Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   More Pantera 35' Pictures (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/21524-more-pantera-35-pictures.html)

Pantera24 04-03-2002 01:51 PM

More Pantera 35' Pictures

1 Attachment(s)
These are additional pictures of the new Pantera 35' "Survivor"
Brought to you by Jo and Pepe at www.panteraboats.com

Enjoy, more pics to follow.

Pantera24 04-03-2002 01:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a shot of the engines.

Pantera24 04-03-2002 01:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bulkhead shot.

BODYSHOT1 04-03-2002 03:40 PM

Very Sharp!!...
:cool:

dyno 04-03-2002 03:42 PM

Way cool! what kind of price tag will they have?say with 496 HO's?what does the cabin look like?

NASTY HABIT 04-03-2002 03:47 PM

I'll take 2......very nice set-up...my next boat shopping venture is gonna get tougher and tougher.. i just hope it's soon

BAJA WILL 04-03-2002 04:05 PM

Looks nice, but no room?? Where you going to put the girls???:p

JO - PANTERABOATS 04-03-2002 05:20 PM

Hey Guys,
Thanks for the compliments.Pricing for the 35 Survivor with the same setup as the pictures with twin 500 EFIs will be $ 180,000.With a standard cockpit consisting of 2 stand up bolsters and a rear bench with a full cabin and 500 efis will be $ 195,000.Each boat has full hydraulic steering,custom race battery boxes,race controls,Auto Meter or Gaffrig instruments,race lay up,cockpit cover,props just to name a few items.It has all the best parts in it standard.
We will be building 12-15 35 Survivors a year completely custom made to owners specs.If you need more info.please feel free to email me at [email protected] or call me here at Pantera at 305-948-5600.

That Interior will hold you and 5 girls in it or if you need more room I will build you the boat in a center console version.:D

Regards, JO

rtaylor 04-03-2002 05:27 PM

Jo,

I noticed the steering wheel in the center of the cockpit. In the pleasure model, are the twp bolsters on one side or is there space between the two to get into the cabin?

Beautiful boat. Keep up the great work.

Randy Taylor

JO - PANTERABOATS 04-03-2002 05:36 PM

Hi Randy,

The pleasure version has the bolsters on the port and starboard side with the cabin entry in the center.The 6 man bolster set up can have the wheel placed on the starboard side also.It is up to the customers liking.Most of them ask me for my input anyway on what we think.Regards, JO

Steve 1 04-03-2002 07:00 PM

1-The 35’ Pantera looks uncannily like a 35’Cigarette.And # 2 The 28 footer of yours looks kinda like a 27’ Magnum Hull was used! My question is on #1 why on Earth would someone resurrect a 30 year old boat, Complete to the fold in the side, when nowadays we can do some pretty neat things with simple clean Hull shapes?

--------------------------------------Sounds Dangerous count me in

Best Regards
:confused:

Pure Energy 04-03-2002 07:13 PM

Don't all these boats look alike??????? If you look at the comparison in the other thread with the cafe, you will notice a difference in the two.

JackL 04-03-2002 07:16 PM

I agree with TOO OLD. Jo the boat looks great. Next time I'm down south I would like to check out the factory. If business ever picks up I would like to buy a 28' with twin outboards. Jo if you ever come across a nice twin outboard 24' or 28' please let me know.
Thanks
Jack L

Steve 1 04-03-2002 07:59 PM

Too Old I just think the resemblance is a little too close!! (come on ) as far as the fold , if the sides are cored I see nothing wrong. Maybe some pictures of the Plugs being framed out would solve the question,On the 28 and 35 after all everyone keeps those photos!!

------------------------------------Sounds Dangerous count me in

Best Regards

Thirsty Turtle 04-03-2002 08:44 PM

I'll second Troutly with a

Hubba Hubba Zoot Zoot...Na Num Num! :D :D

Steve 1 04-03-2002 08:45 PM

To Old not being disrespectful to you! I do not have a concern over Pantera; But
Borrowing sugar from other people’s bowls is not cool, if that is a fact in this case! Someone posted pictures and they looked amazingly close. Is all I am saying...?

--------------------------------Sounds Dangerous count me in

Best Regards

JO - PANTERABOATS 04-03-2002 08:56 PM

Hey Steve 1,

Lets start on the 28 Pantera that my Father began building in 1975.That boat was designed and built by Mr.Schoell.Maybe he has the pictures when he built the plug.In case you are new to the sport our 28 is an impressive, and race proven hull.You do not have to take my word for it just ask any 28 Pantera owners past or present (approximately 800 of them) .

Now for the 35 Survivor since you are so close to me why dont you stop by and visit and I will take the time to show you the pictures of the plug.If you are concerned if the boat was copied by us sleep well tonight because it was not.It was designed by Jim Muir and my Father and I.The boat will be a winner and I will prove it racing one this year in F2.

I hope you accept my invitation to stop by and visit since I do not like insinuation since that is not my style.

