Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   We are back home in Maine!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/21396-we-back-home-maine.html)

Biggus 04-01-2002 11:44 PM

We are back home in Maine!!!

Hey guys we arrived safely from the trip to LOTO to pick up my Top Gun.:D :D :D

I want to thank everyone who helped put this trip together for us,and man, what a good time it was!

Thanks to MFB357 for the use of the trailer,it worked out great and towed exceptionally well. I can`t thank you enough.

Thanks to Lutz Party and Miss Amy, you guys are a HOOT! and they have two of the cutest,well mannered kids!I really enjoyed the conversations with the them and was amazed at how well they get along,true buddies.
Folks, these two could possibly be the nicest people I`ll ever meet in my life:) and I mean it. If you ever get up in this corner of the world I`d love to return the favor. and hope to see you guys sometime soon!

Thanks to the guys at Lake Shore marine,in Sunrise Beach. Your service is OUTSTANDING!
I HIGHLY recommend this marina, they could not have been more helpful and are truly nice people. I enjoyed talking with you guys.

And thanks to Advanced canvas,Fantastic service and a perfect job at a reasonable price. I am very happy with the new cockpit cover.

Overall I am amazed at what a fantastic experience the trip was. The people at LOTO are GREAT!!!

I`ll post some pics of the new boat soon:D

Kurt.

MissAmy 04-01-2002 11:51 PM

BIGGUS!!!! Great to hear you made it safely! It was so nice to finally meet you. I enjoyed your company so much. You and Audio make quiet a pair! LOL!!

My kids loved you as well! They were just asking if our friends were home yet. I'll tell them in the morning. Thanks for the compliments; it makes me proud. :)

And........are you kidding! We still haven't gotten a ride on that baby, so you bet we're coming up to Portland, Maine sometime! Just don't know exactly when yet, but I can promise you we'll make it up there someday. I could just sit around at the airport or the mall or something and listen to all you NorEasters talk!!! LOL!

I hope that someday you can bring Laura down to the lake. I'd love to meet her and show her around.

Take care Kurt and enjoy SMOKIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ron P 04-01-2002 11:52 PM

Your teasing us:mad: Where are the PICS!:D

MissAmy 04-01-2002 11:53 PM

Oh, Biggus......Lutz did post some pics in another thread. I think it's titled "Biggus Cig"

mxz800 04-01-2002 11:57 PM

Biggus congrats on the new "GUN":D

Ron P 04-01-2002 11:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here ya go. I love this look. Nice and simple.

Biggus 04-01-2002 11:58 PM

Hi Amy,I was just telling Laura about how much we were impressed with the lake and the people are so genuine and nice. She said she is ready to move anytime!!!

Thanks again!!!!!!!!

Ron, I have to learn how to post the pics. Audiofn is up here with us right now. If I can wake him up I`ll get him to show me how:D :D

Kurt.

LutzParty 04-02-2002 12:14 AM

The Lure of LOTO

Biggus ......... You are wickedly kind with your words. It was great to meet you. I was looking for some more pics to post and just realized the we never took one of YOU. :rolleyes:

Tell Laura we can begin looking for a place for you at LOTO...........would you like lakefront or in town. Amy just said of course you will want lake front. How about that little cottage that we showed you by 4 seasons, I think it was a steal at 1.7 million. :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

LOTO also has miles of trails to ride your Penton Jackpiner on. We may even be able to find a few school hallways to ride them in (nyuck nyuck) it was nice to hear that I am not the only one to experience that thrill :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Let Audio get his beauty sleep and he can post your pics in the morning.

We will have to work out a trade the next time I make Povitica bread ............1 loaf for 1 lobster .............sounds like an even trade.

Behave yourself and take care.

mpally 04-02-2002 12:14 AM

Kurt, glad everything worked out well and you guys got home safe. Are ya ready to tow that back down for Memorial Day? That is when the real fun gets going. Congrats on the sweet new ride. I'll miss not seeing her at LOTO.

Dean Ferry 04-02-2002 06:58 AM

Biggus,
Congrats, that's a beautiful Cig!:cool:
MD

thunderdan 04-02-2002 07:41 AM

biggus,

congrats on your new boat. It looks sweet.:cool: :D

Payton 04-02-2002 07:51 AM

Biggus, glad you guys got home ok. Congrats on the great looking cig!!:cool:

Sean 04-02-2002 07:59 AM

BD,

AWESOME boat man...judging by the pics of the drives, she was well taken care of! More pics please!

