Like Tree0Likes

guess Reggie is flying coach now

Reply
Old 07-24-2009, 09:45 PM
  #31
Registered
 
TEAMBAJA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Bucyrus, Ohio
My Boats: 24 OUTLAW
Posts: 6,654
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstaaa View Post
your point. as so gracefully mentioned above
Huh?
TEAMBAJA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:03 PM
  #32
Registered
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 259
Talking

TB............the reason?

Is probably the same reason why the Baja Citation jet was sold-
X-Driver is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:58 PM
  #33
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member
Trade Score: (2)
 
Fenderjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: North Point Creek, Md.
Posts: 4,330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstaaa View Post
i find itr puzzling how people tend to speak only of the negative that pertains to a person/ persons/ entitie which has done so much for our industry.
Haters


John jr
Fenderjack is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:15 AM
  #34
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 63
Default

If anyone thinks that boats are a big hole that you pour money into, try aircraft....
LuauLounge is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:24 AM
  #35
Correspondent
Correspondent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,350
Default

T2X,

Damn, I forgot about Formula. I have nothing but respect for Formula products and admiration for the Porters, whom I consider friends. However, in terms of production go-fast boat sales, Fountain has had the edge over Formula in recent years. On the other hand, Formula has been in business and thrived a lot longer.

There is at least one interesting parallel between the two companies. Formula wisely diversified with its Sun Sport and Super Sport lines. Fountain wisely diversified with its center console lines. Without those model line additions, both companies likely would be facing tougher times than they are now, as are all high-performance production builders.

You’ll notice I keep using the words “production boat,” and that’s because I want to compare apples to apples. In the early stages of this recession, custom builders, at least by their own reports, were largely unaffected. That has most definitely changed. The bigger names will survive. As for the rest, it’s going to be tough.

What you might well see, with the impending death of the floor-planning business model, are production boat builders adopting a custom boat model. That means they won’t start building your boat until you pay for it, or at least pay a substantial portion of it. But that changes everything, from the way you staff factories to the way you stock showrooms.

You may also see regional boat builders playing a bigger role in the production-boat market. Just a guess—but an educated one.

Here’s an old Chinese curse: May you live interesting times.

We definitely live in interesting times.
Matt Trulio is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 02:18 AM
  #36
Registered
 
PhantomChaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Bell Canyon, CA
My Boats: Formula FASTech 382 Sunseeker Apache 45
Posts: 12,756
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuauLounge View Post
If anyone thinks that boats are a big hole that you pour money into, try aircraft....

...........try horses!
PhantomChaos is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 05:58 AM
  #37
Registered
 
Zoomnfun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Saint Charles, IL USA
My Boats: Boats, Bikes, Cars
Posts: 90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomChaos View Post
...........try horses!
Yep, all consuming
Zoomnfun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:00 AM
  #38
Registered
 
Roger 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kankakee Illinois
My Boats: 1993 Cigarette Top Gun
Posts: 3,702
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Driver View Post
TB............the reason?

Is probably the same reason why the Baja Citation jet was sold-
I thought that "Cessna" made the "Citation". Did Baja splash one of those too?
Roger 1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:10 AM
  #39
Registered
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 259
"I thought that "Cessna" made the "Citation". Did Baja splash one of those too?"...............
X-Driver is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 03:11 PM
  #40
Registered
 
TEAMBAJA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Bucyrus, Ohio
My Boats: 24 OUTLAW
Posts: 6,654
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Driver View Post
"I thought that "Cessna" made the "Citation". Did Baja splash one of those too?"...............
I only remember the Chevy Citation. Dad sold a ton of those!

TEAMBAJA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.