Best twin eng. sit down V bot. >

Best twin eng. sit down V bot.

Notices

Best twin eng. sit down V bot.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:24 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MDGperformance
There are a lot of good hulls out there,that being said i bought a 2004 donzi 38zrc last year and i can honestly say it is one of the best handling and performing boat v-boat i have ever driving,i have owned a lot of boats over the years and have driven almost all of them ,been in the hp boat business for over 20years.I like the staggered set-up and the 2003-2004 hulls are priced very reasonable,priced about the same as the gladiators,only problem not many built and not a lot for sale
Sexy styling, love the graphix, makes the boat look longer than it is. A fast, great-handling hull. Too bad Donzi never built a wraparound windshield though.

How is it getting behind the wheel? Powerboat mag said it's very tight, but I think their problem was Teague's fat belly.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by thedonz
can you imagine????
I hope somebody steps up and makes it happen with somebody's big power, but the turbo motors just make so much sense in terms of efficiency and longevity. Tommy says he's solved the lag problem too, plus he's a lot cheaper than the new Merc turbomotors.

Last edited by Catmando; 02-18-2010 at 02:37 AM.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by MDGperformance
There are a lot of good hulls out there,that being said i bought a 2004 donzi 38zrc last year and i can honestly say it is one of the best handling and performing boat v-boat i have ever driving,i have owned a lot of boats over the years and have driven almost all of them ,been in the hp boat business for over 20years.I like the staggered set-up and the 2003-2004 hulls are priced very reasonable,priced about the same as the gladiators,only problem not many built and not a lot for sale
This ZRC is probably the nicest looking one I have seen.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by MrOffshore
Poker Runs are about flash, so let's forget about the $$$$...if you just want hi performance, flash and great handling put yourself into a new Vector 40...you can rest assured you won't see another one and afterall isn't individuality what it's all about?
The new Vector 40 is different, I'll admitt . But, it is one odd looking boat bordering on ugly and probably would be one very tough boat to resell. And, I think that the individual who started this thread is looking to conserve $$ and is looking for used or something priced reasonably.

Last edited by pm203; 02-19-2010 at 03:46 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Club Drew
Does Skater have a sit down V-hull?
The 399.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:40 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Catmando
The 399.
and a 426Vee and a 488Vee..........................white one is a 488 and the silver and black one is a 426.
Attached Thumbnails Best twin eng. sit down V bot.-picture-004.jpg   Best twin eng. sit down V bot.-2011-426-skater-vee-4.jpg  
Old 02-19-2010, 10:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by blume
and a 426Vee and a 488Vee..........................white one is a 488 and the silver and black one is a 426.
God that 488 looks like it just goes on forEVER lol. Can't wait to see the shakedown cruise. Blume will you put it on here? What powertrain is going in it?

I am surprised though at the molded swim platform...

Last edited by Catmando; 02-19-2010 at 10:08 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:51 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Here are a few shots of a 399 Skater V that I rigged and built the power for. It's been 142 so far, with quite a bit left. That's as fast as the customer felt comfortable running it.
Eddie
Attached Thumbnails Best twin eng. sit down V bot.-skater-399-2-.jpg   Best twin eng. sit down V bot.-skater-399-4-.jpg   Best twin eng. sit down V bot.-skater-399-3-.jpg  

Best twin eng. sit down V bot.-skater-399-5-.jpg   Best twin eng. sit down V bot.-skater-399-rigging-021-large-.jpg  
Old 02-19-2010, 10:58 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pm203
The new Vector 40 is different, I'll admitt . But, it is one odd looking boat bordering on ugly and probably would be one very tough boat to resell. And, I think that the individual who started this thread is looking to conserve $$ and is looking for used or something priced reasonably.
No doubt the 40 Vector isn't in the price range the poster is looking for, but...based on my history, I had to choose the Vector. Quality, fit and finish is off the hook and while I agree resale might be an issue...it can't be anymore difficult than the original sale!!

I don't agree on the "ugly" statement, but beauty is truly in the eyes of the beholder. Mannerfelt has some phenominal designs...and more than just interesting to look at they truly offer performance.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MrOffshore
No doubt the 40 Vector isn't in the price range the poster is looking for, but...based on my history, I had to choose the Vector. Quality, fit and finish is off the hook and while I agree resale might be an issue...it can't be anymore difficult than the original sale!!

I don't agree on the "ugly" statement, but beauty is truly in the eyes of the beholder. Mannerfelt has some phenominal designs...and more than just interesting to look at they truly offer performance.
I'm sorry but Vector needs to do a complete redesign on the 40. Put it beside the STATEMENT and you'll see why I say that. The wraparound looks plain and outdated and the wing treatment is terrible. I don't like that stubby blunt-nose bow either.

My .02

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.