Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
HELP Straightening Alloy Wheels... >

HELP Straightening Alloy Wheels...

Notices

HELP Straightening Alloy Wheels...

Old 04-21-2002, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Gotta agree with Cord. Balancing tires is an art !~!!! Go to 3 diff tire shops and they will all put weights on diff !!!!!! Lucky here in Cin. found a guy that does race car stuff.......Perfect every time !!
Old 04-22-2002, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike -

Right you are! You called me. That speedo went to a guy in WI. I know right where you guys anchor in Bluegrass. Our dock is in the bay on the opposite side of Governor's from Bluegrass. I'm the second dock in from the channel. It is a white dock with a green awning over the slip.

Last year I ran a Donzi 22ZX with red/yellow/black stripes and checkered flag design. I got my cat over winter and haven't yet gotten my boat lift set up. Once it is my boat will be in the water waiting. I remember seeing "Private Dancer" on the lake.

Believe it or not, my niece bought a RX7 convertible from Auto Adavntage when you where located close to Adcock's Garage!!! For now, I keep my boat in the samll industrial park at New Shackle and Gallatin Road. The guy across the "alley" from me has a Formula and runs a machine shop, that isn't you is it??

Last edited by jbrauer; 04-22-2002 at 07:48 AM.
Old 04-24-2002, 10:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

Okay, I think I know where your dock is.
My dad lived in the house in Governor's Point two to the left from Lorrie Morgan's house. My sister lives there now and the dock is currently sunk on one side (awaiting insurance fix). I'm still over there a bit fixing things every now and then.

Looking forward to seeing you on the lake. Stop by our anchor party anytime. I have one of those 15' trampolines and we drag it out there every now and then. You are welcome to come jump on it if you bring girls wearing thongs with you. My wife won't wear a thong but lets me stare at otherw who will .

The guy across the alley form you is Mike Cunningham. He used to call his place Bermico Engineering. He ran small production parts on a couple of CNC mills and lathes. Haven't talked to him in a while. I got a big belly, too, but not as big as his! He also lives in Governors point but not on the water.

His Formula is a 1989 F311SR1 with 365HP 454Mags - 63, 64 mph boat. It used to belong to Tim Wheeler the builder, who now owns a 356 Fastech with Bulldogs and 250 Blowers - he runs real close to 90.

Glad somebody got a good deal at AutoAdvantage. I was not involved at the old location. Greg Stephens, my current partner bought out his old partner Greg Knox. I hooked up with Greg S after the split. I've known Greg S all my life. Greg K went on to sell Rolexes and Own a limousine service, and other stuff.

I am typing from a marina lobby at South Sea Island Resort just north of Ft. Myers. We brought Bahama Mama across yesterday from Panama City and are on our way to Ft Lauderdale with her. You may have seen her on the lake (53' Hatteras Flybridge Motor Yacht - also kept at Bluegrass - Belongs to a friend of mine).

Later.
M