Like Tree0Likes

Latest Powerboat Magazine

Old 03-28-2010, 08:29 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: Avanti & Formula 280SS

Anyone notice it is a Bi-Monthly Magazine now?
Old 03-28-2010, 08:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Boatless

Yeah, that is another thing, Bi-Monthly. I subscribed because I was expecting 12 months of content filled boat news, information, and testing like past issues. That expectation is the basis of my purchasing the magazine (legal basis). I have feel somewhat deceived, let down, and obviously disappointed. I do have a choice, I can continue to receive the magazine and continue to b*tch and moan, or cancel my subscription and or back to Hotboat Magazine, or another publication that will fill the void left when I cancel. Yes, I am disappointed with Powerboat Magazine this month.

Last edited by Smarty; 03-28-2010 at 09:24 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-28-2010, 09:18 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
Yeah, that is another thing, Bi-Monthly. I subscribed because I was expecting 12 months of content filled boat news, information, and testing like past issues. That expectation is the basis of my purchasing the magazine (legal basis). I have feel somewhat deceived, let down, and obviously disappointed. I do have a choice, I can continue to receive the magazine and continue to b*tch and moan, or cancel my subscription and or back to Hotboat Magazine, or another publication that will fill the void left when I cancel. Yes, I am disappointed with Poweboat Magazine this month.
Unfortunately there are no other performance boat magazines to go to. Hotboat is no more and I'm not aware of any other performance boating mag. Sign of the times. Probably more sad news ahead in the world of boating.

Last edited by heatwave3; 03-28-2010 at 09:48 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatwave3 View Post
Unfortunatelt there are no other performance boat magazines to go to. Hotboat is no more and I'm not aware of any other performance boating mag. Sign of the times. Probably more sad news ahead in the world of boating.
Thanks, I did not realize that. That does suck, that aren't many boat magazine choices, I am currently subscribing to Boating, Power & MotorYacht, and Powerboat. What ever happened to the days of Vapor Trails with Mr. Ricky?

What performance boat magazines are currently out there, comparable to Powerboat?

Last edited by Smarty; 03-28-2010 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Looking for a Powerboat replacement for monthly magazine subscrition
Old 03-28-2010, 11:09 PM
Registered

Smarty - Take a chill pill mate, my comment was made tounge in cheek. (if you saw the little clown face at the end you would have understood that).

Speedgirl - Didnt know PB had gone to a bi-monthly. Thats an even bigger sign that things arent well there. However its easy to bring a mag back to a monthly if the ad sales are there.

Smarty - Not many choices at all if you want dedicated high performance mags and unfortunately once you have paid your subs money to them they can do as they wish with the size of the mag, the frequency and more important the content. There are only two options you have, refuse to renew the sub or send the editor an email saying you are dissapointed, but personal opinion is that wont make must difference.

Powerboat - Obviously now a lot smaller and gone from monthly to bi-monthly.

H2O Full Throttle - Shelved for 2010 and back in Dec all going well.

Hotboat - Gone

Extreme Boats - Gone

Performance Boats - Whatever.

And I think thats about it.

Ned
Old 03-28-2010, 11:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoteoroa View Post
Smarty - Take a chill pill mate, my comment was made tounge in cheek. (if you saw the little clown face at the end you would have understood that).

Speedgirl - Didnt know PB had gone to a bi-monthly. Thats an even bigger sign that things arent well there. However its easy to bring a mag back to a monthly if the ad sales are there.

Smarty - Not many choices at all if you want dedicated high performance mags and unfortunately once you have paid your subs money to them they can do as they wish with the size of the mag, the frequency and more important the content. There are only two options you have, refuse to renew the sub or send the editor an email saying you are dissapointed, but personal opinion is that wont make must difference.

Hotboat - Gone

Extreme Boats - Gone

Ned
Thank you for listing the magazines, that is helpful.

I did see the clown face (Do think I am a clown? I am here for your amusment? just kidding), I was still insulted, I will get over it. I am attorney who sometimes takes offense. If I knew you or had ever seen you post before here on OSO I may not have been offended, but I do not know you. Now that the ice has been broken, I will less heavy handed.

You got to realize who you playing with before you get in the game, sometimes, the "dirtiest player in game" attitude in me comes out in me. Keep posting, good information, and I do appreciate your knowledge with regards to this topic.

Cheers to you,

Stephen

Last edited by Smarty; 03-29-2010 at 12:02 AM.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:11 PM
Registered

My Boats: Formula FASTech 382 Sunseeker Apache 45
Default 2000-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisistank View Post
I was just in the liquor store, standing next to the magazine rack and noticed Maxim mag. I picked it up and thought it was one of those special photo issues or something. It was barely 50% the size of what it normally was.

If you think it's only PBM that is smaller, take a gander at the magazine rack next time you're at the store and look through some of the rags. Advertising is down EVERYWHERE!

Here is a comparision of a non-boating trade jounal my company advertises in (up until January this year). The green one is July 2000 at about 250 pages. The Red one is March 2010 at 45 pages. What does all this mean? It's time to got boating!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Latest Powerboat Magazine-2000.jpg  
Old 04-17-2010, 04:00 PM
Banned

Matt, loved your article on the 1350 Merc racing engine and M8 drive. Pismo

Yes it was excellent, especially the interviews with Fred and that other guy. Puts to rest all the rumors about an outside builder... Good job Matt!
Old 04-17-2010, 04:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoteoroa View Post

Hotboat - Gone

Extreme Boats - Gone

Ned
You forgot Poker Runs America mag.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:19 PM
naplesimage.com
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: Every One In Sight

Performance Boats was bigger than PB last month. Whatever.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG