Like Tree0Likes

Purchasing Fountain Powerboats

Old 10-15-2009, 06:32 PM
Registered

My Boats: '06 35 Lightning Merc HP 525's aka The Black Biotch

Quote:
Originally Posted by LapseofReason View Post
Not to get to far away from Fountain but how is Formula doing ? They have to be hurting a too.

My understanding is that they laid of most all of the employees last March and stopped producing boats. Since then have worked thru factory stock and inventory that was cancled after produced or taken back.

I would think that it would go without saying that they have had some lean times as well. One Formula daler told me late summer that he had been buying factory held boats at some 20% off invoice, he had some nice success selling this past summer, got the same info from another dealer earlier in the summer.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:03 PM
Registered

My Boats: '06 35 Lightning Merc HP 525's aka The Black Biotch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullhead View Post
.....Reading Fountainemp's post kind of brings things home...Reggie has fed a lot of families for a long time....its worth thinking about the next time one of his advertisements rubs you wrong

Exactly!

If you are offended by the Home Depot flyer, go to Lowes. Feel that Ronald McDonald is a twitt, go across the street to Burger King. This could go on for page after page. Point is there are choices in life, just make one based on your preferences. But don't wish away the jobs of the McDonalds folks or the Home Depot crew just because it's not your choice.

I would not consider myself a Formula buyer, my choice! But I feel that it was unfortunate that so many have been laid off there as well. Nor am I sitting here hoping that the entire Porter family ends up in a soup kitchen in rags. But I do own a bisuness and have taken jobs over the years at very low or no profit to myself just to provide the work for my subcontractors. Too many of those deals would put me under as well, I've just been lucky enough to come back into better times and move on. I get a kick out of some of those on here that are so quick to judge decisions made by a business owner when they have no clue what is involved in walking in those shoes.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 10-15-2009 at 07:05 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:30 PM
Registered

My Boats: Fountain 38 EC 2008

Well Reggie won.

Now! down to business.

I have been calling Fountain since Monday and all I get is a busy signal.

I wonder if they forgot to pay the phone bill
Lol.

Well! now if you need a part or a sevice or redo from Fountain what is the deal?

Can someone (I know you people at the factory are watching oso) tell us poor old consumers if you are going to go back to taking our money or just build boats to order or wait till next summer or just make $30,000 payments.

I just bought a relativily new good ole Fountain and I want to spend some of my hard earned money on it.

Is there anyone at the factory that is willing to speak up or has Reggie got you sworn to silence.

Last edited by gnorthga; 10-15-2009 at 08:33 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-15-2009, 08:51 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1979 19' manatee, 1960 27' chris craft constellation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnorthga View Post
Well Reggie won.

Now! down to business.

I have been calling Fountain since Monday and all I get is a busy signal.

I wonder if they forgot to pay the phone bill
Lol.

Well! now if you need a part or a sevice or redo from Fountain what is the deal?

Can someone (I know you people at the factory are watching oso) tell us poor old consumers if you are going to go back to taking our money or just build boats to order or wait till next summer or just make $30,000 payments.

I just bought a relativily new good ole Fountain and I want to spend some of my hard earned money on it.

Is there anyone at the factory that is willing to speak up or has Reggie got you sworn to silence.

the phone system is having problems. i know they were working on it yesterday.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:53 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1979 19' manatee, 1960 27' chris craft constellation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullhead View Post
You could make the argument that during the economic boom that Fountain wisely used resources to enter other markets such as the cruiser and fish boat markets so that they would have greater diversity when facing the inevitable downswing hopefully creating an environment of sustainability.....there appears to me to be a certain amount of glee by some who obviously are getting some kind of enjoyment out of Fountain's struggles.....I get the impression it has nothing to do about the boats or business decisons but everything to do about a disdain for either Reggie himself or his marketing tactics.....Reading Fountainemp's post kind of brings things home...Reggie has fed a lot of families for a long time....its worth thinking about the next time one of his advertisements rubs you wrong
thanx bullhead. i haven't heard you on the river lately.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:55 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2010 35 outlaw

call again, I did today and everything was working just fine.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:09 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by fountainemp View Post
the phone system is having problems. i know they were working on it yesterday.
Email address [email protected]
Old 10-16-2009, 08:46 AM
Mark G
Platinum Member

My Boats: 2013 38' MTI

What else could you possibly want to do to that BEAUTIFUL boat? I mean this pic says it all! You look super happy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnorthga View Post
Email address [email protected]
Attached Thumbnails
Purchasing Fountain Powerboats-gerald%2520brown%2520003.jpg  
Old 10-16-2009, 09:49 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattviper View Post
What else could you possibly want to do to that BEAUTIFUL boat? I mean this pic says it all! You look super happy!!!
1.)How about a/c & heat for those hot days on the poker runs to Key west.

2.) I really need to come up with a worthy name
Old 10-16-2009, 04:20 PM
Registered

My Boats: Fountain 32'

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA View Post
Now that you mention it, I now believe "fountainracing65" is Reggie Fountain. Reggie is around 69 yrs old right? "fountainracing65" signed up on OSO in 2005, he would have been 65.

Welcome to the board Reggie!
I was thinking the same thing. Good luck Reggie & I like the beak the way it is.