Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Just got back from snowmobiling with Donzimitch and Rambunctious!!! >

Just got back from snowmobiling with Donzimitch and Rambunctious!!!

Notices

Just got back from snowmobiling with Donzimitch and Rambunctious!!!

Old 04-08-2002, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After driving to Chicago, then back to holland, (6 hrs on the road) pickup waterfoul and driving 6 more hours to Mitches cabin, got a speeding ticket 1/2 hour from the cottage, finally trashed my hyfax on the mud road we had to traverse, sheared a suspension bolt almost driving the coilover shock tower into the track.... and carbides are toast...........but...........

WHAT A RIOT, THANKS MITCH, where else could someone have that much fun!! 191 miles of it in one day of riding, and getting a sun tan taking a break in a field for 20 minutes

cabin is great, love the 2 stall heated sled garage with drains and washdown.

can't wait for the pictures Mike, to see the in car camera (ie. in sled) proof of me joining the 100mph club
that was cold throttling with my left hand, with no gloves and taking a pic with my right hand at 102mph at 8200rpm. sure hope it turns out!!

and the proof that Mitch sledded and boated in the same day, in the same hour!!

mike , how's the body feeling. did you get all the ice out of your teeth from my roost
Old 04-08-2002, 10:50 AM
Registered

Sounds like you guys had a blast! Sledding is the only way I was ever able to make it into the 100mph club
Old 04-08-2002, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Thanks Mike and Rob. You and any one else is welcome anytime. What a weekend to end it. Sun all day, trails just groomed on Fri. and no one was there. That watercross was a riot. Really cleaned out the tunnel. A few bare spots we could have avoided but otherwise the trails were awsome. I raced a disgused 880 Genisis powered AC and beat him with my 1000 ACat. Next year we have to plan an OSO get together on me!! Now it is time for the boat. So sad to say goodbye to the sled. Ended up with 1800 miles this year. Not the best but good enough. We need to get MIke some more CC's He rode great and was plenty fast. A real natural.
Old 04-08-2002, 06:08 PM
Registered

I'm glad to hear that you guys had a great time with no mishaps (except for Rambuctious's sled) .
Mike , snowmobiling is an addiction ! If it wasn't for women in bikini's I would definitly prefer snowmobiling over boating.
Were else can you keep the adrenalin rush going for the entire day ! You can't do that boating unless your racing ( that's only for an hour) and I'm just a mere mortal and can't afford that.

I really wanted to go but I'm kind of glad I stayed , I got quite a bit done on the boat .
Next year we DEFINITLY have to have an OSO get together either at my cabin or Mitch's.
Old 04-08-2002, 06:37 PM
Registered

I would think they should still have snow they only got about 270". I have lived up here my whole life never owned a sled I will get one sooner or later but there are too many crazy sleeders that come up from WI and chicago. We had 15deaths this year related to sleds. On a postive note they just had the Local hill climb for sleds, and a friend of ours took 2nd. In one race She beat her brother&fiance. She was very close to winning just feel a little short, I guess she is going to race on Espn next year.
Old 04-08-2002, 06:48 PM
Registered

Yeh, 26scarab. We will do at either place so plan on it now. Just mark off Dec, Jan, Feb, & March
Old 04-08-2002, 06:57 PM
Registered

Mitch ,
Yeah , just pray for snow those months ! otherwise we can start riding in March and April., like this year.
Old 04-09-2002, 07:33 AM
Registered

Mitch, don't thank me....Thank You!!

Here's Waterfoul with his offshore only hat on (left, in the darkman glasses)

Last edited by Rambunctious; 07-16-2007 at 09:12 AM.
Old 04-09-2002, 07:40 AM
Registered

across the dunes in the background is Lake Superior

Last edited by Rambunctious; 07-16-2007 at 09:12 AM.
Old 04-09-2002, 08:10 AM
Registered

Thanks Playn.. gonna take you up on that next winter.....am sure I'll hurt myself.... but that wouldn't be a first ..

Quick Reply: Just got back from snowmobiling with Donzimitch and Rambunctious!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.