Like Tree0Likes

aquamania roll over

Reply
Old 11-18-2009, 04:58 PM
  #11
No Comment
VIP Member
 
packinair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: This post copyright, Packinair Inc. All rights reserved.
Posts: 1,637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtbone1993 View Post
I wonder what JBS thinks of this?? hhhhmmmm
Come on now....
__________________
packinair is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:04 PM
  #12
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Northern NY
My Boats: '06 35 Lightning Merc HP 525's aka The Black Biotch
Posts: 4,968
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtbone1993 View Post
I wonder what JBS thinks of this?? hhhhmmmm


Second on the packinair comment! Would be interesting to get some real info on just what happened here.
RaggedEdge is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:59 PM
  #13
Registered
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (3)
 
tomtbone1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: LAKE CONROE, TX
My Boats: 42 FOUNTAIN / MALIBU
Posts: 15,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaggedEdge View Post
Second on the packinair comment! Would be interesting to get some real info on just what happened here.
only because a fellow Fountain brother is asking......
tomtbone1993 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:09 PM
  #14
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member
 
SHARKEY-IMAGES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Sharkey-Images.com
Posts: 19,672
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV View Post
Thank God Gieco was there with their safety team. Were there anyother safety teams on the water for testing?
I saw one Center Console come out during my Photo Shoot with a Model just south of Sunset Key. They came to warn us just after one or two Cat OB's buzzed us with a Fly- By.
__________________
www.TimSharkey.com/

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
SHARKEY-IMAGES is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 06:52 PM
  #15
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Northern NY
My Boats: '06 35 Lightning Merc HP 525's aka The Black Biotch
Posts: 4,968
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtbone1993 View Post
only because a fellow Fountain brother is asking......



Well actually because I am interested in knowing what happened here. I spent some time one afternoon this past summer on the St. Lawrence River watching these guys practice turns, actually had turn bouys set up and the whole deal including divers etc. Then spent a couple hours with Rick about a month ago BS'n about the boat and what they were doing with it. Turbine boats are kinda wierd in that, from what he told me, they don't slow down real quick in comparison to piston powered boats, making going into the turns a little different.

The picture shows them "wrong side up" , having been there myself, there are a lot of ways to get there, just wonder what happened in this case.


Course we all know if it had been a Fountain it would have landed right side up and kept on going.
RaggedEdge is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:00 PM
  #16
A to Z
Platinum Member
 
Sean H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: KC/LOTO
Posts: 9,156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV View Post
Thank God Gieco was there with their safety team. Were there anyother safety teams on the water for testing?
there was a helo with divers.
Sean H is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:13 PM
  #17
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member
 
SHARKEY-IMAGES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Sharkey-Images.com
Posts: 19,672
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean H View Post
there was a helo with divers.
Thanks Sean.

I wouldn't think any of the Turbines would test without them...

I was out earlier when a few outboard cats came out.
__________________
www.TimSharkey.com/

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
SHARKEY-IMAGES is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:35 PM
  #18
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
sunchaser796's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fort Lauderdale
My Boats: Know Better ,cause I work on them...
Posts: 249
Default

Like they say ; you have to be there to beleive it and yes they walked away thanks to John Costner for designing a boat with safety in mind. I was just talking to Johns wife when she got the phone call and a big thanks for Gino and Larry for being there watching it and and being ready to jump in and help out. KUDOS to the both of them. And thats what racing is all about..
sunchaser796 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:44 PM
  #19
Registered
 
AIR TIME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: EASTON MA.
My Boats: BAJA OL 650HP/ SABER 28 Gellner unlimited with konrad ace
Posts: 6,281
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaggedEdge View Post
Well actually because I am interested in knowing what happened here. I spent some time one afternoon this past summer on the St. Lawrence River watching these guys practice turns, actually had turn bouys set up and the whole deal including divers etc. Then spent a couple hours with Rick about a month ago BS'n about the boat and what they were doing with it. Turbine boats are kinda wierd in that, from what he told me, they don't slow down real quick in comparison to piston powered boats, making going into the turns a little different.

The picture shows them "wrong side up" , having been there myself, there are a lot of ways to get there, just wonder what happened in this case.


Course we all know if it had been a Fountain it would have landed right side up and kept on going.
Its funny you said you heard when they pull the throttles back they keep going, I have seen that and Gerry brought that up today if he built another boat for racing one with a lid and turbines going in to turns would be interesting so yes I would say it takes a little to get use to . art
AIR TIME is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.