Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by baja27
I would like to hear your opinions between these two boats
42 Outerlimits with 900'S and 6's
38 Powerplay with 675 KE and Imco drives
both are the same year.
Also the 900's have solid roller cams which is beat.

Style of boating is cruising around with the family and some poker runs.Do a lot of raft ups/ swimming. Looking for most comfort, handling, and ride in the rough, speed is last on the list. Of course it's cool to go 100mph once in a while.
BAJA 27 ... WHAT DID YOU END UP GETTING..
Old 03-02-2010, 09:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

smarty,

I don't know if this response is ****ty enough for you, but I'll give it a try. The response that I wrote and you commented about was directed to the constant negetive posts regarding one person, and not the general public. That person has an agenda and feels the need to post negatively even when the topic he is refering to isn't reletive. In particular the question of resale values was brought to the table, it is the opinion of one member here that OL is the only boat company to suffer from a difficult used boat market. Every manufacturer has been subject to the same market conditions, and we are all dealing with it in a different manner.

I would object and say that OL has an advantage due to the small number of used boats on the market versus some of the other brands out there. I would also say that by introducing a completely new product line OL has taken steps to ensure that the new boats are not competeing with the used boats, and in turn is helping both new boat sales and the value of used boats by reducing the number of units on the street.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:07 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Trying to help a friend sell his 51' if anyone knows anyone looking..... If anyone needs info feel free to contact me and if calling please say I referred you. http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o32836-en.html
Old 03-02-2010, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Jeff As of now nothing yet, I just might kept my PP for one more year until business gets stronger.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:32 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 247 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by animalhouse
smarty,

I don't know if this response is ****ty enough for you, but I'll give it a try. The response that I wrote and you commented about was directed to the constant negetive posts regarding one person, and not the general public. That person has an agenda and feels the need to post negatively even when the topic he is refering to isn't reletive. In particular the question of resale values was brought to the table, it is the opinion of one member here that OL is the only boat company to suffer from a difficult used boat market. Every manufacturer has been subject to the same market conditions, and we are all dealing with it in a different manner.

I would object and say that OL has an advantage due to the small number of used boats on the market versus some of the other brands out there. I would also say that by introducing a completely new product line OL has taken steps to ensure that the new boats are not competeing with the used boats, and in turn is helping both new boat sales and the value of used boats by reducing the number of units on the street.
I agree in part, and I understand your position. I disagree with respect to helping the value of the OL used boats. Since a new design is sold with the new boats every used boat is dated and not up to date in comparison to a new OL. This certainly helps new boat sales, and does make a once unafforadble dream boat (a used OL I am referring to here) for some, now affordable. From my perspective it is great marketing, unless I have a two or three year old OL and newly designed boat of same or similar size has just enetered the market from your company.

Last edited by Smarty; 03-02-2010 at 12:57 PM. Reason: grammar