Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Free day out in a 28' Pantera! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/219852-free-day-out-28-pantera.html)

Austin 11-10-2009 02:10 PM

Free day out in a 28' Pantera!

Anyone want a day boating the clear water and perfect beaches of the Bahamas in a 28' Pantera?? Book a stay at one of our two locations in Abaco Bahamas and receive a free day, guided by my wife and I, out in our 28' Pantera! Visit www.wildislandresorts.com and schedule your island vacation.

JO - PANTERABOATS 11-10-2009 03:07 PM

My Wife and I went over last Summer and had a great time with Austin and his Wife. Great boating area and the beaches are incredible.:drink:

I look forward to going again next Summer.

Regards,

Jo - Pantera Boats

bigboat28 11-10-2009 03:07 PM

Must be nice to have a Pantera and live there, hopefully we are that lucky someday. Hows your boat doing?

Austin 11-10-2009 03:14 PM

Thanks Jo... we look forward to seeing you next year- of course you'll get a day in the boat!!

Boat is running great.

rchevelle71 11-10-2009 07:22 PM

Looks Nice, We may be over in December, we were thinking of doing a cruise, but may just change our minds.

JimMan 11-10-2009 07:56 PM

Sounds fantastic, what a great offer!

Austin 11-11-2009 07:05 AM

rchevelle71,

My wife and I will be away from Dec. 1st-Jan. 3rd for the holidays. Our places will be open, but, we take the Pantera back to Florida with us. I was thinking about sturring up business for 2010, however, should have mentioned the above blackout dates . It would be great to have fellow OSO'er anytime this Nov. or starting again in 2010.

Austin

Stormrider 11-11-2009 02:01 PM

Sounds like a nice resort... kid freindly? Or maybe a nice getaway for me and the mrs.
Didn't see a rates page.

Austin 11-11-2009 07:50 PM

Storm,
On the main page of the www.wildislandresorts.com site you will see a sign post ( the signs are links to the other pages) , click the "locations" sign to go to the page that tell a little about each place www.sealevelcottages.com and www.lubberslanding.com . Details and rates are found on each locations independent site. Let me know if you have any questions. Yes, one location Lubbers' Landing is adults only and our Sea Level Cottages is family friendly.

rchevelle71 11-11-2009 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Austin (Post 2989116)
rchevelle71,

My wife and I will be away from Dec. 1st-Jan. 3rd for the holidays. Our places will be open, but, we take the Pantera back to Florida with us. I was thinking about sturring up business for 2010, however, should have mentioned the above blackout dates . It would be great to have fellow OSO'er anytime this Nov. or starting again in 2010.

Austin

Where in FL will you be? We usually do a Lunch run on New Years day if ya wanna join in. Maybe we will get over to your place in 2010, we need to do it in December this year to use up Vacation time, I have 13 days left to burn, and the wife is a schoolteacher so she is off for 2 weeks at Christmas.

Austin 11-14-2009 12:33 PM

rchevelle71,

We'll be in Micco, but will be heading back around the 1st or 2nd. Don't do much boating while we're there in December- just use it to get to the USA ( I don't like flying).

If you come this way I would recommend April - August ... boating at it's best.

AIR TIME 11-14-2009 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Austin (Post 2990172)
rchevelle71,

We'll be in Micco, but will be heading back around the 1st or 2nd. Don't do much boating while we're there in December- just use it to get to the USA ( I don't like flying).

If you come this way I would recommend April - August ... boating at it's best.

austin so you take the 28 over to the main land usa? if so that means we could take our 28saber over a 46 skater right,how many miles and can you get 91 or 93oc for the 28 the skater uses kero for the turbines:evilb: or would flying over and renting a boat be better? art

Wideopen30 11-14-2009 03:46 PM

The place looks beautiful, I'm going to try and get 2 more couple together to rent the big house and come over for my girls 30 Birthday in April.

Austin 11-15-2009 09:11 AM

Air time- A 28' is a perfect size in my opinion for this area. Crossing is no big deal on the right day. On the wrong day there is no "good" size or boat! But once your here a 28' is as much boat as you'll ever need, and at that size, you can easily dock and use the boat as your car. I think we get 91 oc but I'm not sure- whatever it is it runs my 6.2's fine- they are fully stock.

