Key Westers will need to keep an eye on Hurricane Ida

Notices

Key Westers will need to keep an eye on Hurricane Ida

Old 11-07-2009, 06:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to add info Bob .....StormPulse

Can`t wait to be in Kw

Last edited by 25 hors la loi; 11-07-2009 at 09:33 AM.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:17 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 25 hors la loi
Just to add info Bob .....SormPulse

Can`t wait to be in Kw
Thanks, Christian. That is a great looking site. Nice addition to the info we are pulling together. With the turn that it is showing we could be tracking this storm well into next week. Hopefully it will just fade away.
See you in Key West.
Bob
Old 11-07-2009, 10:44 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Default NOAA Marine Weather forecast at Saturday evening

Tonights forecast now includes next Thursday.
This forecast is for the Atlantic waters from Key Largo to Key West.
Travel inside the reef and on the Florida Bay side should not be a problem I expect. As I mentioned before there is no need to travel outside the reef in the big water.

Synopsis...STRONG BREEZES WILL PERSIST INTO EARLY NEXT WEEK AS A LARGE AREA OF HIGH PRESSURE NEAR THE CAROLINA COASTLINE BUILDS SOUTHEASTWARD. THESE STRONG BREEZES...ALONG WITH OCCASIONAL TO FREQUENT GALE FORCE WIND GUSTS...WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR HAZARDOUS BOATING CONDITIONS TONIGHT INTO EARLY NEXT WEEK. WINDS WILL BEGIN TO DECREASE AND SEAS WILL BEGIN TO SUBSIDE BY TUESDAY AFTERNOON.

Overnight...Northeast to east winds 25 to 30 knots...with occasional gusts near 35 knots. Seas beyond the reef 8 to 11 feet...except higher in the gulf stream. Seas inside the reef 3 to 5 feet. Nearshore waters extremely rough. Scattered showers.

Sunday...East winds 25 to 30 knots...with occasional gusts near 35 knots. Seas beyond the reef 8 to 11 feet...except higher in the gulf stream. Seas inside the reef 3 to 5 feet. Nearshore waters extremely rough. Scattered showers in the morning. Numerous showers in the afternoon.

Sunday Night...East winds 25 to 30 knots...with occasional gusts near 35 knots. Seas beyond the reef 8 to 11 feet...except higher in the gulf stream. Seas inside the reef 3 to 5 feet. Nearshore waters extremely rough. Numerous showers.

Monday...East to southeast winds 25 to 30 knots...with occasional gusts near 35 knots. Seas beyond the reef 8 to 11 feet. Seas inside the reef 3 to 5 feet. Nearshore waters extremely rough. Numerous showers.

Monday Night...East to southeast winds 20 to 25 knots. Seas beyond the reef 7 to 10 feet. Seas inside the reef 2 to 4 feet. Nearshore waters very rough. Scattered showers.

Tuesday...Southeast winds near 20 knots...decreasing to near 15 knots in the afternoon. Seas beyond the reef 6 to 9 feet...subsiding to 4 to 6 feet in the afternoon. Seas inside the reef 2 to 3 feet. Nearshore waters rough...becoming a moderate chop in the afternoon. Scattered showers.

Wednesday...South winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas beyond the reef 3 to 5 feet. Seas inside the reef 1 to 2 feet. Nearshore waters a light to moderate chop. Scattered showers.

Thursday...Northeast winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas beyond the reef 4 to 6 feet...except higher in the gulf stream. Seas inside the reef 2 to 3 feet. Nearshore waters choppy. Scattered showers.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:57 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Default Forecast for Florida Bay Side of Keys

For those traveling from Miami south to Key West much of your route is on the Florida Bay side which is well protected. Travel should not be a problem for most boats I would expect This forecast is for Florida Bay:

Overnight...Northeast to east winds 20 to 25 knots and gusty. Bay waters very rough. Scattered showers.

Sunday...East winds near 25 knots and gusty. Bay waters extremely rough. Scattered showers in the morning. Numerous showers in the afternoon.

