Like Tree0Likes

chapter11..give it a rest

Reply
Old 08-26-2009, 05:17 AM
  #21
Registered
 
Scott B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Slightly North of Cuba
My Boats: Donzi Criterion SS, X-18 , 16 OB, Z-235, F-14, Magnum Missile
Posts: 2,914
Default

Somebody go belly up?
Scott B is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:32 AM
  #22
Registered
 
99fever27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington
My Boats: TBD
Posts: 1,537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Performance View Post
Cause they are!!!
There seem to be quite a few people glad to hear the news. For the record, I'm not one of them. I hate to see anyone fail.
Eddie
It's a sick feeling to see a boat company go thru this. It's more sickening to see fellow boat enthusiasts throw stones while its happening. Like FPB or not, I don't see the good in kicking a company while it's down. Seems petty.
99fever27 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:38 AM
  #23
dcb
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
dcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Falmouth, Va/ PGI, Fl
My Boats: 2007 35 Lightning staggered 525s
Posts: 340
Default

Most likely, the people that are "giddy" to see a business fail, have never owned a small business. There has been a lot of criticism about how Mr. Fountain ran his business, spent money etc, but I doubt he foresaw the problem with our economy that we presently face. I hate to see any business fail, as everyone loses.
dcb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:55 AM
  #24
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99fever27 View Post
It's a sick feeling to see a boat company go thru this. It's more sickening to see fellow boat enthusiasts throw stones while its happening. Like FPB or not, I don't see the good in kicking a company while it's down. Seems petty.
I agree.
AB From Windsor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:09 AM
  #25
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 534
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb View Post
Most likely, the people that are "giddy" to see a business fail, have never owned a small business. There has been a lot of criticism about how Mr. Fountain ran his business, spent money etc, but I doubt he foresaw the problem with our economy that we presently face. I hate to see any business fail, as everyone loses.
Mr. Reggie sets himself up for the kicking, he has no-one to blame but himself.
I'd hate to see the line go away but could care less about a man who's ego alone would try to stiff a charity poker run and use it as a marketing tool. Good riddance Reggie!
ZP'd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:23 AM
  #26
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Graham,NC
My Boats: 2007 Lightning w/700s, 29 w/575s
Posts: 628
Default

ZP"d, you need to learn the facts before posting. RPA was paid per Mark the president.
Roger is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:30 AM
  #27
Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 701
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb View Post
Most likely, the people that are "giddy" to see a business fail, have never owned a small business. There has been a lot of criticism about how Mr. Fountain ran his business, spent money etc, but I doubt he foresaw the problem with our economy that we presently face. I hate to see any business fail, as everyone loses.
everyone loses???

do you hang out with NYC's mayor Bloomberg? reggie is a small business owner?? of course there are people laughing about this and "giddy". why ??

first off he's a multi million aire that won't loose a nite's rest while his attorney's are busy screwing all the employees that are scratching their heads and wondering if their going to have a job next week? he's been using investor's and other's money thru accusitions and paper deals to squeeze every possible dime of profit for his businesses with out putting any of his $$$$ at risk. a lesson he learned from wall str and seemed to be a quick student of.

i wonder how many of the businesses that have declared bankruptcy would still be around today if there owners or CEO's had to put up a large share of money for collateral on the loans that were being handed out?

please don't compare reggie to actual small businesses that have been shut down with out declaring bankruptcy by the current economy and because of no fault of there own.
skaterdave is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:56 AM
  #28
Registered
 
PatriYacht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Waterford,MI
My Boats: 94 43SC Black Thunder
Posts: 2,860
Default

No matter what one may think of Reggie or of Fountains, it is a sad event for the boating industry, no one is immune and the economy seemed to turn on a dime. I live in Metro Detroit and things went south here in a hurry, no one had a chance to sell their home, RV, boat or really change their fixed monthly expenses. For years we thought our lakefront home was our biggest asset, now it is our biggest liability. No matter how much I dislike someone or a company I could never take glee if they went under, a good many of us are just several paychecks away from that possibility ourselves.
I wish Fountain and Reggie good luck in their efforts to rebound.

Ms PatriYacht
PatriYacht is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:27 AM
  #29
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
seafordguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Seaford, VA
My Boats: Cigarette - Cafe Racer
Posts: 3,683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
ZP"d, you need to learn the facts before posting. RPA was paid per Mark the president.
Not to nit-pick but ZP'd said "tried" - which certainly seems the case. No reason to rehash though, there was an entire thread dedicated to it which ultimately was the reason he paid.
seafordguy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:24 PM
  #30
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Eastern Lake Ontario
My Boats: 1989 Formula F-311-SR1
Posts: 2,896
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaterdave View Post
everyone loses???

do you hang out with NYC's mayor Bloomberg? reggie is a small business owner?? of course there are people laughing about this and "giddy". why ??

first off he's a multi million aire that won't loose a nite's rest while his attorney's are busy screwing all the employees that are scratching their heads and wondering if their going to have a job next week? he's been using investor's and other's money thru accusitions and paper deals to squeeze every possible dime of profit for his businesses with out putting any of his $$$$ at risk. a lesson he learned from wall str and seemed to be a quick student of.

i wonder how many of the businesses that have declared bankruptcy would still be around today if there owners or CEO's had to put up a large share of money for collateral on the loans that were being handed out?

please don't compare reggie to actual small businesses that have been shut down with out declaring bankruptcy by the current economy and because of no fault of there own.
Of course he's a millionaire, so what. He built the company and made money (he had money before FPB). And, he's not "screwing his employees". Employee means just that, employee. Not owner, not business partner, just employee. When a business goes south, so do the employees. If employees don't like that deal, they can have a go at their own business.

As for "using investor's and other's money thru accusitions and paper deals to squeeze every possible dime of profit for his businesses with out putting any of his $$$$ at risk.", well, that's the way it's done man. It's business and it's ruthless. It's capitalism, it's self-preservation, it's how money is made.

It's good to discuss this stuff but, for some reason I can't grasp, a lot of you guys want to throw Reggie and others under the train. You guys remind of punks who kick the tough guy after someone else besides you knocked him down.

I think it's a bad thing for the industry that FPB is in trouble. They make some of the fastest, coolest hardware on water. I'll miss FPB if it goes away for good.
ThirdBird is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.