42' Epoxy OL, your opinion? >

42' Epoxy OL, your opinion?

Notices

42' Epoxy OL, your opinion?

Old 01-19-2010, 06:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

[QUOTE=Outerlimits PB;3027309] The resin system we use today has a higher Tg (resistance to print) and better physical properties than the resin we used 3 years ago. QUOTE]

That is what I would be concerned about. For the average guy buying a million dollar boat who will probably upgrade or trade within a year or two, who cares? But, for someone like me who would probably keep the boat for 5 years or so, concerns about the integrity of the resin and how it ages over the years do exist. Any information on this would be helpful.

Last edited by pm203; 01-19-2010 at 06:18 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The process of epoxy lamination in boat construction has been around for over 15 years, there are thousands of hulls in service. This seems new when compared to 60 year old vinylester technology, but it is certainly not untried or unproven.
My previous post was meant to address cosmetic concerns and improvements that have been made in that area.
Outerlimits has always been at the forefront of technology and we are constantly working to improve design, engineering and materials to bring our customers the best product possible.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Outerlimits PB
The process of epoxy lamination in boat construction has been around for over 15 years, there are thousands of hulls in service. This seems new when compared to 60 year old vinylester technology, but it is certainly not untried or unproven.
My previous post was meant to address cosmetic concerns and improvements that have been made in that area.
Outerlimits has always been at the forefront of technology and we are constantly working to improve design, engineering and materials to bring our customers the best product possible.
Thank you.

UD
Old 01-19-2010, 11:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
Thank you.

UD
+1
Old 01-20-2010, 08:27 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Folks... I started this thread to hear opinions on both sides, not to discredit one or the other.... Obviously there are advantages and disadvantages for anything so it becomes personal preference and that's why I'm asking the members to respond who have owned them.

More importantly I'd like to get back on track and hear from the "owners" of 42's and 46's and how they liked or disliked both boats... Advantages and disadvantages... non-biased please.

If you don't feel comforatble stating your experiences please PM me.

Trying to help a friend make an consious decision on a boat(s) he'd like to buy....

Last edited by Panther; 01-20-2010 at 08:31 AM.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:01 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Panther
Folks... I started this thread to hear opinions on both sides, not to discredit one or the other.... Obviously there are advantages and disadvantages for anything so it becomes personal preference and that's why I'm asking the members to respond who have owned them.

More importantly I'd like to get back on track and hear from the "owners" of 42's and 46's and how they liked or disliked both boats... Advantages and disadvantages... non-biased please.

Trying to help a friend make an consious decision on a boat(s) he'd like to buy....
Panther,
While I embrace new technology, the unknown( to me) is epoxy. That is why I find this particular thread informative to me. Sorry if it has got sidetracked, but need to know if epoxy is in my future.

Last edited by pm203; 01-20-2010 at 09:16 AM.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Get a hold of Fred or maybe Fred will anwser on here... or send a pm to the factory off their website..
Old 01-20-2010, 11:37 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Jassman
Get a hold of Fred or maybe Fred will anwser on here... or send a pm to the factory off their website..
Thanks but I'm looking for opinions from boat owners and not folks that have/had worked there..
Old 01-20-2010, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks but I'm looking for opinions from boat owners and not folks that have/had worked there..
Frank, there's not alot of the bigger OL owners here on OSO.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:49 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Frank, there's not alot of the bigger OL owners here on OSO.
If there are any owners you recommend he call please let me know.

He's undecided between the two so there's no reason to push one way or another.

Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.