Notices

aquamania roll over

Old 11-18-2009, 03:58 PM
No Comment
VIP Member

Location: This post copyright, Packinair Inc. All rights reserved.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
I wonder what JBS thinks of this?? hhhhmmmm
Come on now....
Old 11-18-2009, 06:04 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

I wonder what JBS thinks of this?? hhhhmmmm

Second on the packinair comment! Would be interesting to get some real info on just what happened here.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Second on the packinair comment! Would be interesting to get some real info on just what happened here.
only because a fellow Fountain brother is asking......
Old 11-18-2009, 08:09 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV
Thank God Gieco was there with their safety team. Were there anyother safety teams on the water for testing?
I saw one Center Console come out during my Photo Shoot with a Model just south of Sunset Key. They came to warn us just after one or two Cat OB's buzzed us with a Fly- By.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 11-19-2009, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

only because a fellow Fountain brother is asking......

Well actually because I am interested in knowing what happened here. I spent some time one afternoon this past summer on the St. Lawrence River watching these guys practice turns, actually had turn bouys set up and the whole deal including divers etc. Then spent a couple hours with Rick about a month ago BS'n about the boat and what they were doing with it. Turbine boats are kinda wierd in that, from what he told me, they don't slow down real quick in comparison to piston powered boats, making going into the turns a little different.

The picture shows them "wrong side up" , having been there myself, there are a lot of ways to get there, just wonder what happened in this case.

Course we all know if it had been a Fountain it would have landed right side up and kept on going.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:00 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV
Thank God Gieco was there with their safety team. Were there anyother safety teams on the water for testing?
there was a helo with divers.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:13 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean H
there was a helo with divers.
Thanks Sean.

I wouldn't think any of the Turbines would test without them...

I was out earlier when a few outboard cats came out.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 11-19-2009, 10:35 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Like they say ; you have to be there to beleive it and yes they walked away thanks to John Costner for designing a boat with safety in mind. I was just talking to Johns wife when she got the phone call and a big thanks for Gino and Larry for being there watching it and and being ready to jump in and help out. KUDOS to the both of them. And thats what racing is all about..
Old 11-19-2009, 10:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Well actually because I am interested in knowing what happened here. I spent some time one afternoon this past summer on the St. Lawrence River watching these guys practice turns, actually had turn bouys set up and the whole deal including divers etc. Then spent a couple hours with Rick about a month ago BS'n about the boat and what they were doing with it. Turbine boats are kinda wierd in that, from what he told me, they don't slow down real quick in comparison to piston powered boats, making going into the turns a little different.

The picture shows them "wrong side up" , having been there myself, there are a lot of ways to get there, just wonder what happened in this case.

Course we all know if it had been a Fountain it would have landed right side up and kept on going.
Its funny you said you heard when they pull the throttles back they keep going, I have seen that and Gerry brought that up today if he built another boat for racing one with a lid and turbines going in to turns would be interesting so yes I would say it takes a little to get use to . art