Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Roger
The 121 is not published but the 123.4 is. youtube.com Ausleys38 Lightning
Is that fully stock 700's??
Old 02-13-2010, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Reading this thread made me think of something kinda funny when someone brought up the marketing end of it with the Cat Killer and all. I believe it was 2006 when Joe and Brett partnered up and ran in the SV class(at the time 525 was the only mtr allowed). Unfortunately, in Miami, Joes Fountain had a mishap and he did decide to go with an Outerlimits. In the mean time they ran Brett's 38 Fountain (which is now Dean's Wahoo) throughout the whole season until the OL was ready. The OL showed up in Las Vegas ran unopposed and claimed the national title, Fiore took that nugget and ran with it marketing wise, but we all know that when there was competition they were running the Fountain and a Fountain product got them the title. After Biloxi the following season and this so called national champion got blasted by 2 Fountains(with the same pwr as the OL) and they picked up and went to Europe. Come to think of of it Fountain went over there as well and hehe we all know what happened over there. Fountain 2 titles, OL 0....

Outerlimits is one of the finest boats on the market, the fit and finish and next to none, but on the race course with equal power it has been proven time and time again that OL either needs to go back to the drawing board or stick to what they do best, make one of the finest pleasure boats on the market. If I was in the market for a pleasure boat and I could afford it, I wouldnt think twice of going with an OL, but on the race course, I would have to go with Fountain every time.

Back in the day Nigel had a ton of records with a Scarab, too many to count and back then they were great boats, but like you said when the company's focus goes elsewhere, it got passed by.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
Reading this thread made me think of something kinda funny when someone brought up the marketing end of it with the Cat Killer and all. I believe it was 2006 when Joe and Brett partnered up and ran in the SV class(at the time 525 was the only mtr allowed). Unfortunately, in Miami, Joes Fountain had a mishap and he did decide to go with an Outerlimits. In the mean time they ran Brett's 38 Fountain (which is now Dean's Wahoo) throughout the whole season until the OL was ready. The OL showed up in Las Vegas ran unopposed and claimed the national title, Fiore took that nugget and ran with it marketing wise, but we all know that when there was competition they were running the Fountain and a Fountain product got them the title. After Biloxi the following season and this so called national champion got blasted by 2 Fountains(with the same pwr as the OL) and they picked up and went to Europe. Come to think of of it Fountain went over there as well and hehe we all know what happened over there. Fountain 2 titles, OL 0....

Outerlimits is one of the finest boats on the market, the fit and finish and next to none, but on the race course with equal power it has been proven time and time again that OL either needs to go back to the drawing board or stick to what they do best, make one of the finest pleasure boats on the market. If I was in the market for a pleasure boat and I could afford it, I wouldnt think twice of going with an OL, but on the race course, I would have to go with Fountain every time.

Back in the day Nigel had a ton of records with a Scarab, too many to count and back then they were great boats, but like you said when the company's focus goes elsewhere, it got passed by.
Ummm Outerlimits is the current P1 champion..........also those other year a lot of mechanical problems kept the OL from finishing. Alot of time they were in the lead and broke. They also won in the rough water races. The FWW boat ran flawless those year with Ilmor power and arneson drives! Probably the best combo out there!!

Last edited by OL40SVX; 02-13-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Ummm Outerlimits is the current P1 champion..........also those other year a lot of mechanical problems kept the OL from finishing. Alot of time they were in the lead and broke. They also won in the rough water races. The FWW boat ran flawless those year with Ilmor power and arneson drives! Probably the best combo out there!!
Oh my bad I had actualy thought the Cig won it since the wreck in Scandinavia tore up the OL, Did the 88 team get it in their OL? I know FWW pulled out of the series last year and I believe Furnibo acquired one of them and debuted towards the end, so I guess with them running a full season this year, we shall see......

For your benefit though I will revise Fountain 2 OL 1
Old 02-13-2010, 05:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
Oh my bad I had actualy thought the Cig won it since the wreck in Scandinavia tore up the OL, Did the 88 team get it in their OL? I know FWW pulled out of the series last year and I believe Furnibo acquired one of them and debuted towards the end, so I guess with them running a full season this year, we shall see......

For your benefit though I will revise Fountain 2 OL 1
Yes OSG won the title. The Cig/Skater wasnt close.They had a great year. Yes Furnibo has the second FWW boat and the first is now owned by a team in FL. I believe Furnibo only missed the first race though. This season should be a good one both in Evolution and Supersport!
Old 02-13-2010, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Lets see here. Your name is Fountain40icbm. You list a Motion and Sutphen as your boats. Why all the talk about Outerlimits? Please explain.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:00 PM
Registered

I think it in the end it's still difficult to argue one fact...Fountain Powerboats has more World Championships than ALL the other competitors COMBINED.

Breaking down is not an excuse for not winning...as a matter of fact, there really aren't any excuses for not winning...we all play under the same rules, everyone faces the same potential problems.

I was a bit disappointed when Fiore claimed that championship when the points earned to win it were done in a Fountain...that was weak to say the least.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

MrOffshore, well put and should put an end to this discussion once and for all.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not bias towards either company.
But I would like to say OL definitely pussied out leaving at night thats sad. With all the boats and everyone there, there would have been no problem fixing and mechanical issue with ease.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:24 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Roger
Lets see here. Your name is Fountain40icbm. You list a Motion and Sutphen as your boats. Why all the talk about Outerlimits? Please explain.
My thoughts exactly. He even has an OL logo.