Like Tree0Likes

Does anyone know this truck.

Reply
Old 07-05-2009, 01:57 PM
  #1
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Warwick N.Y.
Posts: 241
Default Does anyone know this truck.

Im looking to buy this truck and wanted to know if anyone knew its original owner.I would like to find out if is a good truck or should i keep looking for another one.The truck is from Florida and was supposedly built to tow a offshore boat around.Thanx for any info you may have Sonic
Attached Thumbnails
Does anyone know this truck.-dodge-pickup.jpg  
sonic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 03:12 PM
  #2
Registered
 
pshannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Crownsville, MD
My Boats: 1989, Formula, 272
Posts: 399
Default

Don't know it but it looks like it would do the job. Dodge 3500 dually, lifted,20in tractor trailer wheels...The cummins turbo diesel engine in one of the best out there...GL
pshannon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 04:25 PM
  #3
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Warwick N.Y.
Posts: 241
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshannon View Post
Don't know it but it looks like it would do the job. Dodge 3500 dually, lifted,20in tractor trailer wheels...The cummins turbo diesel engine in one of the best out there...GL
Oh yea it will do the job.Just want to make sure its not a p.o.s.
sonic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 08:31 PM
  #4
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 323
Default

how many miles? is it chipped? amy performance parts on engine? chips and performance parts will take the life down alot on that motor.
fountainracing65 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 08:48 PM
  #5
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Warwick N.Y.
Posts: 241
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fountainracing65 View Post
how many miles? is it chipped? amy performance parts on engine? chips and performance parts will take the life down alot on that motor.
Thats what im trying to find out.All the dealer knows is that it has a cold air intake.50.000 miles on it.There going to deliver it to me on wed so trying to find anything i can before then.
sonic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:21 PM
  #6
No Comment
VIP Member
 
packinair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: This post copyright, Packinair Inc. All rights reserved.
Posts: 1,637
Default

wasn't that DHLAW's?
__________________
packinair is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:55 PM
  #7
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Warwick N.Y.
Posts: 241
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by packinair View Post
wasn't that DHLAW's?
If so i would like to ask him what if any mods where done to this truck.Thanx
sonic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:04 AM
  #8
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Arlington Tx
Posts: 9,373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fountainracing65 View Post
how many miles? is it chipped? amy performance parts on engine? chips and performance parts will take the life down alot on that motor.
Duramax yes Powerstoke yes but a Cummins will last years even at 500hp. If the motor was chipped it most likely was returned to stock. Nobody would purposely leave an expensive chip or tuner on a truck that was being traded. I know I wouldn't and I have a 2006 Dodge dually, best truck I ever owned.

Last edited by Catmando; 07-06-2009 at 12:09 AM.
Catmando is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:12 AM
  #9
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Arlington Tx
Posts: 9,373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic View Post
Im looking to buy this truck and wanted to know if anyone knew its original owner.I would like to find out if is a good truck or should i keep looking for another one.The truck is from Florida and was supposedly built to tow a offshore boat around.Thanx for any info you may have Sonic
Looks like an 08 or 09 from those 'bullet' taillights. If so it will have the 6.7L motor which is a bored and stroked 5.9. The extra cubes and the DPF and EGR systems have cost it at least 5mpg.

If you buy it you'll want to visit www.cumminsforum.com for tons of info on it.
Catmando is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:14 AM
  #10
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Warwick N.Y.
Posts: 241
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catmando View Post
Looks like an 08 or 09 from those 'bullet' taillights. If so it will have the 6.7L motor which is a bored and stroked 5.9. The extra cubes and the DPF and EGR systems have cost it at least 5mpg.
It a 06.the taillights are aftermarket
sonic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.