Wideopen30,

Come on down... we can hit www.petespub.com in the Pantera on her b day.

vindicator101 11-15-2009 07:43 PM

Looks like a great getaway. Sure wish it was posted 2 weeks ago. :(Was looking to go somewhere mid Jan. decided on Jamaica. My loss. Now I know for next time.

Wideopen30 11-15-2009 08:47 PM

Thanks I get the other couples on board and give you a call in a few weeks.

89Mach1 11-15-2009 11:29 PM

So what cottage comes with the Pantera for the week?!?! HAHA! Seriously though, from what I've read I assume all of the sea level cottages come with a boat for the week except for the "Green House" or does a boat have to be rented for whatever house we stay at?

Austin 11-16-2009 07:41 AM

89Mach1,

A boat needs to be rented seperately for the cottages at Sea Level Cottages ( www.sealevelcottages.com/boats.html ), our Lubbers' Landing cottages have a package option that includes a 20' Albury Brothers boat- great boats.

Air Time, it's 255 mile for me "dock to dock" Lubbers' to Micco Fl... 6 hours.

89Mach1 11-16-2009 08:57 AM

Austin- You might want to make that a little more clear in your descriptions then, because I was under the impression that they did come with a 22' or 23' center console. Not trying to be an azz or anything, just pointing something out that could cause you some problems in the future.

http://www.sealevelcottages.com/cott...ercottage.html

http://www.sealevelcottages.com/cott...phinhouse.html

http://www.sealevelcottages.com/cottages/bighouse.html

Wildman_grafix 11-16-2009 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by 89Mach1 (Post 2991042)
Austin- You might want to make that a little more clear in your descriptions then, because I was under the impression that they did come with a 22' or 23' center console. Not trying to be an azz or anything, just pointing something out that could cause you some problems in the future.

http://www.sealevelcottages.com/cott...ercottage.html

http://www.sealevelcottages.com/cott...phinhouse.html

http://www.sealevelcottages.com/cottages/bighouse.html

These clearly state the boat is part of the price. It would be a bit confusing.

Rates: $1900.00 per week for a max of four people. ( two adults and up to two small children) Prices include the 22' boat.

2-bedroom cottage with Boat:

1-2 People - $2600.00/week
Each Additional Person - $300/week

5-bedroom cottage with Boat (23' center console with 150 HP Johnson, VHF Radio, T-Top & Swim Platform).

1-6 People - $3400.00/week
Each Additional Person - $300/week

Austin,
Which ones do you mean that have to rent the boat separately? This sounds like a pretty cool get away.

Austin 11-16-2009 01:33 PM

Sorry guys... don't know how you got to the old pages on the server, but I'll remove them now. Just deleted the old files... site is now current. The Green House page was still pointing to the old pages. Site is now how it shoould be...

Austin 12-05-2009 07:44 AM

Thanks for all of the hits on the site... there's alot of people on OSO! No reservations yet on this deal, but, pleasae keep it in mind ( and mention it if contacting us) when you start planning your spring/summer 2010 vacations!

Eddito 12-05-2009 04:26 PM

rchevelle my name is Eddy and i live here in hollywoos florida i have a 30 ft cobra cat and would love to join in december run and i would love to go on aride to the bahamas, i never done it and i wuold like to do it in a group just for piece of mind. Have you ever done it??

Austin 12-05-2009 04:35 PM

Taking your boats over would be a great trip. If you have a single engine, a group is a good idea, saftey first. I do it all the time... small GPS and a chart for backup. If you all do it let me know if you have any questions concerning gas stops routes.

Austin

flat rate 12-06-2009 08:52 PM

what is the distance between the two resorts and how many people does lubbers hold

Austin 12-07-2009 07:30 AM

Flat rate,

The two places are about a mile apart and are on the same island. LL holds only six guests total- very private as it is on 13 acers of gated property. SLC can accommodate up to 20.

good2go38 12-09-2009 08:06 PM

Getting There

Austin, it was great talking to you last night. What airport would you recommend we fly into for the connecting flight to Marsh Harbor?
Dean

Kelly O 12-10-2009 06:10 AM

Lets hear about the weather; temp averages for Jan., Feb., and March.
Sounds like a great escape !

