Notices

6.5 round speakers

Old 04-11-2002, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

ok Jon, but were do i check them out at i tried a search on the web and the didnt come up! so do you have any information on them? what about the poly-planars that FWK is making mention of? i want a good sound but im not sure that i can tell the diffence between good and bad.
Old 04-11-2002, 11:47 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Later sorry I had the link copied but forgot to put it in there. http://www.alumapro.com/ Hope that helps

Jon
Old 04-13-2002, 09:06 AM
FWK

Sorry, I have not been able to reply I was finishing a house and building a system in a car at night so no sleep for 3 days, so much for not working hard anymore! Later, the polyplanars are a marine speaker and they are white. I don't know if Jon ever got set up with Alumapro. I tried but the rep has never gotten back to me. I have left several messages. Jon are you running into the same problem. I gave up. He is not to smart I have 3 big systems going in boats it would have been a nice order. I can get them through a dealer freind and he will give me a great deal on them Or get them through Audiiofn if he was able to get set up with them. I checked with Alumapro and they do not have a designated marine speaker and they speakers are not supplied in white. Later if you want to hear them you can go to The Speaker and Stereo store in Manchester Rd in Kirkwood to listen to them. I still have not heard them.

Last edited by FWK; 04-13-2002 at 09:08 AM.

Old 04-13-2002, 10:10 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Forrest I have recieved a call back from the rep but he is out of town on a trip. As soon as he gets back we are getting together. Well needless to say now I am on mine SO when I get back in town we will hook up. If you want to get a opening order together that would kick ass and I can just sideways out the stuff to you. They do in fact make a Marine Sub that is free air and the other stuff although it is not called marine is good for marine you just have to give it the white paint job if you do not like black. I will call you soon.

Jon
Old 04-15-2002, 08:03 AM
FWK

I am going to give this guy one more call I have to do complet a boat in 2 weeks it is here now so I have to get this going. Let me know when he is coming to see you and we can work something out. Forrest

Old 04-15-2002, 11:34 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

I will get things rolling when I get home after the 30th.

Jon
Old 04-15-2002, 11:53 AM
ssherman

I have a pair of mb quartz round speakers for sale if anyone is interested FWK can tell you more he is re-doing my tunes.

Old 04-15-2002, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

FWK do you handle the polyplanar speaker. what speakers are you putting into the boats that you work on. do you know of a place i could here the polyplanars? i will get down to the speaker store sometime this week to listen to the alumipros, although i would probable perfer a marine speaker. perhaps if your down at the lake in the near future i could get your proffessional opinion on what i need to do with my stereo system. \
thank you for the time you take.

later (dave)
Old 04-15-2002, 07:28 PM
FWK

Later the Alumapros only come in component sets. I have the 5.25 polyplanars in stock. That won't do you much good but you can listen to them. Also I am installing 2 pair of 6.5s a pair of 5.25 and a pair of the 10" subs all polyplanars in my brother inlaws 400 express. I am just waiting for the Polyplanar headunit changer and remotes to show up before I do the install. Thanks Forrest