Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Watermoose Sighting on LOTO!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/22220-watermoose-sighting-loto.html)

WaterMoose 04-14-2002 09:18 AM

Watermoose Sighting on LOTO!!

What a great day and night at the Lake Saturday...seemed more like June, not April. OzarkBoater, and several of us got to Docknocker's (Yep, bucket(s) of crab), and Horny Toad...look for some nifty improvements there this summer! Toasted the beginning of the season several times, dancing at Jeremiah's, too late to get to Topsider, and will we miss Aqua Pizza this summer! Great night, tons of laughs, just wished there were more OSO'ers there, but hey, Memorial Day is around the corner. Here's to another great season at Lake of the Ozarks!!!!!:)

Next time I'll take the digital...

WM

Payton 04-14-2002 09:50 AM

I was down ther Friday afternoon, just as the sun came out.
I had to run a truck home from KC, so I swung down to LOTO for a bit to check out some boats. I met Charlene @ Raymonds (what a sweet lady) Saw some awesome boats, incuding a 35'Topgun and a 31 Mystique.
Then on my way to St Loius for the night I saw a ( Ithink) 46' Black Thunder followed by a big Cigarette,maybe a 42 or 46. :cool: .

It was nice weather.

I've got to get back down there in the summer.

MissAmy 04-14-2002 10:25 AM

OH, you are making me sooooooo jealous! ;)

We are anxious to get the season rolling down there. At least we've had our first boat ride of the year already. But enjoying the nightlife on the water...that's when it's officially summer! :D :D

Sounds like you and Cramer had a great time. Lutz and I hope to meet up with you guys this summer.

Payton~ Glad you had a nice trip down. You'll have to make it again for some boating. :)

WaterMoose 04-14-2002 10:51 AM

Jealous??? Ha! That was not really the intention, just a quick preview...lake was calm, lotsa lights shining accross the water, and except for a little rain, it couldn't have been a better night, except for you, LP and the others being here!

Payton's right, weather for 90% of the weekend was terrific, just right for early season...quite a few boats at the Toad, just enough to make it interesting...

And yes, we'll all get together when you KC'ers come down!!!

WM

OH, and the Crablegs at Docknocker's were outstandingly good, melted butter and all...:D :D :D

SpeedFreak 04-14-2002 11:58 AM

Maybe we should cut back a little on the melted butter waterthingy. :p :D

Glad you guys had a good time, now start selling some darn boats, especailly you Cramer.

Topsider on Friday was realatively slow, but about ten boats at the docks including OSO'er Gary Anderson, Marvin's 540 Dancer, and more. Always amazing to see all the boats at the docks with all the stereos, flat screens, etc... no matter how many times we are out. Can't wait til Memorial Day.

Barry

WaterMoose 04-14-2002 12:08 PM

Me?? Cut back on the melted butter?? :mad: You mean, instead of a bucket for crab, and a bucket for butter, maybe a cup for butter???:D

We made it back too late to slide into Topsider....7 Mile was fun though, lotsa boats...fun crowd. Thought we saw Marvin's 540 at Docknockers. Yeah, the flat screens are way cool. I'm just glad to be back in the lake nightlife!!

Ahhhh, life at the lake...

WM:cool:

SpeedFreak 04-14-2002 12:14 PM

Thanks for the invite last night by the way.

WaterMoose 04-14-2002 12:28 PM

Did I not hear you say, you were not going out??? I might be wrong....so, oops...I thought you were out front when the plan took shape!

WM

P.S Large Member?? That's not what he...uh, I mean she said.

SpeedFreak 04-14-2002 12:40 PM

You are correct, I was enjoying a wonderful evening at home with little Madison. We were watching for you guys to go down the lake but Shriek had our attention on the TV.

Barry

WaterMoose 04-14-2002 12:53 PM

Madison=Adorable super kid.

WM

LutzParty 04-14-2002 01:09 PM

Moose What boat do you drive ? Just whichever one has the keys hanging in it?

Cramer's fixin us up with a boat for the poker run, I think he mentinoed something about a Sunsation :D :p :D

This thread is making me hungry too. We will have to hit Docknockers this season. Do they still have the floating shark?

OZARKBOATER 04-14-2002 01:25 PM

SUNSATION!!!

I thought we had come to an agreement on the 2050 Baybober. Well maybe if I am feeling realy nice I'll bump you up to the 2255.

And we took out a row boat......and I think you know why.

