Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Great first day back on the H2O >

Great first day back on the H2O

Notices

Great first day back on the H2O

Old 09-15-2009, 06:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looked AWESOME looking vids, I can see and hear running the river boost being a lil diff, I see the peanut gallery tried to pee on wheels:cuqui:. some people just don't have class, instead of saying bro congrats and leave it at that. well great to see you runnin COOL. I been doing picks of the last run up here it was fun everyone got a long like it should be cause thats what this site was made for. later dude keep on runnin hot ARTIMUS OUT
Old 09-15-2009, 08:14 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mmareno
Funny.. Same thing my buddy said.. I asked how to do that... he looked and laughed... He said... talk to my 14 year old!!

talk to my 14 year old!!!!!

I hear ya Mario they are a Wiz on the computers and who else can you get to work for Gummy Bears & oreos
Party On

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iR02_7wnuc
Old 09-16-2009, 06:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 40FlatDeck
I just want to point out something......

In your video you are cruising in the 4000-4300 rpm range.

Did anybody catch the boost? This guy did. One motor was at 8 pounds and the other was at 10 pounds of boost.

This is the same rpm range you said you were at when you smoked both motors. As the video shows, your motors are pretty loaded at that rpm range, we can see by your boost levels. 10psi and pump gas can detonate for sure.
NO DETONATION going on BIG Daddy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iR02_7wnuc

Some thoughts about boost or should I say gauges or should I say system.

The boost gauges don’t line up at similar rpm and load…..

The load level per side is questionable- the river turns, prop trim, trim tab, weight, drive centerline axis to boat centerline axis….

The carbs are not seeing the same opening at a given stick position….

The intake track – carb, adapters, intercooler and manifold between the two motors might not be exactly the same…

The blowers are not exactly equal in “output”…

Valve lash is not exactly the same across both motors…

Vacuum/Boost leakage...

The gages are a good reference – but though they might be supplied by Autometer, Livorsi whomever….

The gages are calibrated to what standard?

To meet what accuracy?? 2%... 5%.... 10% in both vacuum and boost?

Guaranteed to meet what standard for how long?

Gages in boats and off road vehicles take a pounding- back to that calibration notion…

Yes- there potentially is an issue between the two gages. But the first place to start would be to swap the gages. The rest becomes more work if the obvious is not present.

The motors ….

Will survive brief excursions to 10lbs of boost on fuel alone at a sub 4000 rpm range. The alky is just a safety net at the low rpm vs. higher boost. (Actually –the initial tuning applied the first day out allowed 7-10lbs at 52-5600rpm on fuel alone and 127mph).

The fuel curve is set to how the boat is driven- which (unfortunately) can not be duplicated easily on a dyno. The fuel curve was extremely lean from 3500 to nearly 5000rpm (original tune) under constant cruise- the 6.5 power valves would not open at those rpm levels and light load. The reduced mains might have also dropped out at those ranges under the light load with the modified air bleeds. Vacuum signals to the carb remained high up to single digit boost values. The carb circuitry had to be set to handle that. The original fuel curve ran a good top end “pull” but (in my opinion) did not meet how the boat actually drives. If the fuel curve had been left exactly where it was and only the timing reduced- I think it would have melted down again. While that statement can be argued- it is at this time a good fact that the boat is still running.

The timing is set at 28 degrees. The variance across the cylinders is an “actual” 2 degrees approximately (actual chamber performance). The high cylinder is set at the 28 value.

We will slightly lean the primary jets and give the PV’s more fuel to clean up low rpm running (50mph). We will leave the secondary circuit as is for the moment.

Put some hotter plugs at some point in the cold holes to even out the chamber event.

Put a bigger set of props on – check fuel curves (Again)– and add some boost.

But we are not going to tell you how we are running 93 octane fuel, sipping Alky at a 9.5 setting- and have plenty of safety factor to build more power…

(For those reading closely the 02’s are in the 11-14 range)and still have all 16 PISTONS still intack &

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 09-16-2009 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Troll Pic download
Old 09-16-2009, 08:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Bill,

Great Job,..........hope you get plenty of hours for the remainder of the season !!

Jon
Old 09-16-2009, 09:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
Looked AWESOME looking vids, I can see and hear running the river boost being a lil diff, I see the PENIS gallery tried to pee on wheels:cuqui:. some people just don't have class, instead of saying bro congrats and leave it at that. well great to see you runnin COOL. I been doing picks of the last run up here it was fun everyone got a long like it should be cause thats what this site was made for. later dude keep on runnin hot ARTIMUS OUT
Thanks ARTIMUS

tried to pee on wheels thats some funny chit right there LMFAO

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 09-16-2009 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Pee on wheels Pic
Old 09-16-2009, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bill, enjoyed the video, looked like an awesome day. Good to see a great day on the water, have been at the tail end of the bad ones and they are not much fun!!!! Boat looked great, was that the stretch of the Illinois around Morris, just curious where you launch!!!!! Hope you have another few runs and maybe a couple on Lake Michigan. If you make it up, hopefully everyone can make it out for a day!!!! Congrats again, Hammer!!!!
Old 09-16-2009, 04:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cougarman
Bill,

Great Job,..........hope you get plenty of hours for the remainder of the season !!

Jon
Thanks Jon
i'm hoping we'll still have some decent weather left to get her dialed in still
L@@ks like Hot Boat/Hardy Dam was Awesome

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 09-16-2009 at 04:13 PM. Reason: spelign
Old 09-16-2009, 09:32 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Hey Bill, Glad to see you got her dialed in. Boat looks great and sounds fantastic. Too bad it did'nt go like this the first time around. Let me know when you're gonna take it on the big pond. We've been doing alot of drag racing this summer, almost 2-3 weekends a month, hav'nt had much time on the water, and the weekends we are'nt racing, the weather is cool or rainy.
Looks like you've got a good handle on the tune-up, just take one step at a time. Give me a shout when ya get an extra minute.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 09-17-2009, 07:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by hammer01
Bill, enjoyed the video, looked like an awesome day. Good to see a great day on the water, have been at the tail end of the bad ones and they are not much fun!!!! Boat looked great, was that the stretch of the Illinois around Morris, just curious where you launch!!!!! Hope you have another few runs and maybe a couple on Lake Michigan. If you make it up, hopefully everyone can make it out for a day!!!! Congrats again, Hammer!!!!
Thanks Hammer, we're in the pool between Morris & Marsailes 22 miles and 0 NO WAKE ZONES ..We put in at the new Seneca state park ramp is'nt as nice as Pastrick Marina but plenty BIG, lots of room ,loaded with WP See ya on the BIG pond we'rerounding up some props & turning up the B@@st for some good base line #s so Jules @ Throttle Up can build us a set
Old 09-18-2009, 08:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 10x
Hey Bill, Glad to see you got her dialed in. Boat looks great and sounds fantastic. Too bad it did'nt go like this the first time around. Let me know when you're gonna take it on the big pond. We've been doing alot of drag racing this summer, almost 2-3 weekends a month, hav'nt had much time on the water, and the weekends we are'nt racing, the weather is cool or rainy.
Looks like you've got a good handle on the tune-up, just take one step at a time. Give me a shout when ya get an extra minute.
Thanks Frank ,Oh the BIG Pond ....we headed down to Pastrick wednesday with John and the friggin lake was 5-8footers so we spent the day at the craps table @ Ameristar & Deja Vu .. I think you need another Chevelle Let me know BIG Daddy we're up at the river and here till tuesday ...
Party On !!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.