In need of a classic Scarab decoding

Old 01-26-2010, 07:23 PM
Registered

Received 1,188 Likes on 566 Posts

Post the HIN # and it will tell the model
Old 01-26-2010, 07:58 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hull # is WELP0718C486. Expertinboats has given some of the break down. I have to get inside and do some digging to see if its kevlar or fiberglass. What can you tell me? Thank you Brian
Old 01-26-2010, 09:26 PM
Registered

Received 1,188 Likes on 566 Posts

I am pretty sure the kevlar scarabs have KEVLAR stamped under the HIN.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:31 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kevlar is bright yellow. It's not hard to see. Somewhere inside the boat where there's ne paint or gelcoat.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:27 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,783 Likes on 884 Posts

I highly doubt its a kevlar layup. I think that was only on the 38 KV's.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:22 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Bad Girl
what is the centerline of the drive cutouts? Staggard Scarabs ran approx 21" apart with the staggar a full 42-48". Putting them in the way they were originally designed makes plenty height for them.
Where are(were) the side windows? above the gunnel?
Also, I had one and moved the rear hatch doors up on and angle to match the perimeter rail area. This gives plenty room for blowers if you want.
Hope it goes well. Posr more pics of the inside bilge and cockpit//helm and I may be able to help more.
I attached pictures from the cabin you will see a black panel with 8 chrome screw covers, behind them are speakers. Below them are grey hinged storage doors, inside them is a narrow storage compartment that is finished and original. The interior would of had to of been totally removed to install these back panels. Now, the gentimen that I bought this boat from he only had owned it for less then year (based on the bill of sale) and the picture on his web site the boat had a black and red strip below the rub rail. So I would say that this boat didn't ever have cabin window or they had been removed very early in its life. Is this possible? I'm the forth owner and the second owner did nothing with it and the third owner painted it.
Attached Thumbnails In need of a classic Scarab decoding-000_0751.jpg   In need of a classic Scarab decoding-000_0752.jpg   In need of a classic Scarab decoding-000_0753.jpg  

In need of a classic Scarab decoding-000_0754.jpg   In need of a classic Scarab decoding-000_0755.jpg  
Old 01-27-2010, 12:35 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Griff
I highly doubt its a kevlar layup. I think that was only on the 38 KV's.
Yes, it is fiberglass and non stagger engine configuration. The current mystery is no cabin windows and which model. Expertinboats says, it was build in 1984 but was sold in 1986, based on the hull #. I think I need to track down owners one and two so that I can fill in the blanks. Thanks Brian