Notices

Good News For Boat Sales!!

Old 02-04-2010, 08:20 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Good News For Boat Sales!!

"Brokerage Sales in January up From 2009"

Yacht brokerage sales results in the United States in January were higher than the same month a year earlier, but down somewhat from December 2009.

According to sales reported by industry brokers, unit sales improved over January 2009 by 29%, with 1,610 boats sold, and valuation of boats sold increased even more, by 42%, to $190.5 million. Despite those gains, the number of boats sold in January, compared to December, fell by 106 boats, and total valuation dropped by $53 million.

December and January are normally the weakest sales months of the year, based on average sales data from the last five years, with December weaker from 2005-2007 and January weaker in recent years. However, the number of boats sold in January 2010 slipped by another measure, dropping slightly below the five-year average, in contrast to sales in November and December 2009, which equaled or exceeded the five-year average.

On the plus side for many brokers, bigger boats continued to sell significantly better compared to the same month of the previous year. While sales of boats up to 55 feet long were up 25-30%, 66 boats over 55' changed hands, which represented a 78% increase from January 2009.

Powerboats led the increase in January, with a 30% increase in units and a 45% increase in valuation over January 2009. By comparison, sailboat sales improved by 26% in terms of units and valuation.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats not good news...Its called liquidation.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:54 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Raymond from DoubleR was in FL on business last week and was able to join me for our FMO fun run. His blackberry was going non stop. He said he has never been so busy. I have heard similar things from others as well. While I expect it will take some time for the market to normalize yet, I expect the best deals will soon be a thing of the past as the market strengthens....and it will. Just a matter of time.
Bob
Old 02-04-2010, 09:12 AM
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Back4More
Thats not good news...Its called liquidation.
no chit about that.nothing like a shot in the arm to boost peoples morall.lol
Old 02-04-2010, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

My guess would be that many of these sales are to non-US customers.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Thats great news, mabe someone will buy my boat now.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:45 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Raymond from DoubleR was in FL on business last week and was able to join me for our FMO fun run. His blackberry was going non stop. He said he has never been so busy. I have heard similar things from others as well. While I expect it will take some time for the market to normalize yet, I expect the best deals will soon be a thing of the past as the market strengthens....and it will. Just a matter of time.
Bob
agreed, peter had a great post on face book. people want to buy and have good credit, but banks are being VERY difficult.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

The economy had a blip. Do not get too excited. The Obama economic policies are unrealistic and short economic decline will continue. Long term debt will also be very painful for the US.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:34 PM
Registered
VIP Member

I guess everyone got there Obama stimulas check. But I'm still waiting on mine.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

You know what is going to be funny is the american tax payer is going to bail out the banks such as AIG. They will pay out $180 million in bonuses, not pay the tarp back and the economy is going to fall over again and we will need to bail AIG and other banks again. You can see more people are walking away from properties again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.