Like Tree0Likes

One day in Key West 2/9/10

Old 01-09-2010, 11:35 AM
Registered

My Boats: '94 Formula 336
Question One day in Key West 2/9/10

Taking a cruise with the wife, stopping in Key West Tuesday 2/9/10 from 8a-2p. First time in Key West ever. Want to make the best of the short amount of time that we have there. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1996 SS8M Carrera Center Console twin 225 Optis 1989 SS8M Carrera Closed Deck 1982 Banana Boat 24 V8 Evinrude

if you have a chance and enough time...Check out...MICHEALS restaurant...Great food at reasonable prices...Or the ROOF TOP CAFE a bit more casual but very good as well..
Old 01-09-2010, 12:12 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: Batboat, 38 Scarab Thunder, 16 Sidewinder, 27 Magnum

just stroll through Mallory and up Duval St. there is plenty there to do. Mel Fishers is pretty cool and within easy walking distance of where you'll be

http://www.melfisher.org/

If you get off the boat and are looking for breakfast that early i highly recommend Pepe's (also right about where you'll be getting off the boat) The cream chipped beef is the best anywhere (trust me i've tried it everywhere) the bloody marys are fantastic as well.

http://pepescafe.net/info.htm

heres a neat little place that deserves a stop and is one of the first places you will pass moving up Duval. Its the smallest bar in Key West, fun little place to hit, snap a pic, have a short one and move on . . . . yes, you will miss it if your not pay'in attention lol.

http://www.oldcustomshouse.com/smallest-bar.htm

Certainly on the list should be Sloppy Joes, Rik's, The tree bar just to name a few but those are usually later night attractions. Have fun!
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 01-09-2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:23 PM
Registered

My Boats: 19'baron to name a few

I can never go to Key West without stopping at Pepes for the SOS.Turned my Italian girlfriend on to it a couple years ago at Pepes, You would have thought she died and went to heaven.Its only good with a couple beers in the morning too.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:29 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1996 SS8M Carrera Center Console twin 225 Optis 1989 SS8M Carrera Closed Deck 1982 Banana Boat 24 V8 Evinrude

Anywhere you go on Duval is going to be great..Alot of fun and many places and things to do...Just walk up and down DUVAL>
Old 01-09-2010, 12:33 PM
Registered

My Boats: '94 Formula 336

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like you cant wrong on Duval st
Old 01-09-2010, 12:38 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

My Boats: Batboat, 38 Scarab Thunder, 16 Sidewinder, 27 Magnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymonza View Post
I can never go to Key West without stopping at Pepes for the SOS.Turned my Italian girlfriend on to it a couple years ago at Pepes, You would have thought she died and went to heaven.Its only good with a couple beers in the morning too.
Amen brutha . . . went there with racegirl once and they had just switched over to lunch. . . . . I was sooooo bummed. We made it the next day lol.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 01-09-2010, 12:41 PM
VIP Member

My Boats: 2000 Baja 36 Outlaw

+1 Duvall street. Make sure to not be late getting back to the boat. They will leave without you !!! I was on a cruise once and we waited an extra 15 minutes for a group of young guys. As we were pulling away from the dock, they came staggering into the courtyard. We just waved as we kept going. They had to board the ship at the next stop, which was in the Bahamas.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:43 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

My Boats: '99 Active Thunder Tantrum

Do Not get on the Conch Train, with 6 hours in KW you dont have time for that Walk up Duval , hit a few places, go down a few side streets to look at the cool houses, go to the Conch Republic for a drink or seven, Sloppy Joes, HogsBreath, Uncle Tonys, Irish Kevins, Ricks, The Bull, Fat Tuesdays, Worlds Smallest Bar, but do this definately after a breakfast at PePe's. Then head back to the ship to sleep it off! Take pictures, show us where you went!

Old 01-12-2010, 11:05 AM
Registered

My Boats: 1982 Pantera 24sport

All of the above are great suggestions. I have been to Key West many times, but the one time we did it from a cruise ship, we found an outside bar right along the pier area at one of the hotels, do all of the Duval stuff, then head over to the ship area, and find one of these outside bars in view of the ship, that way when you have 15 or so minutes until departure, you can grab a drink to go, and stumble back to the line to get on the ship while finishing up the one for the road.