Sunday Night...East winds 25 to 30 knots...with occasional gusts near 35 knots. Bay waters extremely rough. Numerous showers.

Monday...East to southeast winds 25 to 30 knots...with occasional gusts near 35 knots. Bay waters extremely rough. Numerous showers.

Monday Night...East to southeast winds 20 to 25 knots. Bay waters very rough. Scattered showers.

Tuesday...Southeast winds near 20 knots...decreasing to near 15 knots in the afternoon. Bay waters rough...becoming a moderate chop in the afternoon. Scattered showers.

Wednesday...South winds 10 to 15 knots. Bay waters a light to moderate chop. Scattered showers.

Thursday...Northeast winds 15 to 20 knots. Bay waters choppy. Scattered showers.

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 11-07-2009 at 11:00 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:17 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Bob the weatherman!

You should get a hobby like boating or something, this watching the weather stuff all the time must get boring!!!

Thanks for the information.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:41 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by GLH
Bob the weatherman!

You should get a hobby like boating or something, this watching the weather stuff all the time must get boring!!!

Thanks for the information.
He, he. People only love the weatherman when the sun is shining, GL. That is one of the dangers in taking on this job. Just want to do what I can to help keep everyone safe. Looks like everthing is going to work out fine.

I'm stuck here in Canada until Tuesday then I can get back to my Florida boating. Stay safe and see you in Key West on Thursday. I'm in the Galleon and I think you are as well.

Bob
Old 11-08-2009, 01:39 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Default Final Key West Weather posting - looking good !

Since the effects of Hurricane Ida on Key West will be diminishing as the week goes on I see no need for posting additional weather info unless there is a substantial change in the forecast. Conditions look good and I will see you all in Key West. I get to travel on the Gulf where conditions are not as great as this routing thru the Keys. Anyone wanting any additional or specific info is welcome to contact me if they cannot find it in the links referenced in this thread. Thanks for the many PM's and notes from those that have an interest and followed along. See you in Key West on Thursday!
Bob

NOAA National Weather Service Marine Weather forecast for Biscayne Bay to The Keys:

Tuesday...Southeast winds 15 to 20 knots becoming 10 to 15 knots. Bay waters choppy in exposed areas. Isolated showers.

Tuesday Night...Southeast winds around 10 knots. Bay waters a light chop. Slight chance of showers.

Wednesday...Southeast winds around 10 knots. Bay waters a light chop. Chance of showers and slight chance of thunderstorms.

Wednesday Night...Southeast winds around 10 knots. Bay waters a light chop. Chance of showers and slight chance of thunderstorms.

Thursday...East winds around 10 knots becoming around 15 knots. Bay waters a moderate chop. Chance of showers and slight chance of thunderstorms.

NOAA forecast for Florida Bay which includes The Keys:

Tuesday...Southeast winds decreasing to near 15 knots. Bay waters becoming a moderate chop. Scattered showers.

Wednesday...South to southwest winds 10 to 15 knots. Bay waters a light to moderate chop. Scattered showers.

Thursday...North to northeast winds 15 to 20 knots. Bay waters choppy. Scattered showers.

NOAA forecast for the Hawk Channel ( inside the reef ) Marathon to Key West ( note that I have deleted reference to seas outside the reef and in the Gulf Stream as that info is not relevant – no need to go out there.)

Tuesday...Southeast winds decreasing to near 15 knots. Seas inside the reef 2 to 3 feet. Nearshore waters becoming a moderate chop. Scattered showers.

Wednesday...South to southwest winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas inside the reef 1 to 2 feet. Nearshore waters a light to moderate chop. Scattered showers.

Thursday...North to northeast winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas inside the reef 2 to 3 feet. Nearshore waters choppy. Scattered showers.

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 11-08-2009 at 06:40 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Bob. See ya down there.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It all looks good except for those scattered showers. Rain hurts
Old 11-08-2009, 04:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
It all looks good except for those scattered showers. Rain hurts
Don't worry about the scattered showers, RG. Like we say in FL ......wait 10 minutes and the sun will be back out.