Notices

American Boat Listing

Old 07-23-2009, 10:06 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, this is definitely one of those "quantity over quality" schemes, that make the fee sound like pennies in relation to the amount of the asset.

Just hypothetically: If this was the same guy that called all of you, and you had all accepted his offer, he would have done pretty good for a few minutes work. The amount isn't enough to dispute and possibly pay a fee to mess with, if the client suspects they aren't delivering the service they paid for. 8 hours of those calls would probably net a lot, if you didn't go insane.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 1,310 Likes on 731 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
Yeah, this is definitely one of those "quantity over quality" schemes, that make the fee sound like pennies in relation to the amount of the asset.

Just hypothetically: If this was the same guy that called all of you, and you had all accepted his offer, he would have done pretty good for a few minutes work. The amount isn't enough to dispute and possibly pay a fee to mess with, if the client suspects they aren't delivering the service they paid for. 8 hours of those calls would probably net a lot, if you didn't go insane.
Kinda like the scams they used to run on phone bills. Small charges that most people didn't notice, but when you do it to a bunch of people it adds up.
At least they won't get my money or a lot of people on this board.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:46 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They sent me an E-mail saying they would list my boat for FREE at all the boat shows. I filled out the form and within 5 minutes a guy called and said there was a one time charge of 249$$ to cover advertising. I told him where to go and hung up.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They called me all day yesterday. When I finally answered they told me they had a buyer for my boat. I told them great, forward my info to the buyer. They then asked for $194...........my boat will stay for sale as long as it takes. Now before that comment he told he could have sold within a week............I am keeping my money
Old 07-24-2009, 09:53 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They've been wearing me out about my houseboat and I've told them no repeatedly. If they'd spend as much trying to sell boats as they do trying to get listings they'd be a lot more sucessful!!