Notices

LEOPA run today

Old 07-20-2009, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
He,he. Your a funny guy, Mark. I had asked him if he had planned on doing the run and says it's tough to do poker runs with the turbine Skater. Docking and maneuvering around the boats and all the congestion at times. We hooked up with him and Erika and went for lunch ay Kelly's Island on Sunday. He blasted by us like we were standing still. Awesome boat.
Bob
We kept Bob out of trouble for a few hours!
Attached Images  
Old 07-20-2009, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Talking smack after a LEOPA get together, this might be the first time that has happened It's not a poker run and there were no cards picked up at any stops. Scott it was good to see you and nice to have you help support our club. Phil is a long time supporter of LakeErieOffshorePerformance and has attended many events; he even brings in some of his best customers from around the country.
While we always have some nice hardware, the average attendee is a club member with a boat traveling like us, in the 60 to 70 mph range. Heck we didn't even have on cat at the event. This year with the economy hurting pretty bad in our area we shortened the run to help members conserve fuel costs. The organizers also did a phenomenal job and kept the cost @$250.00 a boat, this included two nights of docking, full breakfast, lunch, a steak dinner and live band. In addition each boat was given a goody bag, with 2 large mono-grammed towels and 2 tee shirts. The best part of the LEOPA summer event is that we donate a large portion of the fee to a local charity. We have donated to charities like the Special Olympics and Make a Wish this year $5,500 was presented to God Works a local charity that offers no cost meals to low income people all over lower MI. At the end of the run each boat got to draw 5 cards; then $7,000.00 in prize money and several thousand dollars in prizes were given out to the best hands. Most people marvel how we do it, Brian Bunch, this year’s Vice Commodore, organized the run, he had a good group of club members that helped him, they brought in great sponsors, and I guess they just shopped for the best prices. Thanks again to all the generous sponsors and all the club members that gave their time throughout the year to make this a fun time for members and guests
It was great to see everyone, and Bob you were missed.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MarkSmith
I heard Dennis the Menace got scared and did not show when he heard there were 6 foot waves.
I sure the hell hope not I made the run in this!
Attached Thumbnails LEOPA run today-thundr.jpg  
Old 07-21-2009, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Madcow
I sure the hell hope not I made the run in this!
Sweet Donzi!
Attached Thumbnails LEOPA run today-leopa-thunder-run-067.jpg  
Old 07-21-2009, 08:01 AM
Registered

-Just got back last night. What a great time, nice folks, big water and lots of new friends. Big thanks to Brian Bunch for the use of his shop to clean and prep my Konrad equipped Cigarette for the run after a long tow from Maine. It's sure was a blast to run in some decent water!

Here's a few pics.

Kurt
Attached Thumbnails LEOPA run today-leopa-thunder-run-046.jpg   LEOPA run today-leopa-thunder-run-014.jpg   LEOPA run today-leopa-thunder-run-079.jpg  

LEOPA run today-leopa-thunder-run-069.jpg   LEOPA run today-leopa-thunder-run-006.jpg  
Old 07-21-2009, 08:06 AM
Registered

Lot of nice hardware there, and looks like a great turn out!
Old 07-21-2009, 08:12 AM
Registered

Lots of sweet older boats there too!
Attached Thumbnails LEOPA run today-leopa-thunder-run-075.jpg   LEOPA run today-leopa-thunder-run-070.jpg   LEOPA run today-leopa-thunder-run-033.jpg  

LEOPA run today-leopa-thunder-run-026.jpg   LEOPA run today-leopa-thunder-run-021.jpg  
Old 07-21-2009, 09:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
He,he. Your a funny guy, Mark. I had asked him if he had planned on doing the run and says it's tough to do poker runs with the turbine Skater. Docking and maneuvering around the boats and all the congestion at times. We hooked up with him and Erika and went for lunch ay Kelly's Island on Sunday. He blasted by us like we were standing still. Awesome boat.
Bob
Hey Bob, I met you a couple of times but never on the water. Dennis and I go way back and I am busting his chops. The LEOPA run is one of the best runs I have ever been on. The LEOPA/MYC are a great bunch of people to party with. Erica and Dennis are on my Facebook and I knew they weren't going. Hope to see everyone real soon!

Last edited by MarkSmith; 07-21-2009 at 09:53 PM.