Notices

Catalina Ski race launch

Old 07-10-2009, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike A.
Not one person on this thread made a crack about the 38" boat? Dayum. Why soooo seeeeerious?

Crap.....I'm the only one on this thread......what did I miss!
Old 07-10-2009, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Crap.....I'm the only one on this thread......what did I miss!
38" is inches. 38' is feet. In the old days before everyone here lost their edge, such a mistake would have led to at least a few cracks about launching a 38 inch boat. For example, someone would have said, "just carry it down to the water's edge and launch it", or "just park your car and have your kids walk it down to the local marina and drop 'er in." But nope, here I am explaining to Phantom Chaos what " means. Pffffft.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:43 PM
LZH
Registered

The Davies ramp is easy and it's a 5 min ride up to LB from the openeing of the harbor. Just take Ettinger all the way to the end. I launch there all the time but unfortunatly a bad injector is gonna keep me land locked this weekend.

Good luck to Matt Brayton (MM1)...he wll be pulling a skier behind his Fountain. God help that kid on the ski becasue Matt's a friggin psycho on the sticks
Old 07-10-2009, 09:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mike A.
38" is inches. 38' is feet. In the old days before everyone here lost their edge, such a mistake would have led to at least a few cracks about launching a 38 inch boat. For example, someone would have said, "just carry it down to the water's edge and launch it", or "just park your car and have your kids walk it down to the local marina and drop 'er in." But nope, here I am explaining to Phantom Chaos what " means. Pffffft.

LOL!!! Yep......I didn't notice that one! Musta been in a hurry to get stuff done to head down to Long Beach!
Old 07-10-2009, 09:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
LOL!!! Yep......I didn't notice that one! Musta been in a hurry to get stuff done to head down to Long Beach!
Old 07-10-2009, 09:22 PM
LZH
Registered

Nort - you takin the Sunseeker out ?? Mind those no wake zones if you do
Old 07-10-2009, 09:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LZH
Nort - you takin the Sunseeker out ?? Mind those no wake zones if you do
Nope.....Matt hasn't fixed the broken motor YET! I might grab the Formula in the AM and head up.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:25 PM
Registered

Well I went to Davies on Saturday. The entrance was sort of a b*tch (sharp left u-turn). I had to go real wide, as in, put truck onto curb to clear the entry gate. Then the launch ramp has somewhat of a drop off. I just took it at an angle -no problem. But a lot of people with smaller trailers were high-centering and dragging the trailers on the ramp. Finally , parking is a bit tight for a 45(foot) trailer so I recommend getting there very early (I was there at 9:45 and hardly any parking left) . Of course that didn't matter as my port alternator locked up on the launch ramp and I never made it off the trailer. And I spent 3 hours Friday night cleaning the boat----ahh boating....I ended up just chilling on the trailer talking with friends in the parking lot for 3 hours-cheap on gas at least.