Notices

New Outerlimits 40 GTX

Old 07-27-2009, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I 'm sure there will be some speed bumps along the way as one can expect w/ any newly designed & engineered product but a manufacturers ability to react & rectify the problem is more than likely how the success will be measured. Ilmor customer service has always impressed me to date & I wouldn't expect any less going forward especially w/ the investment & release of a new drive & next generation of turnkey performing engines.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by animalhouse
Introducing the new 40 GTX from Outerlimits Powerboats. With Styling cues from the 39 GTX mated to the Race Proved SV 40 Bottom, this Ilmor 650 powered boat is capable of running 115 mph in comfort. This boat features the exciting new Ilmor 650's mated to the New Indy Drive System.
Nice numbers & sure looks good!!!
Old 08-04-2009, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Indy drive=breakage!
Always stirring the Pot!!
Old 08-04-2009, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by animalhouse
That is absolutely incorrect. The first set of drives that were shipped to us did have a slight issue........ The issue that we had with the first set of drives was related to a nut being manufactured out of tolorance.

Ilmor immediately switched vendors and replaced the nut in question. There was no drive failure that was reletive to durability and or design.

Bear in mind that this was the first set of Drives to be sold to the public. Compared to some of the "Growing Pains" other manufacturers have experienced, this was by far a minor issue. The impressive part was the level of attention that the problem recieved, and the manner in which it was dealt with.

Just my .02.... If it was the first set of drives made public.. I am sure you got the attention you needed.. They didn't have any other customers calling about the same problem.... LOL... Just kidding.. That is a sweet package and it the boat looks incredible.. OL did an awesome job. I would like to see more pics of the dash too...