Cramer

WaterMoose 04-14-2002 01:58 PM

Whichever has the keys??? Not quite that simple, we'd be leaving keys in the 38 Daytona every night!!!:D

As for the shark, I don't recall...it was about 9 when we arrived, I was DD on the way up, but that stopped at the dock! Did I mention how good the crab was? We will definitely make the run when you're down...Memorial day, right??

WM

LutzParty 04-14-2002 02:19 PM

LOL on the baybober.

:p :D

And Im not sure what you mean by the row boat. :confused:

Moose ..........I cant believe that the management wont let you guys take out whatever you want. Think of the advertisement they are getting. ha ha ha car dealers get demos shouldnt the boat dealers get one too. Im just working for ya here.

I dont think you mentioned crab once or maybe it was 7 times............I may have to get some before memorial day.

Now go sell some boats damnit

:D :D

Waterfoul 04-14-2002 02:45 PM

LOTO LOTO LOTO!!!!!!

37 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!

WaterMoose 04-14-2002 05:57 PM

LP and BFentiwoman..took your advice, sold another today.

Crab is good for you, crabs are not. Geez, sunny and 82 right now...lake had good traffic by the Glaize Bridge...ahhhhhh, Summertime, I mean Springtime..

And, LP!!!! Thanks for the plug, I agree one hundred percent...and, I know where the gas pump key is, so, gimme the 45 with triple 500's!!!! Forget Ozarkboatboy and his Baybobber, I'll hook you up with, hmmmmmmmmm.....how about a Sexy Rinker 212?????

LOTO!!! LOTO!!!

WM

later 04-14-2002 10:27 PM

just got back from the lake and it was a beautiful weekend a little chilly saturday morning and early afternoon but warmed up nicely by the afternoon. we were out on the boat had lunch at backwater jacks and just poked around the remainder of the afternoon.
later

mpally 04-14-2002 11:09 PM

Payton, I bet you saw a 46 BT and a 38 Top Gun. A guy traded a 38 on a new 46 BT and the factory has it up for sale. BT brought 5 or 6 boats down to LOTO over Easter weekeend.

Later, when did you leave Sunday? We didn't get down till sat. night and then changed the oil and drive oil sunday before heading out. We went by your house on the way to Backwater and it looked like you were already gone.

LutzParty 04-14-2002 11:57 PM

WM

Im just doing my part to help you guys out. Maybe I can talk you out of a bucket of crab @ docknockers this week. Ill be down in the middle of the week. eh hemmmm Working:D

27mmLoto 04-15-2002 12:15 AM

Since this seems to be a LOTO string I will add my $.02.
We were gassing the Thunder At Kelly's today and Randy told me that Randy A. (formerly of Backjacks, Bayou Bills, Eddy's, Millstone and probably many other places I am not aware of) is going to open up the old Tucket's. For those of you who don't know him trust me you need to check it out this season, for those of you who do know him well "nuff said".
Steve

LutzParty 04-15-2002 12:47 AM

27mm I take it that this means he does it the right way? Tuckets is next to Harbor Point condos if I remember correctly isnt it?

WaterMoose 04-15-2002 09:01 AM

watermoose has returned...

Took the eve. away from the puter, so here's some more thoughts...yes, terrific weekend here...yesterday was fantastic to say the least...saw the BT's--nice stuff I must admit, although I may be just a hair biased in another direction.

LP! Got your pm's, and cell#, OB and I are already planning a little something, but we'll figure it all out when your down! Yeah, at least a bucket of crab, maybe two! And at least one bucket of butter...gotta get my months worth of fat! OB says he'll have the baybobber fired up and ready to go! SO, 2255 or 2655???:D

Sunny and near 90 today!!!!!! God, I love this place....

WM

By the way, Tucket's is right next to Shooter's by land, or was I should say..it was called Bubba God-awfuls last year, or something like that....by water its like the 19mm, cove before shooter's, can't remember the name of the condo's next door.

Gary Anderson 04-15-2002 09:11 AM

27mmLoto
Word has it that Dorsey Schrader bought the old Tuckets and Randy will be managing it. If they get a little more dock space, it should be great. I haven't hrard anything about an opening date yet.
Just what the lake needs, another bar for me to get a Pain in the A$$.
Gary

GRH 04-15-2002 09:25 AM

WATERMOOSE - A guy on my lake has had that name in 16" letters on the side of his 1984 ChrisCraft since it was new.... Any Relation?

