Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Truck transmission rebuild prices ? >

Truck transmission rebuild prices ?

Notices

Truck transmission rebuild prices ?

Old 09-12-2009, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yup most of those particals are small peaces of the clutch material,that is normal within reason(there shouldnt be mounds of it or anything) those usually appear black or dark brown, other materials such as steel, aluminum or bronze usually indicate a issue
Old 09-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whoya
Is it normal to have the real fine particals through out and on the pan magnet, I figured thats why the magnet is in there. Transmission guy is saying that could be the problem. He's not sure what the problem is which kinda worry's me about him.

The transmisssion would not go into third right away(few second delay that got worse), Either it would stay in second for a long time or just slip out of gear(like in neutral) before going into third.
It is next to impossible to perform any kind of diag without having the vehicle to look at, but you might want to have him pull the valve body and check the 2-3 accumulator piston and spring, but the direct drum (third gear) sounds like it broken. There is a weld on the bottom of the drum and i have seen them break a few times. That is normaly a very cheap overhaul and easy. Yes, there is always somekind of debris on the magnet. Good luck, hope this helps
Old 09-12-2009, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 03 SONIC
It is next to impossible to perform any kind of diag without having the vehicle to look at, but you might want to have him pull the valve body and check the 2-3 accumulator piston and spring, but the direct drum (third gear) sounds like it broken. There is a weld on the bottom of the drum and i have seen them break a few times. That is normaly a very cheap overhaul and easy. Yes, there is always somekind of debris on the magnet. Good luck, hope this helps

He already had it apart on the bench and torn down.
He said he never really saw this problem before and was saying it could have been the fine particles through out from the torque converter that caused it. He did say a spring(I forgot which one he said) was broken.