for something to take their mind off of their pathetic lives. I have had some very nice coasties since however. These guys were just a group of losers probably headed to clean a ranking officials toilet, so we laughed.....a little.
BLee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:09 PM
  #4
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 9,585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLee View Post
I had a group of newbie CG guys intentionally hose down my entire boat with salt water a few years back, just North of Pier 66 with one of their deep vee zodiac looking boats. My boat was literally brand new, and we were deep in the no wake zone looking at the big "White House" on the corner in neutral. There wasn't much we could do about it unfortunately, besides pull everything out of the boat when we reached the dock, and hose down the whole boat down with fresh water. We never got it totally clean due to the amount of water the hit us with, including the bilge pumps immediately kicking on. They were just some jealous ***s looking for something to take their mind off of their pathetic lives. I have had some very nice coasties since however. These guys were just a group of losers probably headed to clean a ranking officials toilet, so we laughed.....a little.

This big white house? http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...316_1065157773

Only 28mm now......... My uncle lives diagonally across the ICW from it.
Jupiter Sunsation is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:48 PM
  #5
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Paducah KY KY Lake
My Boats: 39 Lip-Ship Cigarette 700 Zuls
Posts: 3,811
Default

they did not even try to slow down.. nice..that wreck is 100% CG fault in my view..
customryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:24 AM
  #6
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: VIRGINIA
Posts: 324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by customryder View Post
they did not even try to slow down.. nice..that wreck is 100% CG fault in my view..


yeaup, just chopping the throttles would have prevented that mess.........

the guy says CG yelled to the motor boater to slow down.....hahahahahaha you can hardly communicate with your own passengers doing 40mph, let alone boat to boat communication or better yet when two boats are at two different angles coming at each other....what a joke

Last edited by zimm1978; 06-30-2009 at 02:27 AM.
zimm1978 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:04 AM
  #7
Charter Mod
Charter Member
 
BLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: E Dock
My Boats: Cigarette - "90MPH" Edition
Posts: 6,551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation View Post
This big white house? http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...316_1065157773

Only 28mm now......... My uncle lives diagonally across the ICW from it.
Yep, I figured anyone that remotely knows the area would catch on to my "White House" reference. Your Uncle's place sounds great! Our place is just up the Intracoastal a little more, South of Bahia Mar.

We were just off the Southwest side, so headed North, they came wide to the West, and carved back to the East, totally hosing us literally like an enourmous wave. They also came within a few feet of my starboard side during the stunt.

Believe me, I GET jokes, and it might have been a little humourous had it not been salt water, and a 3 day old Top Gun T/S. They were just being *****s though.

BLee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:19 AM
  #8
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
offshoredrillin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Maryland
My Boats: 00 Cig Tiger,74 Cig 20'
Posts: 10,942
Default

It's sad to see something like that. One would like to think that any officer, be it a coastie or a police officer/dnr would do the right thing and avoid the accident first and then ticket if necessary. Failure to reduce speed to avoid a collision is a ticket able offense, imo with the other guys looking away the responsibility fell on the captain of the CG vessel.
offshoredrillin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:30 AM
  #9
Charter Mod
Charter Member
 
BLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: E Dock
My Boats: Cigarette - "90MPH" Edition
Posts: 6,551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshoredrillin View Post
It's sad to see something like that. One would like to think that any officer, be it a coastie or a police officer/dnr would do the right thing and avoid the accident first and then ticket if necessary. Failure to reduce speed to avoid a collision is a ticket able offense, imo with the other guys looking away the responsibility fell on the captain of the CG vessel.
Yeah, you would think........but I guarantee you that captain stuck his chect out, and had that universal thought in his mind that damn near EVERY law enforcement figure gets at some point, "I'm not moving, I'm the law, they can move out of MY way".......aaaaand WHAM. The guy clearly doesn't have a clue of how to operate a boat correctly, no matter what they told him in a classroom somwhere.
BLee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:45 AM
  #10
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Turkey Point Island Edgewater Md.
My Boats: 2012 39' Nor-Tech CC
Posts: 2,639
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by customryder View Post
they did not even try to slow down.. nice..that wreck is 100% CG fault in my view..


I agree.....
Spicy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.