Notices

Lake Champlain 2010

Old 08-04-2010, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Slinky
not really looking to be the fast boat....if i wanted to be in a fast boat i'd have to look older and spend a lot more money. I just want something newer, bigger, nicer looking than what i'm in now.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sunshadow
shush...i have to keep telling myself i dont need a fast boat....or i'll spend way more money than i want to! .....though i keep seeing this 27 fountain out of the lake george area for about 25k
Old 08-04-2010, 08:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 370 Likes on 249 Posts

planning to go on the lake saturday... are there any motels / hotels in mallet's bay? or the only solution is a cab ride up to burlington?

maybe have some friends coming but my boat is barely good to sleep 5, not 8 or 9...
Old 08-04-2010, 09:01 PM
It's a Wicked Rush!!!
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Slinky
JP....

your thoughts?
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...e-800-96938235

i lost my gold status so i cant pm anymore and too lazy to renew

i looked at the new ones in montreal at the boat show this year but waaayyyy out of my price range....the pricing on this seem low or right?

what came in these as stock power plant?

may have someone interested in my fourwinns so the new boat shopping is kicking up another gear!
Slink....alot of sb strokers can make a ton of pwr and torque...if the true pwr is around 350...that particular combination will be working pretty hard at least until your up on the pad. Combined with a bit of a deep X, may not be the best combo for the Chase hull....but? Get more info on the motor. Outside of that if the boat is in as good of condition as the pic's show, it's a good deal $$ wise. Due your homework!
Old 08-05-2010, 09:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff32
planning to go on the lake saturday... are there any motels / hotels in mallet's bay? or the only solution is a cab ride up to burlington?

maybe have some friends coming but my boat is barely good to sleep 5, not 8 or 9...
There really aren't Jeff. If you can grab a spot at Breakwaters, call a cab to the Hilton, or even walk from there. Maybe some deals at the Hampton Inn Colchester, they have a shuttle. Not too far away, 34 miles maybe. Call The Moorings for transient dockage and get a ride from there.

The Sheraton Burlington may be able to pick you up as well.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:21 PM
Registered

Don't post much
but thought i'd ask
I'm camping in Buwaga Bay? next weekend only bringing the Sea Doo. anything on the south side i should see or look for never been out on the lake.
Thanks
Old 08-06-2010, 06:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jpmac
Slink....alot of sb strokers can make a ton of pwr and torque...if the true pwr is around 350...that particular combination will be working pretty hard at least until your up on the pad. Combined with a bit of a deep X, may not be the best combo for the Chase hull....but? Get more info on the motor. Outside of that if the boat is in as good of condition as the pic's show, it's a good deal $$ wise. Due your homework!
guy wrote me back and said the HP is 350...but 383's are known to build more torque than HP...so more torque would be good for getting the boat up on plain.......i'd like to see some more specs on the motor, particularly a dyno sheet...he sent me some bigger pics and the cuddy looks really clean....i dont like the bottom paint but that can be fixed...now if only i could get the woman to quit worrying about the wedding in 21 days and worry about a new boat we'd be all set lol
Old 08-06-2010, 07:09 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Just tell her it counts as your wedding present

I'll be heading out tomorrow afternoon for a week down in Willsboro Bay. Winds in the morning look stiff, then letting up, hopefully. We'll be staying at a little old cottage way down the end on the West side. Roughing it for a week.

Three coolers ready, hopefully we'll be able to really explore and have some water fun next week. I'm sure there will be a Turtle run and a Breakwater run involved at some point. Might even explore the Southern end of the lake if the wind is light. Be great to see some of you guys out on the water if anyone's around. I'll be trying to put as many hours on as possible from now until the end.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by VtSteve
Just tell her it counts as your wedding present

I'll be heading out tomorrow afternoon for a week down in Willsboro Bay. Winds in the morning look stiff, then letting up, hopefully. We'll be staying at a little old cottage way down the end on the West side. Roughing it for a week.

Three coolers ready, hopefully we'll be able to really explore and have some water fun next week. I'm sure there will be a Turtle run and a Breakwater run involved at some point. Might even explore the Southern end of the lake if the wind is light. Be great to see some of you guys out on the water if anyone's around. I'll be trying to put as many hours on as possible from now until the end.

oh, i've tried the wedding present thing....but i get the house needs a new front porch and we need new counter tops and we need this and that...i never win
Old 08-06-2010, 07:58 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

It's only just begun dude

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.