Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone ever had their trailer repainted? >

Anyone ever had their trailer repainted?

Notices

Anyone ever had their trailer repainted?

Old 03-30-2002, 11:59 PM
Allan

Question Anyone ever had their trailer repainted?

I was thinking about having my trailer repainted. I wanted to know how much that might cost and if there is anyone good in Havasu to do it? Mine is showing signs of ware

Old 03-31-2002, 07:32 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I found a place up here in Western N.Y. that builds car haulers. I talked to the guy that runs the paint department. He told me if I could leave the trailer so they could do it at their convienience they would sand blast it and paint it for $600.00! I supplied the Imron, they had their own Epoxy primer. Trailer looks brand new!
Old 03-31-2002, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile trailer repaint

There was a custom trailer mfgr called Hoss, bought out by Zyman out near the airport. Don't know if they're still there or not or moved the operation to CA. So many boat builders out there someone ought to know. If not, try Xtreme Trailers in Riverside, CA...
Old 03-31-2002, 02:47 PM
Registered

Default other options

You may want to look at cost to powdrercoat- its a much better process and lasts longer- next best thing to galvanizing from a durability standpoint. Can get any color you want too. For that matter galvanizing is a good option if the appearance does not rub you the wrong way. Good luck!
Old 03-31-2002, 03:24 PM
Allan

Thanks. The trailer I have now is a Hoss. I will try to find Zyman and see where they are

Old 03-31-2002, 07:50 PM
BD 24VIP

Talking trailer

Originally posted by Allan
Thanks. The trailer I have now is a Hoss. I will try to find Zyman and see where they are
Allan, the name is "Zieman" and I believe they still have the old "Hoss" place in Havasu. Just do a search on the internet, they have a site with all their phone #'s. You also might want to give Randall's VIP trailers in Phx a call, they do all the Kachina trailers.

BTW, we're doing a day at Pleasant on Sunday 4/14 with the gang. If not then, we'll see ya' in Havasu!

Brad

Old 03-31-2002, 08:00 PM
Registered

Allan,

Buddy of mine was sick and tired of chips, he had his trailer stripped snadblasted and then Rhino lined - yea the stuff they put in truck beds. He did it about 2 yrs ago and it still looks great and not a chip - cost him about 7 benjamins.
Old 03-31-2002, 10:08 PM
Registered

Did my ski boat trailer myself about a year ago. sandblasting, grinding, priming, painting, new lights, winch, tounge jack, the WORKS!! It would have been a hell of a lot easier to go buy a new trailer!!!!!
Old 03-31-2002, 11:10 PM
Allan

Thanks Guy's . I will call Zieman tommorrow. Brad I will try to make it on the 14th. Hopefuly see you then .

Old 03-31-2002, 11:14 PM
Allan

Kokopelli, do you know if that stuff comes in custom colors Only seven hundred dollars or seven thousand . Can't be the second one

Quick Reply: Anyone ever had their trailer repainted?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.