Like Tree0Likes

Next: Anyone know this Kryptonite?

Old 07-06-2009, 06:07 PM
Registered

I have a lot of photos to share that are all taken in the past couple of days.

My e-mail address is [email protected] in case anybody want photos.

PM sent to you, Mike. Thanks for the interest.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:43 PM

My Boats: Don't even mention the word boat

Sorry for the heated post, Banks have just made me so damn mad this year I cannot see straight. I have banks that owe me around 26K I owe them $500, same bank diff division, told them to work it out, ya know do some math, they sick the efing dogs on me, and they owe me money. They never want to talk about what they owe me, just their bill

I had to file suit on a very big boat flooring company this year to get a 50K CD released when I closed my plan with them, when my rep got served in another state (thougth I couldn't do that) they realized I wasn't efing around. got my own money back.
So again sorry for the heated post, just banks have made me so mad this year.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:21 PM
Registered

You are a gentleman for saying that. Hope things work out better as the year winds down.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:07 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

My Boats: 1968 Switzer Shooting Star,1967 Switzer Shooting Star,1963 Glasspar G-3

That particular Kyrptonite was one of the best ever built.Plumbers Crack spared no expense using the best of everything. And yes the MRD engine is worth what the whole rig can be bought for.I have no dog in this fight,I just know the boat,and when I had it,it was very desirable,and I am sure it still is.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:23 PM
Registered

As a new member of this forum, maybe I need to apologize to the OP and his henchman Miklos for providing information about the location and salability of the boat. The most bizarre exchange of messages this morning suggested that the world of selling specialized boats is fraught with pressure points produced by the experts...their purposes being to induce a selling price that's beneficial to their own interests.

I'm guilty of perhaps taking the joy of trading out of the equation by telling us all the bottom line price of the boat. As a buyer myself, I should have better realized that the thrill of the hunt is part of the experience, and that my efforts were not as well received as they were intended.

For anybody offended by a bottom line price being offered, I apologize, but with no regrets...'nuff said.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:45 AM
Registered

My Boats: 29' Extreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy473 View Post
As a new member of this forum, maybe I need to apologize to the OP and his henchman Miklos for providing information about the location and salability of the boat. The most bizarre exchange of messages this morning suggested that the world of selling specialized boats is fraught with pressure points produced by the experts...their purposes being to induce a selling price that's beneficial to their own interests.

I'm guilty of perhaps taking the joy of trading out of the equation by telling us all the bottom line price of the boat. As a buyer myself, I should have better realized that the thrill of the hunt is part of the experience, and that my efforts were not as well received as they were intended.

For anybody offended by a bottom line price being offered, I apologize, but with no regrets...'nuff said.
BamaBoy,

You have to be the absolute worst salesman I have ever come across and believe me, I have come across some terrible ones over the years. Good luck selling this boat. I am sure the bank will be happy to know you blew off a legitimate cash paying customer through insults and stupidity. Based on your behavior I would warn anyone interested in this boat to go the extra mile making sure there is nothing wrong with it before making an offer.

The only thing bizzare about our exchange of emails is you, and you have alot more to apologize for than offering a bottomline price, which I missed by the way. Again, what a jerk.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:19 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2005 Kryptonite 29

I bought the boat. Got it to NY yesterday. I had all the fluids changed, filters changed, the fuel pumped out, new fuel put in, the carb overhauled, valves adjusted, and tune up,new trailer tires for the trip to NY. The trailer towed perfect. The boat ran good 88 mph on GPS after some prop testing. I still have some chine walk and am prop testing to deal with that. I made a post "Kryptonite chine walk" . The boat has many top end parts on it, the paint is in nearly new condition as is the whole boat. It took some work to get the legal paperwork in line, and at first working the whole deal was a little stressful. But now its done there is no doubt the value is more than there. Once I get the boat dialed in I will most likely flip it. I am already getting calls to sell it. I may keep it, it is a sweet boat. And I already rigged a 2002 that runs 104 mph, so I like the hull. If i decide to keep it, it will be a winter project and my goal will be 110-115 mph.