Regards, JO

Steve 1 04-03-2002 09:10 PM

Jo first off you did not see the similarities in the pictures of the Cigarette and your new 35?? Second the first 28’ was 78 or 79 it was a all Black boat at the Miami Beach Show, Third you are also right about Mr. Schoell he did Build the original 27 Magnum IMHO. Fourth I was only Purveying the obvious .. And the sleep thing LOL stick to the Debate.

-------------------------------------------Sounds Dangerous count me in

Best Regards

JGB 04-03-2002 09:20 PM

Not that Jo or Pepe need anyone to vouch for them but i personally saw the 35 plug being made when i picked up my 28 last year. Everyday as i checked the progress on my boat i watched the craftsmen sand away the plug to resemble the end product we see today. Cigarette influences? maybe? but the survivor is 100% Pantera in Design, Rigging, construction and quality!

Again, Great job Jo, Pepe and the rest of the Pantera Team!

The boat came out great.

James

Steve 1 04-03-2002 09:29 PM

JGB see how easy it was! Question Answered. The photos that were posted of the Pantera in which the Cigarette seemed to be a dead ringer. Or vise versa just seemed curious and I had to make the post...

-------------------------------------Sounds Dangerous count me in

Best Regards

JO - PANTERABOATS 04-03-2002 09:50 PM

Hey Steve,

Now you are going to hear from the horses mouth that started the company in 1975.

First of all I began the company with the 24 model in 1975.

The 28 model I started production in 1977.I did have a black and white 28 footer in the 1978 Miami Beach Boat show but that was not my first 28 built.I am very flattered to know that I was so important that somebody would keep track of me over the years the way you have,For that I thank you.

As you stated in your original previous post that borrowing sugar from other peoples bowl was not cool I can assure you that I have never tried to pass my boat as another manufactures boat definetely not.My family and I have done just fine in the business strictly useing our Pantera brand recognition.

Mr. Schoell did build the 27 Magnum and also built the 28 Pantera.

Since I have taken my time to answer your questions and it is obvious that you have followed my career, I would appreciate to know your name and what field you are in and hopefully your number so I can have you help me refresh my memories of this exciting journey that some of us fortunate few have had in the glorious days in the offshore powerboat business.

Respectfully Yours, Pepe Pantera

:D :p

Steve 1 04-03-2002 10:06 PM

To Old not being disrespectful to you! I do not have a concern over Pantera; But
Borrowing sugar from other people’s bowls is not cool, if that is a fact in this case! Someone posted pictures and they looked amazingly close. Is all I am saying...?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cool pepe Also reading my post which was written on a 6th grade level ! I wrote also" if that is a fact in this case"

So you are saying the Bottom on the 28 Pantera is completly different than a 27 Magnum ?? I mean not one Measurement ,Deadrise ,Strakes,Chine,and the Stem Knee.None right?? which Cigarette did Mr Muir design Hull that is ?? and the Petty Insults ?Come on!

-------------------------------------Sounds Dangerous count me in

Best Regards

Pantera24 04-03-2002 10:11 PM

Steve1,

Going back to your original thread.

1-The 35’ Pantera looks uncannily like a 35’Cigarette.And # 2 The 28 footer of yours looks kinda like a 27’ Magnum Hull was used! My question is on #1 why on Earth would someone resurrect a 30 year old boat, Complete to the fold in the side, when nowadays we can do some pretty neat things with simple clean Hull shapes?
When you say "we can do some pretty neat things with simple clean hull shapes?"

Whom are you referring to by "we".?

Whom do you design or are employed by in the Marine Industry.?

Thanks

Steve 1 04-03-2002 10:13 PM

Pepe all you got to do is say none ,I have no problem with that.

-------------------------------sounds Dangerous count me in

Best Regards

Hey its my Turn at asking.You have to wait your Turn!

JO - PANTERABOATS 04-03-2002 10:17 PM

Steve,

I am not going to convince you so I think the best thing to do is just move on.I will be here to answer any question you have.You know my number , I wish I knew yours.I do not have the time to be emailing back in forth for with you since I know I am never going to convince you anyway.You sound like a guy with an AX to grind.

Pepe Pantera :p :p :p

Steve 1 04-03-2002 10:20 PM

Pepe no I have no Axe to grind as a matter of Fact you got some free press And I respect all Boatbuilders.

Best Regards

rtaylor 04-03-2002 11:00 PM

Gee, I don't see anyone from Cigarette or Magnum complaining, does anybody else? Unless Steve represents any of these folks, I think this is the time to congratulate the people at Pantera for hlding out to produce a good product. How about some positive comments, Steve?

Randy Taylor 212-614-0236
233 East 12th Street 2a NY, NY 10003

Steve 1 04-03-2002 11:08 PM

Rtaylor what exacty would you like me to post?? First off I was not knocking the product; So Florida Boat builders produce some tough boats.

