Like Tree0Likes

37 stileto Outerlimits ??'s

Reply
Old 12-28-2009, 08:35 AM
  #1
Registered
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Kingsville----lake erie
My Boats: 97 41' Saber --Ancestral Spirit
Posts: 1,328
Default 37 stileto Outerlimits ??'s

Looking at the 37 single steps and was hoping for some solid feedback.

Were there any issues with the earlier boats (95,96,97) that came to light?
I see them in all configurations -- side by side, staggered, triples, along with either bravos, 5, or 6's.
Are there any pros or cons to either of these set ups, I realize that staggered and sixes is probably the best, but I don't see any for sale right now.
There is a side by side w 6's and a triple bravo boat though in the classifieds, is there anything that I should now about either boat before I go to look at them??

Thanks, Dave
delsol is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:17 PM
  #2
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member
 
Griff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Omaha
My Boats: .......32............. ...............Active Thunder....
Posts: 15,752
Default

Pretty sure the trip 525SC Bravo boat is the only 37 with trips ever made. Trips in a 37 seem like overkill to me, not to mention a huge loss of cockpit space.
Griff is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:21 PM
  #3
Registered
Commercial Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toms River, NJ
Posts: 75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by delsol View Post
Looking at the 37 single steps and was hoping for some solid feedback.

Were there any issues with the earlier boats (95,96,97) that came to light?
I see them in all configurations -- side by side, staggered, triples, along with either bravos, 5, or 6's.
Are there any pros or cons to either of these set ups, I realize that staggered and sixes is probably the best, but I don't see any for sale right now.
There is a side by side w 6's and a triple bravo boat though in the classifieds, is there anything that I should now about either boat before I go to look at them??

Thanks, Dave

We have a couple for sale also and can give you alot of knowledge on the 37s. Give us a call.
MARINE UNLIMITED is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:23 PM
  #4
Registered
 
OL40SVX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bristol, RI
My Boats: Outerlimits
Posts: 7,223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
Pretty sure the trip 525SC Bravo boat is the only 37 with trips ever made. Trips in a 37 seem like overkill to me, not to mention a huge loss of cockpit space.
There's been more than one triple boat.
OL40SVX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:32 PM
  #5
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
Pretty sure the trip 525SC Bravo boat is the only 37 with trips ever made. Trips in a 37 seem like overkill to me, not to mention a huge loss of cockpit space.
There is no loss of cockpit space on a trip 37.
Enough 4 Play is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:41 AM
  #6
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member
 
Griff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Omaha
My Boats: .......32............. ...............Active Thunder....
Posts: 15,752
Default

Learn something new all the time. I just looked at the pics of the trip 37. I thought the 37's were designed with only enough room for a short stagger set up. The trips definately fit with the standard cockpit, but man that looks tight. I just thought they moved the back seat forward a foot or so.
Griff is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 08:12 AM
  #7
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Jassman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 9,371
Default

get a twin set up.. and yes get 6's if possible.. Has a slight porpois around 60-70's if I remember correctly.. needs slight tabs goes away immediately. Stable hull up to 110..then becomes a drivers boat. Watch tighter turns in upper speeds. Has awesome headroom and is the largest boat in it's class closest equal is the 38 PP. Great boat, great hull..I would own one... I'm sure someone with more experience on these hulls will chime in. One of the nicest boats was Enough 4 Play.. but that boat was sold and is now in Banjo country..
Jassman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:02 PM
  #8
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassman View Post
get a twin set up.. and yes get 6's if possible.. Has a slight porpois around 60-70's if I remember correctly.. needs slight tabs goes away immediately. Stable hull up to 110..then becomes a drivers boat. Watch tighter turns in upper speeds. Has awesome headroom and is the largest boat in it's class closest equal is the 38 PP. Great boat, great hull..I would own one... I'm sure someone with more experience on these hulls will chime in. One of the nicest boats was Enough 4 Play.. but that boat was sold and is now in Banjo country..
Enough 4 Play was my boat until I sold it to Thundersone. You can see some picturs of it on the OL forums under 4th of July pictures. Actually I have owned 2 37s and loved both of them.
Enough 4 Play is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:09 PM
  #9
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member
Trade Score: (16)
 
Sick Stinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Swansea Mass
My Boats: 33 Sutphen outrageous P3
Posts: 10,205
Default

Im no guru by any means but from what ive read and how fuel prices are like a superball id say 6's with twin 700's would be the way to go. I saw that in the Classy's caught my eye and intrest.
-Mike
Sick Stinger is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:29 PM
  #10
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: lake charles LA
Posts: 387
Default

Raymond Boudreaux in La was selling his 37 staggered w 850's and 6's a while back. Think it's still available. super nice boat and been over 115 mph
SHAWN DAVIS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.