Notices

Cigarette Mystique (rate)

Old 04-07-2002, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Cigarette Mystique (rate)

How long has this model been out?Looking around classifieds most are 2001 or newer.Are their any negatives about this model,I know its a Cig.and faults and Cigs. are non existent.
Old 04-07-2002, 09:56 PM
KN
Registered

All I know is the new models are stepped hulls, sorry I can't shed some more light on this for you.

Kirk
Old 04-07-2002, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

..I went on a Poker Run aboard a 30 last year...beautiful boat, but I agree with Mike..the cockpit is cramped..really couldn't stand behind the bolster while running...

Check the NJPPC site/classifieds..the one I was on is listed..brand-new condition..
Old 04-08-2002, 01:30 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

It is my understanding that the original Mystique hull does not handle nearly as well as the new stepped bottomed version. I do not know that first hand, but I have heard it from a few different people. I must say that the Mystique is a fantastic looking boat, but for the price I would consider a Top Gun. A little more money for a lot more boat. This is just my personal, heavily biased opinion. I just traded in a 2000 Top Gun TS to Lip-Ship in Miami for a new race boat, but I loved that 38!!! This is a picture of it below.

www.lipship.com
Attached Thumbnails Cigarette Mystique (rate)-1.jpg  
Old 04-08-2002, 01:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Attached Thumbnails Cigarette Mystique (rate)-2.jpg  
Old 04-08-2002, 11:17 AM
Registered

I looked at a non-stepped Mystique at a boat show a couple years ago. Except for the dash, they looked remarkably similiar to the Bullet's they've been making for years. It's got more of a Topgun style dash/windscreen area. Sharp looking, and it's a good size boat for the type of boating that I do, but it was real pricey. I figured I'd be much better off with a used Bullet.
Old 04-08-2002, 11:33 AM
Registered

Can anybody compare the Mystique with the playboy 35? Given the same power (assuming 500's) what is the handling and performance diff?
Old 04-08-2002, 03:46 PM
Registered

Anyone...opinions?
Old 04-08-2002, 04:57 PM
Registered

I heard the first few Mystiques had a problem with porpusing.(sp?) I own a Playboy and I can tell you that the Playboy is great in rough water. What is the price of the Mystique?
Old 04-08-2002, 08:52 PM
Registered

With twin 500`s they wanted 235K,YEAH I thought thats a little pricey for 30 ft of boat. no way that boat can be worth that kinda money!The 500`s are Merc. power not Teague or Chief.The one thing I cant understand is the same power in all these $$$$$ boats are the same power u can find in a Baja,Bayliner,or any other Boat mfg.These engines are not like comparing a BMW to a Mercedes,so why the hugh$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for fiberglass and vinyl.Dont get me wrong I LOVE THE HELL OUTA OF THEM,but I dont see this kinda money to mfg.them.Oh,I know R&D,but the molds never change other then to tweek the existing one.Today we have computers that can do almost what the water will do given the parameters it`s given. I know splashing will always be needed.Have u ever seen the individuals that are assembling these boats.Can u say INS.Ok, I vented,but I still would buy one in a heart beat!!!!!!!!!!!FEVER MIKE that was me in a 22ZX at the poker run.OPBA will have a Poker Run in St. Pete on April 20 let me know if your intrested,75.00 a boat and were staying at the Sarasota Hyatt.Room cost 129.00 OPBA special,they blocked 40 rooms..

Quick Reply: Cigarette Mystique (rate)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.