Like Tree0Likes

Nick Carter Racing

Old 09-28-2009, 02:40 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

My Boats: 1966 !8' Switzer Wing "Miss Diablo" 1968 Switzer Wing "Dust'n the Wind 2",, 1960 Powercat 15C , 1977 17' Molinari w/Evinrude CCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
T2x,

I am suprised that there is so much negativity against you. I, Stephen Jones, have always enjoyed, appreciated, and understood EXACTLY where you were coming from in regards to your comments.

Tell it like you see it, don't sugarcoat it, and if offends oh well. You have much more knowledge and experience than many others on this board, which to me is a blessing because when you write something I try to learn from it, when applicable.

Keep posting...

Stephen
Thanks...

Basically, what happens is I get active on OSO and the negativity dies down. When I back away the weaker minds come out to play.

There are a handful of guys who think everything is great and/or no one can be critical of the sport, its personalities or its boat brands, when, in fact, without thoughful criticism, mediocrity always rises unchallenged to the top.

In my little way if I bring a dose of reality as a counter for the "spin" that infects this site repeatedly, then I feel like I have contributed something. As far as the crotchety old man "act"....... people somehow feel that's a bad thing. I would much rather be a crotchety old guy than a naive, overly aggressive, and uninformed young one.

T2x
Old 09-28-2009, 04:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Boatless

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2x View Post
Thanks...

Basically, what happens is I get active on OSO and the negativity dies down. When I back away the weaker minds come out to play.

There are a handful of guys who think everything is great and/or no one can be critical of the sport, its personalities or its boat brands, when, in fact, without thoughful criticism, mediocrity always rises unchallenged to the top.

In my little way if I bring a dose of reality as a counter for the "spin" that infects this site repeatedly, then I feel like I have contributed something. As far as the crotchety old man "act"....... people somehow feel that's a bad thing. I would much rather be a crotchety old guy than a naive, overly aggressive, and uninformed young one.

T2x
Your opinions are similar to my late father's way of thinking (most of the time), and you remind me of him on your posts sometimes. You and my father had those Carlson Challengers in the 1960's with Mercury BP outboards, another coincidence? And my father was always pretty steadfast in his opinion too, but like you, he had been there and done that...

Anyway, keep posting, ....and do you still have that 28' Skater?
Old 09-28-2009, 04:48 PM
Registered

My Boats: 29' Extreme

Quote:
I would much rather be a crotchety old guy than a naive, overly aggressive, and uninformed young one.

T2x
So what you are saying is, you are exactly what you prefer to be...
Old 09-28-2009, 05:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Outerlimits Sl44

Quote:
If you think TD has a lot of knowledge....... I pity you.

Even if you don't....based on your posts....I still pity you.

T2x
Old 09-28-2009, 06:11 PM
Registered

WOW. Tough crowd on this post. Makes me happy that I didn't have enough money to sponsor my dad. Or vise versa. Guess now we have to get financials and background checks to race offshore. Good to know. attn:NO CELEBERTIES ALLOWED IN BOATING. TAKE YOUR MONEY AND SUPPORT TO A DIFFERENT SPORT. To funny.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:28 PM
Registered

My Boats: Offshore Racing, Classic Magnums

There were many "flash in the pans" during the early days of Offshore Racing, Astronaught Gordon Cooper, Boxer Rocky Marciano, and Detroit Red Wings VP, Art Norris all spent time racing for various amounts of time-so is this any different than Nick Carter or Don Johnson?? I do agree with you about Priestly. Some of us do know Offshore Race History, and I'm sure there are more, this was just off the top of my head.

Auto racing has no problem welcoming celebities, David Letterman was highly welcomed when he became a team owner/partner and brought alot of positive publicity-at a time when INDY and CART were stuggling. Why shouldn't Offshore welcome Clelebrities?

PS, don't pitty me, Pitty the obsolete old fart who lives in the past. "The older he gets, the better he was."

Last edited by Fast Shafts; 09-28-2009 at 10:45 PM.