Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Wellcraft Excalibur 40 Hawk (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/21898-wellcraft-excalibur-40-hawk.html)

boomer 04-10-2002 02:41 PM

http://www.seaboardmarina.com/40_excalibur/ :) :)

fred 04-10-2002 07:45 PM

Thanks for the offer Scott...I'm going to take a day off probably next week and go down by Dayton to pick up the trailer and bring it home to set up for the Hawk, then the following week go to Toledo to get the boat...thats the plan at this time anyway....Whitey, I will trailer for the first part of the summer then see if I can store it in a building at the marina during the week....Boomer that is the same basic boat only the winsheild frame on the Wellcraft Hawk has an aluninum frame around it ...thanks for the photos, I'm going to see what they are asking for that one just out of couriosity....Fred

dyno 04-10-2002 09:11 PM

So whats the story Fred did you buy it? Did the 30 go away?If so did you talk to GreatLakes about storing it on the trailer yet?I'm looking to do the same.....either in Muskegon or WhiteLake...
Don

Super V 04-10-2002 10:00 PM

Fred Mike is no longer at Great Lakes.Post a picture of the new ride.Dyno how is youre painter doing?

boot 04-11-2002 12:19 AM

I think the 40'Hawk is a great boat . It is heavy but not that slow ! I was loking at one hear in NJ .It had 420's in it . I was out one day running about 67-68mph ,when I turned around to look that 40' excaliber hawk was right on my ass !!:eek: I couldn't beleive it ! That thing went pretty good ! I had him down to $20k and still talking when someone else came along and got it !:mad: It was a good boat ,just needed alot of pollish . Good luck with it ! Post some pictures .

fred 04-11-2002 07:00 AM

Tha Scarab is to be paid off by the end of next week, the Hawk is getting a survey done on it this week then I pick its trailer up hopefully next week bring it home and adjust to fit hull, sign the papers for boat which are pretty well ready, go to Ohio put boat on trailer and start cleaning and waxing....stripe down side isn't the color I would prefer so that will be changed.....I haven't figure out how I want it yet, after I get it home and have a few beers it will come to me....it may be mid to later in June before I'm ready, I have a daughter thats graduating this year and the wife has an endless list of to-do's before life gets back to normal...SuperV I heard from Crazyhorse about Mike at Great Lakes, Dyno I don't know if I will be towing alot or leaving it at Great Lakes at this time as I will probably be wanting it at home during the week to work on it....haven't got any real good pictures of it at this time, I did shoot some to Crazyhorse but they were the ones the owner took of it, I did video it last fall on the water when I first went to look at it, I will have some pictures worth posting within the next couple of weeks I hope,....Fred

Sean 04-11-2002 07:59 AM

Hey Fred, sounds like a great boat.

The guy who builds motors at Falcon Hi-Performance has a Hawk 40 with Speedy IIIs. He just pulled out a pair of 540s to be replaced by a set of 632s(I think)! He loves the boat and has had it since new. He's a great guy, so when I see him this weekend, I'll pick his brain a bit for ya.

Sean

fred 04-11-2002 09:12 AM

Thanks Sean,...any info on the boat would be appreciated....do you think you could ask him to get the fridge model number and brand from his boat?....the one I'm getting had a problem with the fridge and the owner took it out and got rid of it...I will need to replace it and I would like to get the same or a replacement for the same type fridge.....Thanks, Fred

jddickinson 04-11-2002 12:35 PM

40 HAWK

FRED,I HAVE A HAWK 40 .THEY ARE A HEAVY BOAT BUT BUILT LIKE A TANK.I RUN ON THE LAKE OF THE OZARKS 100+HOURS A YEAR AND I BELIEVE IT CAME OUT OF THE WATER TWICE(ONCE FOR FUN)THERE VERY DEEP INSIDE THE COCKPIT WITH MY WIFE LOVES.REDID MINE IN 99 IT'S GOT A CIGARETTE PAINT JOB AND ALL NEW APACHE STYLE SEATING ,THE HUGE FRONT SEATS AND ALL.THE DASH IS THE PLEXIGLASS COVER PAINTED AND NEW GUAGES SHIFTERS AND SWITCHES .AT THE DOCK MOST PEOPLE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT BRAND IT IS AND THAT IS NICE ,GOOD TO BE DIFFERENT.MY HAS BETWEEN 6000HP AND 650HP AND WILL RUN ALMOST 70MPH .NOT FAST ON SMOOTH WATER BUT IN THIS LAKE IN THE AFTERNOON THATS NOT TO BAD.SO GOOD LUCK AND GO FOR IT.....

delsol 04-11-2002 07:24 PM

Does anyone know how close the hawk is to the 400 scarab?? by looking at teh pics of that 83' the hull looks the same, but deck is flat and windshield is square. My 86' has got the round windshield and the cuddy door is to the far left. Would Wellcraft have 2 different molds 1 for the hawk the other for the 400---although the 400 is actually a 38' with the swim platform bolted on the hull and molded into the deck--just thinking out loud here.

Boot-- you're making me wonder ---$20M --just howmuch polish did it need?? That's pretty cheap for a 40' boat that runs!:eek: