How to keep trac of your boat!!!! >

How to keep trac of your boat!!!!

Notices

How to keep trac of your boat!!!!

Old 09-14-2009, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tracking

Can I assume that i can install it myself?

Being an East Coast Company will this work on the West Coast?

Do they have a staff of people that watch what is happening and then call on the cell phone or is this done automatically?

Can the receiver send a signal through the Fiberglass and or Carbon Fiber Hull ie: where it gets mounted will most likely be under the floor or deck or engine bay and will be covered by Fiberglass or Carbon Fiber.

Does it require a connection to a 24 hour 12 Volt Battery Connection and if so how much Wattage does it draw (will the battery last while being drawn down)? Does the device have a low battery or power disconnect warning as well (so you get called on your cell about this too)/

I am intetrested in getting one for my boat.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just talked to my insurance company and they will offer a discount when i get it installed, it will eventually pay for itself
Old 09-14-2009, 04:52 PM
BRAD SCHOENWALD
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bripar77
Can you change the Geo Fencing at any time? If a boat is kept at one place and then is moved to the mechanics place for a month or then stored at a different facility several months of the year?
Yes,

You can reset the fencing at any time. You can also set the range from 500 Yards to 100 miles at varing ranges. With this a construction company can keep all equipment within a job site or parents can set ranges for thier teen drivers, etc.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:58 PM
BRAD SCHOENWALD
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by bripar77
Can I assume that i can install it myself?

You can very simple. Of course all self installs assume liability.

Being an East Coast Company will this work on the West Coast?

YES!

Do they have a staff of people that watch what is happening and then call on the cell phone or is this done automatically?

All automatic. We have a tech call center but not a response center. You can set up to three notifications per event. Meaning your boat can call your cell, send an email, and call your home at the same time.

Can the receiver send a signal through the Fiberglass and or Carbon Fiber Hull ie: where it gets mounted will most likely be under the floor or deck or engine bay and will be covered by Fiberglass or Carbon Fiber.

Fiberglass yes. The external antennas are set and signal verified prior to hard install. Carbon may prove to be a problem. Regular glass no problem.

Does it require a connection to a 24 hour 12 Volt Battery Connection and if so how much Wattage does it draw (will the battery last while being drawn down)? Does the device have a low battery or power disconnect warning as well (so you get called on your cell about this too)/

12 volt constant and switch power. Less than 25 MA at idle. The device will call you when it external power is lost. The internal battery may last up to five days at idle and maybe a full day if it is being hit hard with tracking.

I am intetrested in getting one for my boat.

Call or message we can ship one right out.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:00 PM
BRAD SCHOENWALD
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Wild
Just talked to my insurance company and they will offer a discount when i get it installed, it will eventually pay for itself
Randy,

Matthew has one at his shop. It is a left over from the Shootout. We were slammed and didnt have time for the install on a Skater so we shipped another directly to the customer.

Call me if you have any questions.

Brad
954 560 9080
Old 09-15-2009, 08:47 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
I think that is a great way to go about it Sean. It makes perfect sense and it's win win for everyone. Hopefully competition in the insurance industry will get them all in line on this. There is competition for our business insn't there ?? LOL Sometimes I wonder ?

Bob
Thanks Bob

I truly believe anything we can do to get our premiums reduced will be good for all. This unit will pay for itself as your premiums are reduced or discounted.

Scott Smith from Elton Porter has been very involved with getting his underwriters to offer discounts so anyone may want to touch base with him!!! I will get his contact info online shortly

Actually for all of the mathmaticians on this board it should be very easy to see the value and as I stated it will pay for itself the possibility actually exists for it to pay you over a period of time!!!!

Contact me at anytime for info or to place any orders!!!

Sean
Old 09-15-2009, 11:12 AM
Registered

Default Insurnace Discounts

Sean, I am in contact with several underwriters. I believe they will offer a Discount. Especially in South Florida that has a very bad problem of theft. Call me for more info. 954-614-7076 cell
Elton Porter Florida Office.
Scott
Old 09-15-2009, 01:40 PM
Registered

Definitely well worth the investment! Brad Schoenwald has really worked hard putting this program together and Markel American Insurance has accepted Galtrac as one of their approved monitored tracking devices. I gave one of my customers a quote yesterday and it saved him $186 which was approximately 3% of his annual premium. Additionally, due to the high number of boats being stolen in Florida (especially center consoles), one of Markel's underwriting guidelines for most new Florida policies is that a monitored tracking device is required.

Thanks!
Old 09-16-2009, 09:20 AM
Registered

I think ALL boats in Florida should have one on these units. Call Daivd Barbee for all your High Performance needs.
Scott
Old 09-21-2009, 07:33 AM
BRAD SCHOENWALD
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ssmith76
I think ALL boats in Florida should have one on these units. Call Daivd Barbee for all your High Performance needs.
Scott
Thanks Scott,

One recent install on a Center Console included an entry alarm. If anyone opens the center console door the owners phone will ring adn he can then call the POLICE! Only the cost of the switch and a little more install time. The rest is included.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.