Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
RUNNINGHOT's EVIL ENGINE BUILDER SPEAKS >

RUNNINGHOT's EVIL ENGINE BUILDER SPEAKS

Notices

RUNNINGHOT's EVIL ENGINE BUILDER SPEAKS

Old 08-05-2009, 12:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shouldn't this be moved to the beware section? We need to lighten up the mood here in the General Boating section.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:17 AM
Registered

If this is in courts, why are they on here making this all public? Shoudln't this be made public AFTER everything is settled in court?

The preponderance of responsibility lies with the business owner –not the client. That is also in court not just in this forum.
I understand the severity of the situation, and I feel for both sides, but honestly, you guys sound like a bunch of kids yapping back and forth.

Last edited by mmillward26; 08-05-2009 at 06:20 AM.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most guys prefer to keep these kind of mechanical issues to themselves and work it out with the vender. Wait until he tries to sell the boat everyone will remember it as the Skater with the motors that had all of these problems. How many people do you think will be interested in buying that power either in the boat or out of it.

It is ashame when anyone has these kind of problems. However it is really getting carried away at this point.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:20 AM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

I have been reading both of these threads and don't understand something.
The first motors lasted 200 hours, why not send them back to that builder? Did I miss that?
Old 08-05-2009, 08:53 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
I have been reading both of these threads and don't understand something.
The first motors lasted 200 hours, why not send them back to that builder? Did I miss that?
The first motors lasted 200 hours, why not send them back to that builder?
WILDMAN I was Sold on LARRYS ENGINE & MARINE when LARRY claimed to be the Methanol injection & BIG CHIEF HEAD gurus , SUPPOSEDLY all the SKATERS running around out west are powered by LARRYS engines and they were building & shipping bunchs of these motors to the SKATER plant then later to find out that STERLING MIKE D is there motor of choice . LARRY sayz 175 motors built per year but only 2 customers/cheerleaders have spoken up that there running LARRY power in there boats ...
Believe me if i knew then what i know now i would have shipped them South and had them freshened with a hone,bearings, & rings ...

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 08-05-2009 at 08:57 AM. Reason: pic download
Old 08-05-2009, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Contract and build sheets will cost more up front but saves money in the long run.
ed
Old 08-05-2009, 10:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by sleek1
Shouldn't this be moved to the beware section? We need to lighten up the mood here in the General Boating section.
beware section!!!!!
Your absolutely correct SLEEK1 so the OSO audience can be made aware of the and the promises that LARRYS ENGINE & MARINE make and dont perform.....

Heres an email i dug up from from ERIK aka LARRYS ENGINE & MARINE to seal the deal on my build & on the HP & speeds the boat would run if motors were built 100% in LARRYS shop in Tuscon ....

No problem bro!!!! Larry is a great guy, I know you would be happy with him. No gimmics, just hard ****ing work from those guys. After going through my heads from Sterling we got 81 more horsepower from each engine along with a ton more reliability!!
Get it together for Desert Storm!!! I got rooms reserved bro!!! We will have a blast all week!!! Let me know.
Yep, all Ti in the heads. We are making 1185hp with 11 pounds of boost so I am pretty happy. Larry has made my ex Sterlings come to life.......take his advice and you will be a happy man next year. I just pulled those 39 Herrings up to 160 and had another 400 rpm to go. If you need anything else bro let me know....

Erik
520-907-39//

So if LARRYS ENGINE & MARINE is claiming/selling 160 +mph in a 40 SKATER with there 1185 hp motors s what #s can be expected from say my 1350s that they built ??? or these 1500s hp BIG DAWG motors ????? What a bunch of fibbers & b/sers
Old 08-05-2009, 10:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
This builder was identified through this site. I personally think this builder is highly competent and to all of those out there backing him—good you should. I personally did not choose him- not due to competency questions but simply “Distance”. I like builders and shops that I can walk into and look in the face and ask the questions. Call it personal preference. I also liked other combinations- cams, head guys etc… And in defense of the builder there are many ways to produce this motor and meet the horsepower goals. Getting two competent builders to agree an all items- line item by line item- would be like sending a hundred woman into a store with a 1000 purses and asking them to choose one. But- in the end it is the choice of the guy with the check book.

I don't mean to stir the pot, but at the beginning of this thread you liked the builder, now you are bashing him and calling him incompetant... all within a few days... ???
Old 08-05-2009, 11:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mmillward26
I don't mean to stir the pot, but at the beginning of this thread you liked the builder, now you are bashing him and calling him incompetant... all within a few days... ???
Wrong !!!!!!!!!!! this is his thread and i jumped into to defend allegations of saving meth,old gas,parts Pistons,rings, gaskets they were eating when Larry recognized the timing problem after meltdown and now sayz BIG CHIEF HEADS like 27-28 degree timing not 34 ,and sent and decided to invoice 2weeks later .. ....during the Build i was a believer in them and even stuck up for Larrys ENGINE when others bldrs said it could'nt be done and needed whirples ,but not at Larrys Engine he even sold me on needing 1671 roots blowers that he machined/installed and was paid for ... ...I was very Gullable and was SOLD on his ideas huge #s ,speeds,200 hour till refresh and 10 hour oil changes,and 30 hour valve adjustments .... these motors will be reliable they are carbon copy of ERIKS just check oil,gas her up and enjoy ...

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 08-05-2009 at 11:26 AM. Reason: spell check
Old 08-05-2009, 11:16 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

i really hope both sides can work this out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.