Like Tree0Likes

Nice afternoon boating in S. Fla

Reply
Old 10-15-2009, 09:58 PM
  #1
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member
Thread Starter
 
Cash Bar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: On the way to a PR near you
My Boats: 2009 Skater 3212- Mad Props-- 27' Conceot CC t/275VRods
Posts: 11,962
Default Nice afternoon boating in S. Fla

My friend took delivery of a 2001 SeaRay26 today. It's his first boat so I offered to run it from Laud to West Palm with him.

It was a perferct day for a boat ride.

Even saw a few boats I recognized, and at least one I didn't.

1) Nice 36' Apache?

2) The old OSO TopGun, now for sale here in classifieds.

3) A 36' Skater(?) with Arnesons?
Attached Thumbnails
Nice afternoon boating in S. Fla-010.jpg   Nice afternoon boating in S. Fla-012.jpg   Nice afternoon boating in S. Fla-014.jpg  

__________________
Your OSO connection to great S. Florida Real Estate.
www.gregsellswaterfront.com
Cash Bar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:13 PM
  #2
Registered
 
OL40SVX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bristol, RI
My Boats: Outerlimits
Posts: 7,223
Default

Cash, I believe that is a 32B Skater with Arneson's.
OL40SVX is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:20 PM
  #3
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member
Thread Starter
 
Cash Bar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: On the way to a PR near you
My Boats: 2009 Skater 3212- Mad Props-- 27' Conceot CC t/275VRods
Posts: 11,962
Default

Could be. Looked cool on the lift but I've never seen it before.
__________________
Your OSO connection to great S. Florida Real Estate.
www.gregsellswaterfront.com
Cash Bar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:39 PM
  #4
Charter Mod
Charter Member
 
BLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: E Dock
My Boats: Cigarette - "90MPH" Edition
Posts: 6,551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fountain40icbm View Post
Cash, I believe that is a 32B Skater with Arneson's.
Do you know what power it has? I kind of thought it looked more like a 32, but that angle is making it tough for me. I bet it's tail is long as hell with those Arnesons!
BLee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:51 PM
  #5
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 9,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLee View Post
Do you know what power it has? I kind of thought it looked more like a 32, but that angle is making it tough for me. I bet it's tail is long as hell with those Arnesons!
That Skater is diagonally across the ICW from the OSO Cigarette. Power is 496's and the owner swears he has to shut it down at 120 mph but it has yet to outrun the OSO TG/525 boat that does 88+ on a good day. Boat has nice paint but I can't tell if it is a 32 or 36.


Cash that Skater is about 4 houses south of the canal where Earnhardt Sr. had a house. His boats are still behind the house, Sunday Money is a 80 +/- motoryacht and The Intimidator is a 45-50 Sportfish. You were in North Palm Beach/ Palm Beach Gardens and real close to Jupiter!
Jupiter Sunsation is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 11:07 AM
  #6
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member
Thread Starter
 
Cash Bar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: On the way to a PR near you
My Boats: 2009 Skater 3212- Mad Props-- 27' Conceot CC t/275VRods
Posts: 11,962
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation View Post
You were in North Palm Beach/ Palm Beach Gardens and real close to Jupiter!
Yep, put the boat in the canal at Shore Dr. A Friend bought both houses on the S. side of the canal.

I like that area but it certainly would make showing my Broward listings a bit tough.
__________________
Your OSO connection to great S. Florida Real Estate.
www.gregsellswaterfront.com
Cash Bar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:29 PM
  #7
Charter Mod
Charter Member
 
BLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: E Dock
My Boats: Cigarette - "90MPH" Edition
Posts: 6,551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation View Post
That Skater is diagonally across the ICW from the OSO Cigarette. Power is 496's and the owner swears he has to shut it down at 120 mph

I don't know enough about how much Arneson's improve the performance on either a 36 or 32 to know if that's accurate or not? I'm pretty sure Motley Crew runs somewhere in the 130's according to what they've said "publically", so it may be faster, and it wins A LOT. It's a 368 with 525's & 6's, so a 32 with less power assuming he hasn't done the 496 upgrades, with Arneson's may very well be capable of speeds in the 120's?

It sounds like a fun boat whatever it is!
BLee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:35 PM
  #8
The Illustrious One
Charter Member
 
sean stinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Internationally Famous
My Boats: Back on the dock!!!!!!!
Posts: 3,272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLee View Post
I don't know enough about how much Arneson's improve the performance on either a 36 or 32 to know if that's accurate or not? I'm pretty sure Motley Crew runs somewhere in the 130's according to what they've said "publically", so it may be faster, and it wins A LOT. It's a 368 with 525's & 6's, so a 32 with less power assuming he hasn't done the 496 upgrades, with Arneson's may very well be capable of speeds in the 120's?

It sounds like a fun boat whatever it is!
It kinda looks like the old Honker Cut Marine Skater but I can't tell and don't really know where it went after Rod got it!!!
__________________
Dying,....Is the day worth living for!!!!!!
sean stinson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:42 PM
  #9
Charter Mod
Charter Member
 
BLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: E Dock
My Boats: Cigarette - "90MPH" Edition
Posts: 6,551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean stinson View Post
It kinda looks like the old Honker Cut Marine Skater but I can't tell and don't really know where it went after Rod got it!!!
I'll be in Ft Lauderdale for the boat show! Let's get some dranks and discuss it!
BLee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 08:05 PM
  #10
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member
Thread Starter
 
Cash Bar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: On the way to a PR near you
My Boats: 2009 Skater 3212- Mad Props-- 27' Conceot CC t/275VRods
Posts: 11,962
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLee View Post
I'll be in Ft Lauderdale for the boat show! Let's get some dranks and discuss it!
Yep, lets watch the show from your balcony. Seems cheaper that way.


Last time it was a Ferrari, this time it could be a Feadship.
__________________
Your OSO connection to great S. Florida Real Estate.
www.gregsellswaterfront.com
Cash Bar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.