Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Bought a 2000 ford crew with Powerstroke, need info... >

Bought a 2000 ford crew with Powerstroke, need info...

Notices

Bought a 2000 ford crew with Powerstroke, need info...

Old 04-11-2002, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boot,

No, I am just plain Ken. I believe KenP is still on this board though.
Old 04-11-2002, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Advantage_Rob, if you need a brochure let me know or go to their web site : www.westerndiesel.com .

tpmarine.com, I'm in NJ. WD is a great company with real good people . Have you signed up yet ? Talk to Mark ,he is the finance guy there . As for info ,parts , etc. Chris and Steve are top notch guys . They live for this stuff ! They do it them selves too . They are not just salesmen . If you have any quesions just ask .

Tr0uble, thats a great statment ! THat sums it up nice ! Your right too . I am glad to see people have good experiences with super ships. That is one I was interested in doing buisness with a while back and some one talked me out of it . Maybe I should have tried anyway . Maybe I still will ! It is nice to have a veriety for your customer .Some times they are so determinded to get the one name brand that they know and don't want to hear anything else . As you said WD also has a well laid out program for transmission shifts ,torque converter lock ups , and ditch that speed limiter !! Lets face it ,some of our boats may never break 100mph unless it is being towed behind the truck !!

Ken ,Sorry pal , I didn't think it was you ,or you were him or whatever ........ I just know that some peoples names have changed on here due to the new board and I haven't herd much from KenP . Later ,JOE

--------------------------------
[email protected]
Old 04-11-2002, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is the web page for superchips. http://www.superchips.com/
Almost everyone has positive things to say about the superchip once they've tried it.

Here is some forums for ford info. http://www.f150world.com

http://www.f150online.com/
Old 04-12-2002, 09:39 AM
Registered

Just curious about the f150 site . Is there some info there on diesel chips ????????? I can't find it
Old 04-12-2002, 10:44 AM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

I just received my SCMT yesterday ($310 delivered) and installed the 60HP program. All I can say is WOW! My PSD Excursion outweighs the V10 F350 dually I had by over 1000 lbs, and the SCMT really made it come alive. The shifting is far improved, and the acceleration is far better than stock. Install was less than 10 minutes, and is compatible with the PATS (anti-theft) system with the Excursion. This is my first diesel; I haven't tried any other chips but purchased this on the recommendations and info on the ford-diesel.com website. I just have to keep my foot out of this thing until I get some instrumentation. I returned to stock programming in the same amount of time just to see how it worked, drove the truck, and immediately put the 60 HP program back in!

Boot- NEED GAUGES!! What do you recommend and what do they cost? know anything about the new BD 'X' Monitor? I have been on WD's website and their gauges look nice.
Jim
Old 04-12-2002, 12:50 PM
Registered

Jafo ,congrats on your new setup ! What is SCMT ? I haven't herd that one yet . Those Excursions are bad ass trucks !

I don't know anything about the BD set up . I met one of the guys from there at the truck show in Loisville Kentukey a few years back . I was going to get involvd with them then but the guy flat out lyied to me about the products . Not knocking the stuff or the company ,just turned me off right there ! I don't even know if he was just a dealer or factory rep .

As for gauges ,the WD gauges look even better in person then they do on the site ! They are beautiful ! great quaility too . If you tow anything you want to know what your exhaust temps are doing . Do you have a factory trans temp gauge ? You should key an eye on that too . The WD chips for the most part don't make real high temps .I don't know what your will do . If you do tow you may want to open up the exhaust some . Lots of options there .

I have Trans temp gauges for $60 ,exhaust for $180, and boost for $50. Boost is cool to watch ! The window post mounts are $70 and must be painted to match interior . If you want a package I will through in something to drop the price . DO you have a high flow air filter ? Or WD's ram air system .........

Just example if you want the gauge kit I just showed with mount I will through in the boost gauge free. Got to run now !

Later ,JOE [email protected]
Attached Thumbnails Bought a 2000 ford crew with Powerstroke, need info...-3g-interior-shot-resized.jpg  
Old 04-12-2002, 02:55 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

boot -
The SCMT is the SuperChips Micro Tuner- (similar to the PPIII)- reprograms all parameters of the engine computer, quite well too.
Has 60 and 80hp programs, although the 80 is not recommended for towing.

Thanks for the response on the gauges- do tho A-Pillar mounts restrict your vision much- that's my only concern. I know I need them, as well as a more open exhaust and air intake. I do not plan on getting any more radical with this vehicle than that. The Excursion is a great all-purpose vehicle- we were able to get reid of the pickup and old Suburban for one that can do it all!
We will be towing our 28' AT with the 'X'; just want to do it right!

There are other issues I'm finding out that have to do with typical Detroit cost-cutting on this vehicle, but they can be easily fixed with a little cash- mostly in the suspension.
Learning as I go!
Old 04-13-2002, 09:21 AM
jb
Registered

Oh I like that guage set up...is it needed?
Old 04-15-2002, 12:38 AM
Registered

Jafo , To be honest ,I didn't think I would like this gauge set up at first . In my hand it looked big and bulky . I just finished putting one in tonight for a customer and drove it for a while . It is real nice !! The guy didn't even want to paint it to match interior .left it black and it looked real good like that ! While the truck was here I had 2 other people that were not sure about it ,that saw it tonight and said they loved it and want it ! It doesn't restrict your veiw at all because the way it sits at an angle .This one I did today is for a guy that owns a major constuction company . It was on a 2001 crew cab ford with a utility body .Says after he blows away his guys for a couple weeks ,he wants to have all their work trucks done !!

jb, The gauges are not a must but are a good insurance for any vehicle with a chip that pulls weight . You need to watch exhaust temps and trans temps on long hard pulls . The boost is just cool to watch wrap around when you floor it !