Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
any sites to  check JET SKI serial # s ???? >

any sites to check JET SKI serial # s ????

Notices

any sites to check JET SKI serial # s ????

Old 07-29-2009, 09:24 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default any sites to check JET SKI serial # s ????

Going to buy 2 JET SKIS this weekend on a trailer and owner claims the serial #s for SKIS & trailer are good , no titles for any of them but he will write a BILL OF SALE & only CASH which is understandable on the weekend ... Are there any websites to run the #s and make sure there A-OK before i part with the $$$$$$ ?? Thanks in Advance
Old 07-30-2009, 06:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know some states title trailers and some don't, but I thought every state titled jet skis. Maybe check with the tag office in the state where he lives.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Skullkrusher
I know some states title trailers and some don't, but I thought every state titled jet skis. Maybe check with the tag office in the state where he lives.
Cool i'm not as worried about the trailer as the skis , i can get a homemade title for the trailer at DMV for $ 72.00 but the SKIS are a concern and a bill of sale may not be worth the paper to wipe my A
Old 07-30-2009, 08:02 AM
Registered

I have always used the local cops when purchasing a jetski or ATV. They can at least verify that they are not stolen. Some states even have a form the cop can fill out to say that he verified the S/N, at least that is how it works in FL.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

definately call the cops on it. They will verify the numbers for you. Do you have the numbers or will you have to get them when you go to look at them. Like you said, the trailer is an easy fix.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Slinky
definately call the cops on it. They will verify the numbers for you. Do you have the numbers or will you have to get them when you go to look at them. Like you said, the trailer is an easy fix.
So the cops are'nt bothered by using there time for something like that ????? I just got off the phone with the seller and he is'nt close to the SKIS till saturday morn to get the #s and mentioned needs the CASH for a Vegas trip leaving sunday morn .... think i'll stop at the Dunkin Donuts and ask one of the Local cops if they run #s or if the Conservation police are the ones
Old 07-30-2009, 08:32 AM
Registered

This deal is making me nervous.... throwing all kinds of flags in my book!! Now the seller is pressuring you to hurry and bring him the cash so he can go on a trip? Why such a big hurry? Sounds like if he is that pressured for time, then he'd make time to get to the SKIS sooner than Saturday morn, so you can verify them.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And it's a smoking deal? No titles? hummm
Old 07-30-2009, 08:43 AM
Registered

Forget about it .. Send the money on your new motors...J/K

Call the cops to have them checked out or better yet, meet at a cop station and have them checked on the spot.. plus if there is something wrong with them, he'll not show up as he knows he'll be busted
Old 07-30-2009, 08:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by niceguy
This deal is making me nervous.... throwing all kinds of flags in my book!! Now the seller is pressuring you to hurry and bring him the cash so he can go on a trip? Why such a big hurry? Sounds like if he is that pressured for time, then he'd make time to get to the SKIS sooner than Saturday morn, so you can verify them.
I'm not nervous on the deal yet, there are lots of good deals out there and people hurting needing to unload things to pay mortages ,car payments, and food on the table , cash is understandable lots of BS checks and even phony casiers checks but need the $$$ for a Vegas trip ????? I will call him this afternoon and mention the Serial #s and going to have the Local pd run the #s before i hand over the bag of $$$$$$$$ and see if he gets spooked ....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.