Looking for "SeaDoo for Dad" - 108' Sunseeker >

Looking for "SeaDoo for Dad" - 108' Sunseeker

Notices

Looking for "SeaDoo for Dad" - 108' Sunseeker

Old 08-19-2009, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
The other part of me says that I'm glad they're getting some compensation for the incident in a timely manner even. .
Could also be taken two ways.

1.They want to do the right thing and take care of it promptly

2, They want to sweep it under the rug asap before some
badazz lawyers team up with all the people involved and sue the crap out of them.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been watching this discussion as I was in the area at the time. It is good to see that the situation has been revolved. I feel sympathy for those affected but I think that its time to let it go. Those invlolved sent reps down as soon as the incident occured. If it had gone to court etc it would be many months most likely years before a settlement was reached. A settlement has already been agreed on so I believe. Thats something that should be appreciated. As for 'taking responsibilty'- as if anyone would publically when forums like this exsist with comments posted earlier wanted to 'lynch' some-body. A
Old 08-21-2009, 07:06 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by boatbuddy1
I've been watching this discussion as I was in the area at the time. It is good to see that the situation has been revolved. I feel sympathy for those affected but I think that its time to let it go. Those invlolved sent reps down as soon as the incident occured. If it had gone to court etc it would be many months most likely years before a settlement was reached. A settlement has already been agreed on so I believe. Thats something that should be appreciated. As for 'taking responsibilty'- as if anyone would publically when forums like this exsist with comments posted earlier wanted to 'lynch' some-body. A
As soon as the incident occured!! Are you kidding me? They shut the transponder off on the yacht when they got on the Delaware Bay. They flipped my freind and I off when we went after them to inform them of what had happened. I have yet to get any formal apology from anyone, other than some sorry azz apology on a form that was sent out to all of us. You were in the area, I was on the dock!
Old 08-21-2009, 07:17 PM
Registered

Boatbuddy1 - 1 Poster - Might Be Sea Doo For Dad
Old 08-22-2009, 08:34 AM
Registered

BoatBuddy1 is not Sea Doo for Dad. Again I feel sympathy for those affected-it sucks. Im just saying that in Forums like this where fact is often left behind....eg (they didn't switch off thier transponer or get 'buzzed by the coast-guard- check with the coast guard). Im not suprised they havn't made too many comments beyond the settlement or whaterver.
Gald that you guys that have been affected have been compensated- so you should be! good luck.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:52 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Donzi38ZXXX
Boatbuddy1 - 1 Poster - Might Be Sea Doo For Dad
Discoverd these facts whilst doing research for submitting an article in a cruising magazine.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:22 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Originally Posted by boatbuddy1
BoatBuddy1 is not Sea Doo for Dad. Again I feel sympathy for those affected-it sucks. Im just saying that in Forums like this where fact is often left behind....eg (they didn't switch off thier transponer or get 'buzzed by the coast-guard- check with the coast guard). Im not suprised they havn't made too many comments beyond the settlement or whaterver.
Gald that you guys that have been affected have been compensated- so you should be! good luck.
Compensation is one thing...

People could have been seriously injured or killed. My wife was thrown to the deck twice and was in danger of getting pinned between a couple of boats and the finger pier. The apology that they have offered was lame.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:52 AM
Registered

Still following this and just wanted to put it out there that Sea Doo for Dad is still in Nantucket at the Boat Basin.
They will not be going anywhere with the weather they will be experiencing over the next couple of days, that's a fair weather day boat.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:06 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe it was foolish fantasy to expect the owner to do anything beyond the absolute minimum. All I can say is that I recieved several PM's and phone calls indicating that he is a "stand up" or "honorable" man. Maybe this is the case, and his legal team is standing in his way for reasons that make sense from their point of view. All I know is that I work for a man who would have handled this completely differently. He would have made the captain turn around, told his legal guys to go screw themselves, gone back to the marina, met with every one of the victims personally, and really cared that they be properly taken care of. By the time it was over, every one of the victims would have thought far more of him than if they had not been through the experience.

Instead, we are left feeling strangely violated and abandoned, not only by the "SeaDoo for Dad" crowd, but also by Bombardier Recreational Products, who promised decisive action and by the USCG and local police, who seem to have simply vanished.

I have no idea what my reaction might be should I ever encounter this vessel or it's owners. I hope that I never do. Frankly: I hope that they NEVER feel comfortable cruising the waters of the eastern seaboard; that they ALWAYS feel nervous about the stares from the docks and other boats, never knowing whether they are being admired or despised; and that they dread every boat that pulls up next to them and attempts to hail them. May they never be comfortable in an eastern port - they made themselves a pariah by their actions, and they will have to live with it.

I'm disappointed and disgusted by the whole thing.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:12 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Well said Chuck, And Thank You for all of your efforts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.