OK..Whats next in outdrives after Bravo1 >

OK..Whats next in outdrives after Bravo1

Notices

OK..Whats next in outdrives after Bravo1

Old 03-16-2010, 12:20 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

With 800hp you are going to need more than a standard XR.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
With 800hp you are going to need more than a standard XR.
I have an HP500, 3.3 Whipple, AFR heads, and a XZ with an IMCO shortie drive that has lasted for 3+ seasons. I assume I am close to or a little over 800hp as my 2750 Lavey runs a tick under 100gps on fresh water. If you drive your boat with a little care your drive will last- an XR is much stronger then a XZ.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:26 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Arnesons. When you get tired of breaking things and paying the piper give me a call. Speed increase with reliability what more can one ask for.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:32 PM
Chris
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMCO SCX drive.

Possibly with a SC lower depending on application.

Much stronger than a Bravo or XR, and will bolt up in place of a X or XR with just a helmet change.

Chris
Old 03-16-2010, 03:26 PM
Gold Member

Anyone running the IMCO SC drive? Looks like XR internals with heavier housing and bearings. You wouldnt need to change out the helmet and can keep your digital trim and captains call exhaust.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rik
Arnesons. When you get tired of breaking things and paying the piper give me a call. Speed increase with reliability what more can one ask for.
Did you get my PM?
Old 03-16-2010, 04:35 PM
Banned

get a drive with a tranny, a wet sump 6 would be a great reliable drive.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:38 PM
Registered

Max Machine Works out of Lake Havasu makes a killer drive (bravo style) that has been proven at over 800hp.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:47 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go with the Imco's. Is the Konrad available without using a trans? How much your willing to spend has alot to do with it and how much work are you willing to do as well. Some of these suggestions will require the use of transmissions and moving the engines forward to accomadate them. There's also the added expence of purchasing trans and fabbing mounts etc. I'd say that the Imcos are one step stronger than the XR's before getting into hugh dollars. I'm making a little over 700hp and just don't hammer it out of the hole which won't work anyway because it will just smoke the props. Have to watch the re-entry rpm's too. Just my 2cts worth.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fireboatpilot
Go with the Imco's. Is the Konrad available without using a trans? How much your willing to spend has alot to do with it and how much work are you willing to do as well. Some of these suggestions will require the use of transmissions and moving the engines forward to accomadate them. There's also the added expence of purchasing trans and fabbing mounts etc. I'd say that the Imcos are one step stronger than the XR's before getting into hugh dollars. I'm making a little over 700hp and just don't hammer it out of the hole which won't work anyway because it will just smoke the props. Have to watch the re-entry rpm's too. Just my 2cts worth.
Imco sounds like a good way to try. I think they even advertise on OSO? I have emailed Arneson, and Konrad but I don't know much about either of them. I am just looking for a combination that will work. I have gotten used to being easy on the Bravo of the last year or so and it's done a good job, but I know whats comin now that the engine is done. At least I only have to buy 1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.