Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Young Performance out there??? >

Young Performance out there???

Notices

Young Performance out there???

Old 03-13-2010, 12:42 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

It's not that I can't find an assembler......I don't want one. I don't trust anyone, including myself. That is why I double and triple check myself. As long as the engines going out the door have my name on them, then I will be the only one putting them together. I won't get behind because I just stop taking the work in. I will go until I drop, but I will not take more than I know that I can handle. I don't have an issue with working 18+ hours a day. I enjoy it.
It is almost 1 am and I am still at it. I went until 3:45 am last night. I will be at it again all weekend. This is my busy time and I will take advantage of it as much as I can. When it's time to play.....then I play hard. Right now, it's time to work. Thanks
Eddie
Old 03-13-2010, 06:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Congrats on the new shop Eddie..well deserved..
Old 03-13-2010, 11:13 AM
Registered

Thanks buddy. I couldn't be happier. Not to mention that I could really use the extra room.
Eddie
Old 03-14-2010, 11:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZXXX Donzi
Good plan.

Get him to build a set of his custom EFI engines. I have a couple of seasons on mine and have friends with a bunch more time than that. They hit hard, run clean and don't break. All I do with my 850 is change the oil.
Same with my 950's with 244 hours on them. Eddie is the man. Hey Donzi you still at Center Hill? If you are come by.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Chris said he dropped the motor this weekend at your "small shop" out back of your home... 6 bays! Wow. Now I wanna see pics of your setup just as much as the motor! Btw my name is Josh Emmick.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
Thanks buddy. I couldn't be happier. Not to mention that I could really use the extra room.
Eddie
Congrats bro !!! Cant wait to check it out !!

Gotta agree a little more elbow room wouldn't hurt..
Old 03-15-2010, 04:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Advantage 27
Eddie just needs to find some more time for sleep.
Sleep is definitely overrated....that is until Eddie finish's my motors.....LOL
Old 03-15-2010, 07:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fountain4play
Sleep is definitely overrated....that is until Eddie finish's my motors.....LOL
I'm trying brother. I'm going as fast as I can. I am cleaning everything for the short block now to start assembling. I wanted to have it done last week, but the bearings were giving me some problems. I needed to order some .001 undersized main and rod bearings so that I can get the clearances where I want them. Should hopefully have both shortblocks done this week. Talk to you soon.
Eddie
Old 03-15-2010, 08:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
I'm trying brother. I'm going as fast as I can. I am cleaning everything for the short block now to start assembling. I wanted to have it done last week, but the bearings were giving me some problems. I needed to order some .001 undersized main and rod bearings so that I can get the clearances where I want them. Should hopefully have both shortblocks done this week. Talk to you soon.
Eddie
No problem just busting your chops....take you time and get'r done right....talk to you later....Jim
Old 03-20-2010, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mean streak
Same with my 950's with 244 hours on them. Eddie is the man. Hey Donzi you still at Center Hill? If you are come by.
Yes, I am still around. I am winding up my busy season.

Bought a 60ft Chris Craft Roamer with 1271TI's to run around the Tn lake system. 3 staterooms and 3 heads, walk-in engine rooms and all the goodies. It is a piece of artwork. I never imagined that I would think that performance boating was cheap but you can spend some money on those big boys. Think 4 gal a mile when you lean on it. I am keeping the Donzi at Center Hill close to the house.

I have a friend here building me a custom hydraulic ram system so I can raise an lower the mast. I was explaining it to some of my big boat friends. They looked with bewilderment and asked how I knew someone that could do that.

We need to get together for a day on the lake again. I enjoyed last time. Next time I want to play more.

Last edited by ZXXX Donzi; 03-20-2010 at 10:02 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.