------------------------------------------sounds Dangerous count me in

Best Regards

Hustler 26 04-03-2002 11:11 PM

I second too Olds statement. If you are going to comment(argue?) with members of this board who we all know the idenity of then it only seems just fair that the board members know yours

Dave Moculski aka Hustler 26

rtaylor 04-03-2002 11:12 PM

Steve,

I would like you to spell out for me why you would ask such questions when the folks at Pantera are in their glory right now. It's time to celebrate something great when a builder comes out with a new product. THis is still a small industry and we all need to stick together. Let's be supportive and leave the negative stuff for something more important than boats.

Steve 1 04-03-2002 11:33 PM

Look something caught my eye in the pictures, Jo could have cut me off by Saying we Lofted full size, built the Plug on Steel Beams .Frames were fir plywood, Fir battens Triple ¼ “ sheeting and Lots fairing compound and DuraTec .But he did not
Hell floating a new boat the first time and initial testing is like birth of the first son, one has to experience it Unreal! Of course I wish Pantera well they are an American boat builder Right? And I also feel bad that Pepe came on,Jo should of handled it and left dad one step removed.

And since when can I not Ask a Question or Question something I see ??

Best Regards too all

rtaylor 04-03-2002 11:37 PM

Steve, My Friend

You are entitled to ask any questions you want, and you are entitled to embarass yourself anytime you want also.

Miller 04-03-2002 11:39 PM

Amazing looking boat. Congratulations guys!

Pantera24 04-04-2002 07:54 AM

Steve1,

The ONLY question I cannot answer is, why do you not want to identify where you work???

I agree you have the "right" to ask any question and get a reasonable answer.

So why is it that you can not answer a simple question that has been asked of you 3 or 4 times???

Is that too much to ask?

I think it's a reasonable question.

Von Bongo 04-04-2002 09:40 AM

Originally posted by Steve 1
1- Complete to the fold in the side, when nowadays we can do some pretty neat things with simple clean Hull shapes?

--------------------------------------Sounds Dangerous count me in

Best Regards
:confused:

Gee the new Cig Gladiator has a fold in the hull sides. :D :confused: I wonder why a world renowned company like that would build a new boat with a fold in the hull?

Did you ever stop to think that maybe some people may like that classic look?

You should have added a beak along with the folds, then you would really have Steve up in arms.

boat nut 04-04-2002 11:35 PM

Dear Steve 1,

It's very apparent that you have a tremendous background in boat manufacturing. In your opinion, who are the top 2 or 3 manufacturers of high performance offshore boats(deep v's)??? I am refering to quality and overall performance.

Steve 1 04-05-2002 06:27 AM

Gee the new Cig Gladiator has a fold in the hull sides. I wonder why a world renowned company like that would build a new boat with a fold in the hull?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bongo My God brilliant!! Now what I would like you to do is post How Cigarette generated the 36’ Gladiator (How being the key word here) Then read it yourself Since some in here seem to have reading difficulties. The Genetics of the crease will <<<Then >>> become very apparent, like magic.

Now Again If something Quacks has webbed feet Walks and looks like a Duck, Swims and has a Chinese Meal named after it well!!
35 Cigarette 35’ X 8’ 35 Pantera 35’ X 8’ These were Taken from the respective Web Sites and while <Looking at the Picture >The Shape of the Strakes, the Entry ,and Shear line , Of the two boats. That’s what had me puzzled, And is that not what this Place is all about this Forum. Also they should get very used to these same Questions! And promptly post pictures of the Plug and maybe Plug scantlings, .and not try any chilidish Insults to the people asking questions of the Oblivious.

----------------------------------Sounds Dangerous count me in

Steve 1 04-05-2002 06:42 AM

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forum/sh...0&pagenumber=1 that was one of the Pictures

Down to the bottom of the page there are the Cig/Pantera Pics

Pantera24 04-05-2002 07:48 AM

Steve1,

First let me quote you.

Steve1,

Since some in here seem to have reading difficulties.
Have you not been able to READ my questions of you??

Where exactly do you work and in what function?

Secondly,

Jo from Pantera has indicated without any hesitation .....
that yes the 2 hulls are of

..similar..
design.

So yes the "oblivious" as you say, has been noted.

What else do you want???

He even invited you over to his shop so you can see everything that has been done on the build up of the new Pantera 35'.

I wonder why you did not take him up on the offer, you only live
30 minutes away??

I encourage free speech as much as anyone else, but you can't scream fire when there is none in a theatre.

rtaylor 04-05-2002 09:42 AM

Well said, Pantera 24.

I don't know what Steve is trying to accomplish. but I have little respect for those that have to rain on a parade, especially a great moment like introducing a new boat to the market. His question was answered several times, and he's calling people on the board oblivious. What, if anything, is he thinking? No wonder people from the outside look at our sport as one that attracts stupid idiots. I'm increasingly embarrassed, when people ask me what I like to do, to tell them about offshore powerboating. If we don't respect ourselves how will others respect us as a group? Do you want this sport to grow, Steve? And if you fail to see the connection between your silly line of questioning and the integrity of the sport then ask someone who is close to you. Don't take my word for it. People are constantly watching and listening to us. I'm not referring to smart questioning, but the red neck and pot belly in you has got to go if you care about this sport.