Good luck with her!

Sean

Milord 04-02-2002 08:15 AM

Biggus, that thing looks awesome. Goes to show patience pays off when you're shopping. Enjoy the new ride. :D

boomer 04-02-2002 08:19 AM

Nice color on the boat

pullmytrigger 04-02-2002 09:05 AM

Nice Biggus........real nice.........kinda tonned down, some Cigs can be a little over the top.......Congrats...........Doug.:cool:

SeaDated 04-02-2002 09:09 AM

sharp boat. Two thumbs up!

spitfire1 04-02-2002 10:14 AM

Nice.........

Nice boat Kurt.....would like to hear about the particulars...what year, what power......and so on......when you get time....let us know.......

FunHome 04-02-2002 11:20 AM

Awsome Boat!! I don't recondnize it from the lake? Has it been there long? (I haven't been down much in the last couple of year's)
How long did it take you to get back to maine?
Glad to hear you like the Midwest!! We do have a lot of Nice people around hear!!

OZARKBOATER 04-02-2002 12:11 PM

The pics really dont do this boat any justice. Congrats Kurt, it is a beutifull boat...

I had a lot of fun that nite, from what I can remember. I am going to have to make it to Maine sonner or later.

Cramer

Gary C 04-02-2002 12:12 PM

It's a beauty! Good luck with it!

NW_Jim 04-02-2002 02:21 PM

3 Thumbs up. :D

Nice Cig Biggus. Can't wait to see more pics

mpally 04-02-2002 07:54 PM

Funhome, the previous owner lived right up the cove from Big Thunder. His house was on the same side of the lake as BT just past the Lake Shore Marina cove. I beleive the previous owner totally redid it including paint a few years ago, so you may not recognize it.

Cignificant 04-02-2002 08:18 PM

Kurt, congrats on the new boat! I know you've been looking for a while, and she looks like a beauty. Enjoy...

Luxy60 04-02-2002 10:08 PM

Biggus
Great looking boat!! Best of luck. Will you be cruising down to the Cape in June for the races??

What's the engine / drive package?

Audiofn 04-02-2002 10:14 PM

I just woke up!!!! It was a long drive home but thankfully a uneventfull one. The boat had LARGE mills but I will let Buggus fill you all in on the particulars as I will likely get it wrong, but suffice it to say they have HUGE blowers and it was said to go about 83 miles pr hour.

Jon

Audiofn 04-03-2002 08:48 AM

Ok I am good to get back to work. Lots of sleep and I am finally caught up in the sleep dept. I know, I know, Sleep is for girls. Anyhow a HUGE thank you to all that helped us out and kept us awake on our drive.

MFB357 Thanks for the trailer!!! Even if the fenders fell off, the whell bearings needed work, the bearing buddy fell off, and on and on and on ;) :p Thanks for all the help with the directions and all the help with finding a place to have the truck worked on. You are truely one of the last of your kind in this world. Just a down right nice guy!!! Sorry the trailer was trashed when you got it back. Let me know if I can drive down on a weekend and help you get it all back together.

Lutz and MissAmy: You guys are the great. Thanks for place to rest our very tired heads when we got out there!!! Also you guys made it really easy for us to find out way around with all the good directions. I wish we could have gotten you all out on the boat!!!! I guess you will have to make it out this way some time soon. Your kids are one of a kinds and you are truely lucky mom and dads. They are just the cutest funniest well behaved kids that I can remember ever seeing. They look like they are true sole mates and just happily to everything together. What are you feeding them LOL

Forest thanks for all the calls on the way out and back and all the directions. Also thanks for the help with the truck. We will see you again in the spring :D:D It was good to finally see the wife I wish we had more time to chit chat.

Later: Thanks for the dinner and all the lake info. You have a AWSOME boat. One of these days poor old Cramer will realize that you do not need 3 motors to make a 40 ft boat go well :D:D

Cramer: You one funny guy even if you are a light weight drinker
;) :p Keep in touch and if there is anything I can do to help ya out with your stereo venture just let me know.

