Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   sneak peak/ fastest 42 tiger engine (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/221865-sneak-peak-fastest-42-tiger-engine.html)

SHAWN DAVIS 04-16-2010 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by TxHawk (Post 3088827)
Whats up with the Oil PSI? Falling like that, whats it going to have after 5 miles? Not bashing, genuinely asking.

How much boost on 93?

We found a collapsing element in the oil filter
note : stay away from fram filters

endeavor1 04-16-2010 02:54 PM

Whats up with the Oil PSI? Falling like that, whats it going to have after 5 miles? Not bashing, genuinely asking.

How much boost on 93?

:stupid:

dykstra 04-16-2010 03:46 PM

note : stay away from fram filters.

I have heard that about Fram filters.:angry-smiley-038:

dykstra 04-16-2010 03:55 PM

Way cool numbers, very impressive. Best of luck and be safe.

Thunderstruck 04-16-2010 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by GATORONE (Post 3088705)
I didn't say anything about tuning, But at the end of the day there are only a few engine builders set up to dyno in full marine dress. If you would like I can give you a list. Most people on here speak of hp in a boat as a fully dressed wet motor

So you go to all that trouble and you still don't know exactly how much hp is getting to the water through the drive and the prop. Marine exhausts can change the tune so I agree with using the exhausts but parasitic losses are what they are.

SHAWN DAVIS 04-16-2010 05:30 PM

His boat has big tube 2.5" headers, we dyno with 2.25" it may pick up a few hp there going to the boat headers . The dyno exhaust runs to a muffler, and none on the boat so who knows. Alternator and water pump may be a few hp. Transmission probably 30-40.
All in all making 1440's now, and I think there is another 40-50 left in it with a cam, carb work, and possibly a couple more lbs of boost.
Still have to try the methanol also see what that does, my car makes 2800 hp with it the boat should like a sip also.

Voodoo 04-16-2010 06:10 PM

oil pressure

i have just a shorty fram filter on that will fit between the oil pan for dyno purposes, no oil cooling system or big filter like on the marine setup, between filter colapsing and making pulls rite on top each other resulted in decrease in oil pressure, done same each other time we dyno, no problems when marine dressed or in boat...

How much boost on 93?

Voodoo 04-16-2010 06:14 PM

dyno

also like to add we will be pulling these motors to 7000 rpm, hp steady climbing at 6700, small glitch we are trying to resolve before pulling higher, hopefully with camshaft, these engines may hit my cig but will be in market for a cat to place them in this year, hopefully will be able to hang with some of the fast boats!

Coolerman 04-16-2010 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by SHAWN DAVIS (Post 3088835)
note : stay away from fram filters

stock frams suck. Several years ago, we had several collapse on the dyno. We now run a stock wix.

thumper038 04-17-2010 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by saxman (Post 3089013)
stock frams suck. Several years ago, we had several collapse on the dyno. We now run a stock wix.

Ditto we dont use them either:eek:
Frams are for coffee:lolhit: