Notices

Info on Tilt trailers

Old 03-23-2010, 10:56 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
I love your trailer! It's proabaly one of the nicest I have seen!!
Thanks Gino.See you at desert storm.GARY
Old 03-23-2010, 10:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

He will be happy but if i was buying a new tilt it would most likely be a skater tilt.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:14 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 4 Posts

tow it flat, buy some permits, use the extra cash for some bigger power. LOL
Old 03-24-2010, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

I got to crawl around Bob Teagues Skater while it was on the trailer and he gave a little demo of how the trailer works. It's a Skater trailer and it is bad azz!! The whole set up rides on air bags allowing the trailer to raise and lower via an on-board compressor and allows the boat to sit further down on the trailer due to no axles.

I've also seen Garys trailer that "Predator" rides on. Built by Paul Lugo (LUGOMFG), it is definately a master piece. Paul has been building car trailers and dealing with hydrolics for many years.

One thing to remember, if you do go tilt you have to re-rig some items on your boat to accomodate (i.e. fluids).
Attached Thumbnails Info on Tilt trailers-09-15-09_10.jpg   Info on Tilt trailers-09-15-09_11.jpg   Info on Tilt trailers-09-15-09_12.jpg  

Info on Tilt trailers-predator2.jpg   Info on Tilt trailers-img_3716.jpg  

Last edited by thisistank; 03-24-2010 at 08:24 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:07 AM
Registered

Thanks for the pics. Those trailers are bad azz.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

The Predator trailer looks very low to the ground. Does he get hung up on railroad crossings or driveway entrances? I used to have a 35 boat with a low trailer that would get hung up on the crest of launch ramps.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:05 PM
AKA NORTECHJ
Gold Member

Originally Posted by NO MERCY
Brad pretty much summed it up.

However I know Pure Platinum's tilt trailer (and others I know of) is dunked in saltwater all the time... and the bunks arent any higher than a standard trailer, and it goes in about every normal ramp. Never any problems that I know of...

Make sure you get one that allows you to pull flat as well. Some of them dont allow for the boat to be supported properly for towing when flat. You will find that you dont want to tilt all the time... its a little more effort to get it tilted up (moving everything inside the boat to one side, extra straps, oil line valves, cant get in and out of it, ect.). Not really a big deal, but sometimes you dont want to do all that just for a short pull.

They are heavy, and the upright boat acts like a wind sail on the highway when its windy, so you'll want a stout truck to pull it.

Overall though, they look amazing! Theres really nothing that makes a statement more than a big cat pullin into the poker run up on its side! Plus no overwidth, and visibility is much better in the mirrors.

I would just make sure you do your research on which trailer you buy... some are much better than others.
You have a tilt trailer for your bowrider?
Old 03-24-2010, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by skater40
HE is building mike fuscos new 46 skater with a 4, bustel that is 12 wide.
Aside from salt water issues the fact that it has a hydraulic
tongue is huge. I am currently 81 feet long and believe me the trailer
will hang on some ramps.
Pressurizing the rails with nitrogen would help the corrosion factor.

I would love to see Fuscos new setup
Old 03-24-2010, 07:51 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
The Predator trailer looks very low to the ground. Does he get hung up on railroad crossings or driveway entrances? I used to have a 35 boat with a low trailer that would get hung up on the crest of launch ramps.
It has 17.5 tires and the bottom of the sponson sits 1" above the fender. With the hydraulic tongue,i never get stuck or have a problem launching.
Knot right-email paul and he can send you some pictures of fuscos trailer.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:09 PM
Registered

As Gary says, we are building a tilt trailer for Mike Fusco's Skater 46 which actually measures 49'-6" OAL. The trailer will have our own newly designed fully independant air ride suspension. We are also working on using the main structural frame members for fuel tanks which will have about 200 gallons capacity. About rust on the inside of the tubing LubeJobs42's response is correct. What we do is seal weld all tubing joints and pressure check for leaks. This ensures that water cannot get into the inside.
Paul Lugo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.