Thinking about starting my own company >

Thinking about starting my own company

Notices

Thinking about starting my own company

Old 08-28-2009, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
I see two kinds of boaters and people....those who concern themselves with the shallow stuff like appearnace and garish posturing and those who enjoy the experience, handling and performance. There are those who enjoy both I guess, but very few showoffs make good, sensible and accomplished boaters. This, of course, is just my humble, obsolete opinion, but life's too short and good weather days are too prescious, to waste time on tarting up either your boat or yourself.

T2x
wow, I like to think there are 2 types of boaters.. those who love to enjoy their toy they have worked so hard on - and those who love to hate (ok ok - dislike) other's works of art. In other words, you either enjoy boating for what it is, or you spend too much effort worrying about everyone else - looking down their nose at everything that doesn't suit their likes.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Aquinosteven
Yeah, im in the worst possible position going into college. If i come out with a $200,000 degree and theres nothing for me then im screwed but hopefully this will all turn around in the next four years. I live right up the street from a guy who started a company right out of high school doing nuclear waste disposal. He makes over 2 mil. a year and is happy as can be. He also has a very nice 38zr comp. But the main this is that not everyone need a degree to make a decent living but in my case i think i do. Right now i can go to school for 20 years and still not find a job.
You did say that you are gonna go to college. Thats very good - as an option B, too. If you don't make it all the way through right away, take some business classes first that will come in handy like finance, maybe business law, etc. You would use those prob right away and good possibility of saving an expensive wrong decision. University of hard knocks is very expensive, too.

I wish I knew what I wanted to do when I was 17. I'm 6 yrs away from my 1st retirement and still don't know what I want to do with career #2. You are already miles ahead of most others. Keep it up!!!!

Old 08-31-2009, 11:30 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by tackledackle
nor do I have to agree with you.. or waste 10 mins on a reply..

I appreciate the classics, but I really dont care what you think I appreciate. So......

Another guy without an actual counterpoint in a debate who uses "smilies" as a replacement for an intellect.

T2x
Old 08-31-2009, 11:34 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Aquino Steven:

You certainly have some great skills, regardless of my opinion on the result. If the economy comes back to where it can support someone like yourself, you certainly are building a good resume. Given the fact that anybody who can answer the question "What's your name?" correctly 3 out of 5 times is now eligible for a college degree, I would not be surprised if true craftsman become more valuable in the future than MBA's.

Keep after your dream....... and good luck.

T2x