Chart and Mrs. Chart: Congratulations on the new house!!! I wish I could have spent more time talking to ya but that Cramer clown chewed my ear off LOL Now get that motor out of the boat and start working your ass off Spring is around the corner!!!!! Like I should talk LOL :D:D

formuladude312 04-03-2002 09:17 AM

Hey Biggus!!!! Congrats on the safe trip back with the cig, Did you wipe off all the drule from the guys at the marina yet? lol I will be down this weekend to the marina to check it out, Must be nice to go to work every day driving a 38 top gun, I will see you later, Jeff

MissAmy 04-03-2002 09:23 AM

Audio ~ The kids loved you guys too! They're ready to come to Mass / Maine and try some lobster. :) (don't know about Mom, though ;) )

For the most part they get along great, but like ALL kids, they have their moments!! Oh, and remember the next time you're around Sam and Alex that they have BIG EARS and hear EVERYTHING. LOL!!!!!!!!! ;) :D :D :D

Audiofn 04-03-2002 09:28 AM

Yes Yes I am very sorry about that!!!:( :( Not used to the little ones being around :D:D You know you can never start to early with the educations :rolleyes: :p ;) :D

LutzParty 04-03-2002 09:31 AM

Thank You Thank You

Jon

We were more than happy to help you and Kurt out. I appreciate the compliments on our kids. I dont want everyone to get the impression that they walk around with halos on their heads like their father does however they really are good kids. They sure liked you guys too. They kept asking .......so where do you think Jon and Kurt are on their trip.

MissAlex (my wonder girl..... meaning I wonder what she will do next) is like mom quite inquisitive and Sam the Man is kind of like Dad....... goes with the flow. I joke sometimes and say I have a Politician (Sam) and his campain manager (Alex) ..........you know vote for my brother or Ill beat the crap out of you. ha ha ha

Kids sure make life interesting, I love listening to them.

A trip to MA / ME would be fun I dont know about this summer but perhaps in the fall to see some of the color.

:D

OZARKBOATER 04-03-2002 10:49 AM

Light Weight?

Hey now tell the whole story....

I believe that some one did not show up till 11:00 pm. So I had a head start.;)

If you guys ever need a place to stay I have you covered.

Later, what are we going to do with you? two engines as good as three???:p :D

let me know when your coming back down, I owe you a couple of drinks...I think:confused:

Cramer

tmthunder 04-03-2002 12:17 PM

Where in Maine do you live? I live in northern Maine about 75 miles north of Bangor. Looks like I will have to travel to the southern part this year though because we have NO water in the lakes around here. Glad to see other Mainers on here.

Brian

Biggus 04-03-2002 06:15 PM

Hey everybody, thanks again for the great hospitality! LOTO rules!!!:D I brought home some realestate flyers and my wife says she would move in a minute!:D :D :D We WILL be going back and hopefully sometime soon.

Today was my first day back to work after a LONG time of goofing off! Gotta pay for the 'Gun. I am working at a marina up the lake from my house and I have the boat there until the water rises enough to put it at our dock. It was killing me to look at it all day while working on other peoples boats. I am looking forward to the weekend to tinker with the new toy!

We are in Naples, on the Sebago/Long lake waterway.the water level on the Long Lake side is about 18"from full pond. Sebago is really low, about 6' lower than normal. I think that many folks wont be able to use thier docks and several marinas are refunding slip fees:(

Oh well, enough rambling.:cool:

Kurt.

Pamela 04-06-2002 01:27 AM

Congrats Kurt!

Kurt...It's Pam...I resigned up for OSO since I changed email addresses and couldn't remember my password for the old screen name I had...

I just wanted to say that I saw the pics and the boat is BEAUTIFUL...if all goes well maybe I will get a chance to go for a spin over 4th of July :)

I'm glad Audio was able to help you make the trip a success...

Break on through to the other side...just think how good the Doors will sound on that boat!:D

Give my best to Laura....

Audiofn 04-06-2002 08:45 AM

Hey babe :D:D:D

Playn 04-06-2002 08:49 AM

Congrats! Great looking boat!:D Glad the trip was a success!

FunHome 04-06-2002 09:41 AM

Biggus, How long did it take you guy's to get home?:confused:

Audiofn 04-06-2002 10:22 PM

Funhome it took us about 26-28 hours with stops and rests to get home. Maybe a little more. We did not really pay any attention to when we left.

Jon

Biggus 04-07-2002 12:00 AM

It was the most hassle free road trip ever:D
I was a little nervous going home but all went incredibly well!
I wish I could make a living travelling around the country looking for the perfect boat for someone:D I think I`d be good at it:D

Kurt.