Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Things have gone from bad to worse, need help! >

Things have gone from bad to worse, need help!

Notices

Things have gone from bad to worse, need help!

Old 04-22-2002, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Blueman, good point. I forgot we were talking about twins. I bet the plugs in that motor are whiter than white. That would definitely be a tell tale sign. Hopefully they will work on it today and you will have some good news from the boat shop.
The joys of hi performance!
Old 04-22-2002, 11:15 AM
Registered

Ken,
Again sorry to hear your tale of woe. I hope you get it worked out asap. Keep me informed, you got the number.
Chris
Old 04-22-2002, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I spoke with the owner today. The motor has not been dissassembled yet but he says his mech. test drove the boat with the exhaust closed and probably melted the pistons. He is going to completely tear down the motor and rebuild. The other motor will get compression check, leakdown and heads pulled for inspection, and repaired if needed, at his expense.

Although this was a totally inexcusable, irresponsible, and down right stupid mistake, I commend the owner for his honesty and integrity.

Unless other issues arise, I will not name this marina.

Thanks to all who replied.
Old 04-22-2002, 02:30 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Ken, if you are satisfied with the results in the end I see no reason not to post the name of the marina. I would not hesitate to do business with anyone who stands behind their work lilke this owner is proposing to do. Obviously, this was a rare occurence. If it weren't, and the marina always fixed their mistakes, they would be forced out of business in short order. Bottom line - anyone can make a mistake, it's how they respond to the mistake that matters.
Old 04-22-2002, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Well GOOD for them!!!!!! stepping up like that!!!!! Shame it happened at all, But at least they arent trying to dodge responsibility!!!!!!!!!!!! Best of luck to you,hope it all works out!!
Old 04-22-2002, 05:29 PM
Registered

Ken, Glad to hear things are moving in a positive direction.
Laster said; "Bottom line - anyone can make a mistake, it's how they respond to the mistake that matters." and I couldnt agree more. Im a QS manager for a company with 100 employees. People are going to make mistakes, I do it all the time. What makes a successful person or business is the way in which a problem is delt with. This shop has very obviously stepped up to the plate and is rectifying the matter in very proffesional manner.
Old 04-22-2002, 11:42 PM
Blueman

I would not be afraid to do business with a company that made a mistake, we all do. The end result is what counts and that you have not had to fight them about it. I think they steped up to the plate and are also checking the other motor. GOOD BUSINESS

Good luck

Old 04-22-2002, 11:58 PM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Sorry to hear it Ken, but it looks like you are being taken care of.
Here is hoping your boat will be repaired in time for May 1!!

I foolishly dropped new engines into my Sonic and seem to have developed problems of my own now. (Aaaaaarrrrg!)
Old 04-23-2002, 01:01 AM
Registered

Dido on that Too Old. Ken, it looks like you picked a great place to do business. Sometimes you never really know until something like this happens. It still sucks, but at least it sounds like they are going to take care of you. All of us will make mistakes, but some can't admit it.
Good luck and let us know the out come!
Old 04-23-2002, 08:20 AM
Offshore Addiction

done many of crate motors with prochargers- probably know what your problem is call me to discuss- make sure they pickle your motors before they rust up- call (813) 247-3049 at Addictive Watersports and ask for me- Al. We have had our ups and downs with them and know what you are going thru. Call me

Quick Reply: Things have gone from bad to worse, need help!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.