Like Tree0Likes

Word is !!!

Old 10-20-2009, 11:42 AM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

My Boats: Boating,Motorcycling,Snowmobiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisistank View Post
Who kicked anyone when they were in financial troubles or got any joy out of said potential problems? Jeeez, the guy just asked a question to see if the rumors he heard were true. No one has been able to confirm anything that I've seen...(At least not in public...). But in general, I'd say this thread has actually helped FB's. No one seems to be able to point out any problems except that the owner of the marina is an apparent douche bag....So carry on.
Tank, I believe Chuck is alluding to the fact that many, no names mentioned here, "feed" on others misfortune. In our society, it has become a feeding frenzy when entities that have garnered fame or fortune, fail. It is in reality very sad that this has become such a mainstay in many peoples way of life. Gossip!!!

I agree this thread does not have that "tone", just someone wanting information. And true, there are times when information is warranted due to ones financial interest or holdings.

The sad fact is there are many businesses struggling now due to the economic downturn, and it seems many adhere to the old saying "misery loves company". Also sad some people can not stand others accomplishments.

Anyway, that is my interpretation of Chucks post, FWIW.

Good day
Sam
Old 10-20-2009, 12:14 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

My Boats: Former Boat Btch, now I just dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesmanship View Post
Seems rumors carry more weight around here than the facts.
No. You cant get the facts unless you ask for them and somebody gives them to you. Problem is that you also get a lot of opinion mixed in with it. That happens when you have a bunch of people conversing.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:52 PM
Registered

My Boats: roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesmanship View Post
Seems rumors carry more weight around here than the facts.
All it takes is "I heard" and you're off and running.
BTW, do a search on "I heard".
agree, way too much BS.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: None, but paid for one! Beware of Frisini / Sonic / Arrow Powerboats

The best way to find something out is to ask a person a direct question, not other people. In case this needs clarification, I mean ask the person who you have a question about.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
The best way to find something out is to ask a person a direct question, not other people. In case this needs clarification, I mean ask the person who you have a question about.

Exactly..Ya'll... call Randy up and ask the question. No one will, cause thats how it's not done in this or any society. It's easier to speak about somebody or bring up facts of somebody else when Ya'll with the comments of speculation (BS) should be doing is ... worring about yourselves, and how can I do better, as a person. It's a Frickin soap opera around here..
Old 10-20-2009, 02:44 PM
Registered

My Boats: 39' Cig Top Fish, '04 Gladiator, MTI sold, Pioneer, Cig's sold:(

Quote:
In a perfect world maybe.....but not many people have the integrety to give you a straight answer. Let alone think it's anyones business but their own.

You think Reggie would have told you the week before filing bankrupcy??
Old 10-20-2009, 02:50 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2012 39' Nor-Tech CC

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassman View Post
Exactly..Ya'll... call Randy up and ask the question. No one will, cause thats how it's not done in this or any society. It's easier to speak about somebody or bring up facts of somebody else when Ya'll with the comments of speculation (BS) should be doing is ... worring about yourselves, and how can I do better, as a person. It's a Frickin soap opera around here..
EXACTLY........
Old 10-20-2009, 03:54 PM
GRH
Registered

My Boats: Velocity 290SC

Quote:
and then just believe whatever you're told..... that'll work every time....
Old 10-20-2009, 04:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORT View Post
and then just believe whatever you're told..... that'll work every time....
Well let me ask you a question. If the point of these threads is to prevent getting burned on a deal and for no other reason,then wouldn't it make much more sense to simply pay for the boat when you receive a free and clear title. If I'm personally going bankrupt and I have my boat for sale with a free and clear title, then my financial status is irrelevent to the deal. You can't tell me your dumb enough to pay for a boat without having done your homework on the status of the title right????

Why would you be so inclined to believe what someone may have heard vs. checking out the situation first hand?? Again I'm not even talking about this thread in particular. Buy with your game in place and the persons or persons business financial status is irrelevent. If you disagree I have some great deals on automobiles with the paperwork to follow at a later date. Let me know if your interested. " I've heard" and "others have heard" that they are great buys!!!!!!

Last edited by Chuck; 10-20-2009 at 04:27 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassman View Post
Easiest way to make more money is to quit worrying about what your peers are making and concentrate on improving your own business.