Notices

Lake Champlain 2010

Old 08-09-2010, 07:59 AM
It's a Wicked Rush!!!
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff32
well... met up with a friend of mine in treadwell around 4:30 pm saturday (wellcraft excalibur 23). Went to champlain marina where I guess they had their annual party ! music that kept the kids awake till... 11:30 I guess, pm of course !

this morning, saw a fountain 32 launching and the red DCB 35 (sound awsome by the way). I then left champlain marina for thayer's but wind was laready a little too much to enjoy beach... so went out for a return home in some 4 or 5 feet roller that was enough to catch some air 2 or 3 times ! does not happens often !

pretty much lost the w-end but we were in family with friends and I guess that is all that really matters!

See you guys later!
Too bad we missed up at Treadwell Jeff....few of us were there till about 6....catch you next time around!
Old 08-09-2010, 07:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Headed out of Willsboro today, saw the forecast, which was proven wrong by eleven

We actually went fishing, which is something I haven't done on a lake in many many decades. We missed the huge thunderstorms in Burlington by just a few miles. GD Jakes closed 10 minutes early again, so we fueled at Champlain Marina. Bruce runs a great place there, worth the NWZ in. Open 8 to 8 every day.

So we struggled back, made some margaritas, and now slow cooking ribs. Almost relaxed now, not quite. Boating during the week is something I rarely get to do, at least all day. But I can't think of a better place to be, even in the rain.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 372 Likes on 250 Posts

I hope you have a camper top!
Old 08-09-2010, 09:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by jeff32
I hope you have a camper top!
Best $800 extra I ever spent. 6'4 of headroom ion this little boat, more than I need for sure It's the single best upgrade on a bad boat purchase I made.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

They did it again. On the hook off North Beach. NWS said a storm headed SE towards Grand Isle CTY, on the Essex Center, then off towards Worcester.

We looked the the fast moving clouds coming down the lake SE, and picked up and went WOT most of the way back to Willsboro Bay. Right when we hit the dock, winds came up strong. 2-3-4 footers in the cove at the end of the bay. I had no choice but to dock straight in, transom facing the wind.

A couple of waves came up over the swim platform and hit the cockpit cover midway up This will be a test for their little dock. Thanks again NWS and NOAA for the early warning system.

At any rate, we got to finish the rubs and wine from last night before we picked up.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

it poured so hard here ! one of my test driver was caught in that storm we had here, rained hard like I've not seen for a looooong time ! but he did not have the cockpit cover !!!
Old 08-10-2010, 05:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

The only issue for me is that I'm docked in only 3-4 feet of water. I have an agreed value policy

Break my heart, new cooler in there.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

change to a deeper place!
Old 08-11-2010, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

atleast you guys have boats....mine goes by by as of friday...took the new owners for a spin on it last night. they were more than pleased with it and said i'll have cash in hand on friday....

now what to do.... season is coming towards the end, my wedding is in 2 weeks....my thoughts are pay off my truck and a credit card bill and wait till next year to get a boat....or i save the 5k and have it has a downpayment for next year...or i find something that someone doesnt want to store for the winter and see if i can get a smoking deal....i dont want to have to finance more than 15k so i'm going to look in the 20k or less range....i want to make my next step up into a 24 to 27 performance boat.... anyone have any recomendations?
Old 08-11-2010, 09:04 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

As much as it may hurt, I'd wait until the September-January period. 20K won;t get a boat show boat you want, but you may pick up a good deal from someone wanting to eliminate winter storage and all that.

But be prepared for a good boat at a good price, because you are definitely in the market. The Chase you showed look like a perfect boat for the money if checked out. Far less money than if you go hunting down a big HP boat that will require a piggy bank $$$ approach. $5 k down would work on a $20 k boat now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.