Like Tree0Likes

Purchasing Fountain Powerboats

Reply
Old 09-24-2009, 02:03 PM
  #111
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrash View Post
Oxford is a private equity company. Their investors are not disclosed. For less than the cost of his new house, some secret investor can own the company. If RF happened to be that secret investor, he would be effectively earning well over $15million in a very down year for the boating industry. Seems clever to me. FPB has never made that much after tax before.

I don't know if I am right, but this hypothesis fits all the data I have seen.
Reggie would have a decent tax loss, assuming his cost basis is reasonably high. Other than that, I don;t see how any money directly flows through to him now, unless you're saying the unrealized gain on the perceived value of the assets they'd buy in October are worth that. It's quite possible that RF secured a sweetheart deal to end up owning a high percentage of the reorganized company, which would still owe Oxford for whatever they paid for the note.

What the heck, I'd rather have some percentage in the new company than 51% of a company that's leveraged to their eyebrows and then some. He didn't get where he is today by being stupid, that's pretty obvious.
VtSteve is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:09 PM
  #112
Registered
 
boatme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Spring Lake, Michigan
My Boats: Sold the Cig
Posts: 4,026
Default

I think i heard a great sigh of relief from Reggie all the way over here in Michigan

If i were him I would be relieved that some of the pressure is over

I know alot think he will get back into it, but what a great time to retire and just become a consultant or beach bum
boatme is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 03:07 PM
  #113
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sunland, CA
My Boats: 2000 Fountain 32 Sportfish Cruiser
Posts: 377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtSteve View Post
Reggie would have a decent tax loss, assuming his cost basis is reasonably high. Other than that, I don;t see how any money directly flows through to him now, unless you're saying the unrealized gain on the perceived value of the assets they'd buy in October are worth that. It's quite possible that RF secured a sweetheart deal to end up owning a high percentage of the reorganized company, which would still owe Oxford for whatever they paid for the note.

What the heck, I'd rather have some percentage in the new company than 51% of a company that's leveraged to their eyebrows and then some. He didn't get where he is today by being stupid, that's pretty obvious.
That is exactly what I meant.
carcrash is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 03:08 PM
  #114
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sunland, CA
My Boats: 2000 Fountain 32 Sportfish Cruiser
Posts: 377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatme View Post
I think i heard a great sigh of relief from Reggie all the way over here in Michigan

If i were him I would be relieved that some of the pressure is over

I know alot think he will get back into it, but what a great time to retire and just become a consultant or beach bum
You may easily be right. I'm guessing he can't imagine walking away, you are guessing he's done this long enough, time to move on. In the end, I think Reggie will be in great shape no matter how it all goes down.
carcrash is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:14 PM
  #115
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: atlantic beach,nc
My Boats: whatever floats
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatme View Post
I think i heard a great sigh of relief from Reggie all the way over here in Michigan

If i were him I would be relieved that some of the pressure is over

I know alot think he will get back into it, but what a great time to retire and just become a consultant or beach bum
i got a friend in washington. she heard reggie was going to open a new facility in town. have you seen his house? imagine the payment on that monster.
nauti1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:06 PM
  #116
Registered
 
boatme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Spring Lake, Michigan
My Boats: Sold the Cig
Posts: 4,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nauti1 View Post
i got a friend in washington. she heard reggie was going to open a new facility in town. have you seen his house? imagine the payment on that monster.
Nope never seen it anyone have a picture
boatme is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 09:56 AM
  #117
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
BrettM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: LOTO/Performance Boat Center
My Boats: Cigarette,Sunsation, Skater, Wright Performance
Posts: 732
Default

I have a pic of his house but cannot post pics anymore. It is a very nice home!
BrettM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:38 AM
  #118
Registered
 
boatme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Spring Lake, Michigan
My Boats: Sold the Cig
Posts: 4,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebraskabaja View Post
I have a pic of his house but cannot post pics anymore. It is a very nice home!
If you have a mailing adress we can probably pull it up on google earth and get a birds eye view
boatme is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:59 AM
  #119
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member
 
tblrklakemo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: SW Missouri
My Boats: In the Slow Lane
Posts: 2,914
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatme View Post
If you have a mailing adress we can probably pull it up on google earth and get a birds eye view
From whitepagesdotcom.
Attached Thumbnails
Purchasing Fountain Powerboats-reggie.jpg  
tblrklakemo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:02 AM
  #120
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
BrettM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: LOTO/Performance Boat Center
My Boats: Cigarette,Sunsation, Skater, Wright Performance
Posts: 732
Default

His home is located a mile or so away from the factory on the river.
BrettM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.