Austin 12-10-2009 07:38 AM

Dean,

Miami is the biggest hub, Ft. Lauderdale is a little less hectic, and West Palm Beach is "sleepy" compared to the other two, but , the one I would recommend if possible with connections and so forth. www.bahamasair.com flys out of PBI ( West Palm Beach). www.sealevelcottages.com/vacationplanning.html or www.lubberslanding.com/gettinghere.html for a list of airlines. These are not nessasarily comprehensive lists as new smaller airlines to the Bahamas are alway popping up- Google "flights to Marsh Harbour Abaco" for a current picture. The airport code for Marsh Harbour is MHH.

Kelly O,
Temps in the winter average mid 70's at night mid 80's and sunny during the day.

89Mach1 12-10-2009 03:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Austin (Post 3003719)

Kelly O,
Temps in the winter average mid 70's at night mid 80's and sunny during the day.

Sounds better than this past summer here! I'd take those temps any and every day!!

Kelly- those tabs look familiar? Thanks a lot, they were a great addition to the boat! The only problem I found was the gauge doesn't work, but no big deal, I usually go by feel anyways.

good2go38 12-11-2009 02:36 PM

Getting There

Thanks, I will check all 3 airports.

Originally Posted by Austin (Post 3003719)
Dean,

Miami is the biggest hub, Ft. Lauderdale is a little less hectic, and West Palm Beach is "sleepy" compared to the other two, but , the one I would recommend if possible with connections and so forth. www.bahamasair.com flys out of PBI ( West Palm Beach). www.sealevelcottages.com/vacationplanning.html or www.lubberslanding.com/gettinghere.html for a list of airlines. These are not nessasarily comprehensive lists as new smaller airlines to the Bahamas are alway popping up- Google "flights to Marsh Harbour Abaco" for a current picture. The airport code for Marsh Harbour is MHH.

Kelly O,

Austin 12-17-2009 05:50 AM

Tom,

First, thank you for letting them know about us. We do have one cottage left the last week in Feb. at Lubbers' Landing ( www.lubberslanding.com ) and the Big House or the Dolphin House @ Sea Level Cottages ( www.sealevelcottages.com ). Let me know what would work best for them. Yes, the Pantera will be there in Feburary.

Austin

P.S. had to post here as your inbox was full.

Austin 12-17-2009 06:05 AM

Dean,

Yellow Air Taxi $79 each way Ft.Lauderdale to Marsh Harbour... http://www.flyyellowairtaxi.com . That's a great rate!

Austin

Tim G. 12-17-2009 07:24 AM

Austin-
Good to see my old boat is still on the water....:drink: It is certainly a great boat.
I'll be sure to send some people your way. The place looks great too.

Tim@Cig

rchevelle71 12-17-2009 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Tim G. (Post 3007241)
Austin-
Good to see my old boat is still on the water....:drink: It is certainly a great boat.
I'll be sure to send some people your way. The place looks great too.

Tim@Cig

:eek::eek:Didnt realize that was your old boat Tim, we should take a flight over and get a ride in her, like the old days:drink:

Kelly O 02-15-2010 02:35 PM

Austin and his wife have a great place to visit and get away from it all, very relaxing.

Just returned from a week stay. Nice to get up, enjoy the sun and beach, go boating and enjoy every variation of rum drink imaginable !
The privacy of this destination might be almost un-matched making it an awesome escape.

Yes, the Pantera is a capable rough water boat suited for ocean fun, and it is great way to discover the different islands.

Thanks to Austin and Amy, we look forward to our next visit.

MahopacMarine 02-15-2010 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Kelly O (Post 3047044)
Austin and his wife have a great place to visit and get away from it all, very relaxing.

Just returned from a week stay. Nice to get up, enjoy the sun and beach, go boating and enjoy every variation of rum drink imaginable !
The privacy of this destination might be almost un-matched making it an awesome escape.

Yes, the Pantera is a capable rough water boat suited for ocean fun, and it is great way to discover the different islands.

Thanks to Austin and Amy, we look forward to our next visit.

It was great to see you at the show Kelly. After speaking with you this is on my list of things to do this year. Thanks for giving us a personal take on it!

Austin 02-16-2010 09:01 AM

Kelly,

It was great to meet you and Julie... Amy & I had a great time! Hope to see you again... it was nice to have another power boater on the island to talk to.
Austin

Austin 02-16-2010 09:03 AM

Tim G,

If you have any good pictures of the boat when you owned it I would love to see them. E-mail ... [email protected]

Austin 05-13-2010 12:00 PM

Deal still stands... come on down! Summers here...