WaterMoose 04-15-2002 09:32 AM

Not that I'm aware of!! Course, then again, I have never had kids in my lifetime....that I'm aware of!!:D :D :D

I was nicknamed Moose when I was way young, mostly for obvious reasons...Moose was already taken on this forum, and since I spend 12 months a year on boats, I figured adding water was appropriate.

My 13 year old nephew thought watermoose was cool, but now calls me Water Buffalo....:(

WM

GRH 04-15-2002 11:15 AM

WATERMOOSE.... I guess ya never know about those "kids" ... the guy who owns the boat is in his 40's... so probably not related! but the name was such a hit we now have a "WATERRAT" & a "WATERCAT" on the lake... so its contagious!

WaterMoose 04-15-2002 12:17 PM

I always thought WATERSNAKE would sound creative!:eek: :D

OZARKBOATER 04-15-2002 12:36 PM

Lutz,

We will most definettly call you when you get down. Or in fact call us when you get here at the office 800-5571350 ext 2. Ether way we will get together.

Verry Feminine,

Also took you advise and sold one yesterday.

Cramer

big daddy 04-15-2002 03:48 PM

Barry,
Sounds like these guys know you pretty well!!!!!!!
Did you check your toothbrush after the Springfield show??
LOL:D :D :D :D :D

WaterMoose 04-15-2002 03:57 PM

Big Daddy...ROTFLMAO

"check your toothbrush".....:D :D :D :D :D

SpeedFreak 04-15-2002 04:02 PM

Little Daddy,

Who the heck invited you to this thread. Just kidding! :p

How the heck you been, how is the scarab(that was blown out of the water by a Donzi) been running. Seriously, I hope everything is going well out there for you. When are you coming to the lake?

Barry

LutzParty 04-15-2002 07:45 PM

WM and OB. sounds like a plan. I have your numbers and you have mine. We WILL connect and crab sounds good to me, I dont know about all that butter though. I need to be in good shape for the upcoming trips MissAmy and I are taking. :D We will be hitting the two boating meccas on the mainland :D No need saying where our hearts lie though. :D

My drinking arm has been injured so I may just have to use a straw.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: j/k Im not that much of a drinker to begin with so perhaps I can be the DD .........man I can hardly wait to get behind the wheel of that Baybobber.......:rolleyes: :D

mpally 04-15-2002 10:42 PM

So does Docknockers have a good deal on crab? What's the deal.

later 04-15-2002 11:11 PM

mpally , no but you cant beat the atmosphere! arrowhead lodge a few years back all you could eat for 21.00 know that was a deal.

LutzParty 04-15-2002 11:22 PM

I have no idea if they have a good deal on it. WM mentioned it early on in this thread and man it sure sounded good. Crab, chicken, burgers, fried potato salad............there is soo much to choose at LOTO and they are alll good. :D :D

later 04-15-2002 11:38 PM

actually their poppers or the best with the raspberry sauce

WaterMoose 04-16-2002 10:09 AM

Geez has this d*&m thread gotten me hungry....crab price at Docknockers is average for the area!!! about 20 bucks gets you a bucket of crab...much larger portion than others here for the same money...but, it's gotta be the best crab legs I've ever had, and believe me, I've eaten an entire sea of crab in my days...great stuff, great flavor, cooked perfect every time...god I'm hungry...

LP, you're on....got the pm, Thursday is better for me anyway, only one closing then, so, most of afternoon and all of evening free!!

Sunny near 90 today and tommorrow, wouldn't we all rather be on the lake right now???? The evenings have been perfect down here...Memorial day is soooooo close!!!! Alot of traffic was headed party cove way Saturday and Sunday, meant to mention that before, never got back there to check it out tho...

Watermoose:cool:

big daddy 04-16-2002 10:54 AM

Barely Felt-a-man,
You must have me confused w/ someone else. I was WAY ahead
of that Donzi!!
I was referred to this thread by 2 lesbian boxers who said they knew you!!!LOL:D :D :D
I hope to be down there for either the Shootout or poker run. I'll be sure to look you up if I make it.

WaterMoose 04-16-2002 11:10 AM

BigDaddy....

I am in total hysterics....:D :D :D

ROTF, Clutching my gut, eyes watering...

MissAmy 04-16-2002 12:25 PM

Watermoose~

You are cracking me up!

You and OzarkBoatBoy take good care of Lutz while he's down there, okay? ;) :D Easy on the butter and don't sell him a new boat......you have to wait till I'm down there to do that!! :) (boatboy knows which one I like! ;) )